Blizzard is abandoning solo & casual players in 9.2.5

I would say it’s very seldom cosmetics only.
Moreover, the closer it to pure cosmetics, the less meaningful it is, as people need a way to interact with it to play with it/spend time in it.
Moreover, there are expectations people have of housing. RPG fans expect a player house to have at least a storage space. And strategy fans expect the base to have at least some unit recruitment options.
Because space is needed for functionality and because of the graphical style of the game, wow player housing was also inevitably going to be an open area, something large.

Thus, in terms of WOW player housing can not be a petite pure cosmetic thing, it.can only be a big swath of functional space.

And so it was. And so it is no more.

Give me a proper queue system for PVP/PVE so I can simply push a button to play with other players, that’s what I want with my “solo player” mentality. Have leveled a bit too many characters 1-50 this expansion because that’s the fun part about playing this game atm imo.

Ofcourse the premade group finder is fun aswell if you wanna play the social game but I’d rather play the queue system game sometimes it makes life easier when you just wanna chill, and they could make it so that it’s not so degenerative with people leaving by making non timed dungeons rewarding etc, not everyone wants to be a competitive andy to get upgrades some people just wanna enjoy meeting others in a non timed environment. I guess those people deserve to be weak and do transmog runs according to this current meta.

1 Like

So true, this
I only wish they kept breadcrumbs

And fewer players online.

1 Like

Then it’s obvious that that “gaming” model isn’t appealing for the people who look for fun. So it’s time for the drawing board again.

Trying to coax people into getting addicted is something the world is slowly waking up to and it won’t work for much longer. Those corporations better start investing in piggy banks because the good times are coming to an end. It’s going to be 5 or so more years at best.

I mean don’t get me wrong. All these games will always have a miserable core audience that doesn’t even register the fact they are marionettes to FOMO and addiction. BUT! That core audience is dwindling and the corporations don’t like that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

YEP! I even coded a match-maker for a small game for a friend a while ago. Super trivial stuff – gets complex when you have to communicate across a cluster of machines but hey, that’s why they have so many programmers right?

Additionally, there should be an upper limit: 5-10 minutes in the queue maximum and the vacant slots in the group get filled with NPCs.

Blizzard, do that already and stop hiding behind the “role-playing” and “it’s a multiplayer game, it’s in the name!” excuse because your game hasn’t been either for years.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.