Dark Ranger customizations for Blood and Night elves šŸ”“

Probably not something Iā€™d use myself, but Iā€™m all for more customization! Players should have way more options!

1 Like

To all the hunters who want to be edgy: go to the nighthold and get the mythic headpiece. All the ranger stuff looks exactly like that outfit.

End of story

Orā€¦ All of them all the eyes! :sweat_smile:

But why just be edgy with a hoodie when I can have red eyes, the headpiece, AND be even edgier? :eyes:

3 Likes

I donā€™t even know why would anyone wants red eyes and be like ā€œI have the fluā€ :rofl: but now you made me wonder: if one has the red eye customisation plus the hoodie, will that personā€™s eyes be on flames as well? Or be sparky? Like some rabid animal? :thinking:

If yes, my orc huntress would like to tame themā€¦ just as she wants a worgen pet

We did, and it looks awesome indeed.

But itā€™s slightly annoying not to be able to change hood/mog? :wink:

Besides, at least on the horde side, the race name says Blood elves.
So a red would be appropriate! /s

An unlockable extra would be awesome!

4 Likes

It should be then a hunter specific quest line. If devs would put it in, I think it shouldnā€™t be a free for all stuff, but something that you earn.

3 Likes

A very nice idea!

But elf-only quest too. Wouldnā€™t make much sense on a dwarf huntress for instance. :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t think it should be limited to one class. I would prefer if it was more like the Night Warrior equivalent. You didnā€™t need to be a warrior to go for that look.

3 Likes

So a race-specific quest. Even better, indeed.

1 Like

Well the Night Elf one is race specific, I donā€™t really see an issue with that.

5 Likes

I must agree. A race-specific quest would be an awesome way to implement such an additional customization option.

5 Likes

But I will keep hoping it is going to be available for Night Elves too. :wink:

Although I would understand if it isnā€™t, since we already got the night warrior eyes as an extraā€¦

Not an issue for me, although I would understand if others disagree, as the night elves already got plenty of nice unique features compared to other races.

Tbh Iā€™d at her give the night elves an extra option for green Emerald Dream eyes as a symbol of their relationship with nature.

2 Likes

in the quest in broken shore the night elves u rised from the dead sed : we have lost everything we are forsaken .

so they are under undead creation and not in blood elf or night elf :stuck_out_tongue:

Yet Death Knights are listed as members of the original race, with the same racial skills.

Everything is possible. :wink:

4 Likes

High Elves fans have gotten the Void Elf customizations they wanted.

I will certainly keep hoping for red eyes for Blood Elves. :wink:

1 Like

Do Blood Elves need new customisations?

Yes. The males are lacking jewelry options which females have, and the entire race is lacking something ever since Blizz caved in and handed almost everything that made them unqiue to the Void Elves so another pass to restore some identity to the Blood Elves at some point would be welcome.

Should it be dark ranger eyes? No.

Because Blood Elves arenā€™t dead. Dark Rangers are all undead. You canā€™t be an alive zombie.

Blood Elven eyes canonically reflect the magics running through their veins. These are green, to represent the fel taint of the warcraft 3-tbc era, blue to represent the arcane aspect of the Sunwell and yellow to represent the holy aspect of the sunwell.

Red has no basis in lore, particularly as red is sought to be a dark ranger. Who are all, as stated previously, all dead.

New customisations should be sought emphasising what are actually blood elf themes, namely the light and their heritage (farstrider tattoos, extra jewellery options). Iā€™d say the light and the arcane but Nightborne seem to have the arcane angle taken.

How about Death Knights then?

They are dead, and yet they are still members of the Blood Elf race, with the usual racial skills and a choice of extra skins, which however they are not forced to use.

Lore and mechanics do not necessarily match.

In the lore there is ONE night warrior and thatā€™s the High Priestess of Elune.

In the game anyone can be a night warrior rogue.

So no, being undead ainā€™t an argument. Nor for as long as the Death Knights are labeled ā€˜Blood Elfā€™ rather than undead.

As a matter of facts it is the ā€˜Undeadā€™ label that causes confusion.

Sure, all members of the Forsaken faction are undead.
But to think of it, not all undead are/need to be members of the Forsaken faction.

So the Dark Rangers do not need to be labeled ā€˜undeadā€™.

Likewise, when it comes to character customization, class ainā€™t necessarily an issue.

Tyrande being a priestess hasnā€™t made Blizzard limit the black night warrior eyes to priests only.

I am all for new Blood Elf customization that emphasizes light (but are there such extra details in game, aside from the golden eyes that are already available, or do you mean they should make additions to the lore in that regard?) and details such as tattoos and runic scarring as seen in the older games and BC coverā€¦. But it doesnā€™t really need to be a CHOICE in between all of these options.

They could very easily add tattoos, AND scarring, AND the red eyes:

1 Like

You mean the hero class that so plays by itā€™s own rules it has unique customisations unavailable to other Blood Elves and has a unique starting screen? Same with Demon Hunters. Unique customisations for a unique class experience. Thatā€™s why itā€™s a hero class.

If they add a Dark Ranger hero class then yes, you could have red eye customisations locked to that class and it would be fully consistent with the story. But they would be locked to a Dark Ranger class, just as Death Knight and Demon Hunter customisations are locked to their respective classes.

But the options you are asking for are tied to a hypothetical class (itā€™s even in parathenses in the title) and are not something that could credibly be made available to all Blood Elves.

Unless you want to argue that a Blood Elf Paladin should be able to use the undead customisations from being a Death Knight under the same principle?