(Blizzard marked solution = a lie)Wow causes whole system to freeze reboot required NO SOLUTION YET! happens on multiple full AMD systems NO SOLUTION FOR 510+ DAYS

I keep seeing more reports also outside forums there defiantly 20+ similar reports all full AMD hardware makes me wonder if its chipset driver related cos this can influence how the CPU behaves guys dont forget to post what operating system and explain if only having gpu driver crash or both gpu driver crash and system freezes
Including storage especially the drive which windows installed on

I’ve tested a system with 7950X and 7900XTX and that only have stuttering issues in WoW. What mobo brand you have?

Asus x570-E
Anyway keep testing if 5000 series has it and 6000 series maybe 7000 series have it as well

I wanted to get another mainboard dark hero but the board has issues with fast boot and since more have issues im not really intresting in replacing it since i want keep money on table for gpu replacement since everything points at either gpu or the drivers and im sure you are aware of gpu driver issues if you been on AMD GPU for more then 6 months cos its hell, but for some reason some people are very lucky, if been very lucky my self first year, not sure what made me have gpu driver issues now even tho latest drivers are defiantly more stable.

testing on windows 11 again im noticing hitches that i do not have on windows 10 perhaps this is a windows 11 compatability issue.

I have a similar problem, only when playing wow I get a green screen after which my pc will automatically restart, I have RX5700XT

Got an bluescreen just 30 min ago and needed to re-boot my pc. When i go to windows logs i see that i got an Critical error: Kernel-Power code 41.

I play wow on minimal settings, the few other games i play the settings is set to medium or high without any stuttering lag or bluescreen problems. All this started to happened to me after the “big patch” where we could alter the ui and other stuff.

Defiantly more frequently on windows 11 but learned to make my PC unfreeze with lot of patience and inserting usb sticks cos when you insert an usb stick wow loses focus and if set world of warcraft to run at 8 fps when it alt tabs so this removes load from the gpu

I guess i am gonna have to give up on world of warcraft if its not getting fixed this is frustating, im either getting gpu driver freezes or crashes does not seem like system is freezing i can hear sound going even if MPO is disabled

Same here, b4 pre-patch i played every day, now i only play like 2 days a week cuz of the extreme stuttering and bluescreen freezes. This xpac i completely broken.

Im sure at this point that devs aint reading our forums since there are zero response. My faith in blizzard is completey gone.

1 Like

Imagine paying full price expansion pack and 1 year sub and you do not even get any help, and have to keep bumping your own thread in hopes to find na solution someday.

2 Likes

I am sure curious now how many that work for Blizzard run AMD gpu right now, there no way they not been running into these issues with so many reports of this exact same issue.

Blizzard have said, REPEATEDLY, that the devs do NOT read the EU forums. That the forum is not the place for a bug report because the devs DO NOT read them.

The only way to report a bug in a manner in which the devs will read it in the EU regions, is via the in-game bug reporter.

So anyone figured out fix yet ?
Should i try install world of warcraft on manjaro linux instead and see if this also happens while in Linux ?
i don’t wanna risk a ban just cos i play on linux, i just got freesync working under linux.

Linux is fine, do it.

So no risk of getting banned ? including manjaro linux ?

Blizzard won’t provide any form of technical support for running on a unsupported OS like Linux - but they won’t take any action if you manage to get it working either.

I may give it a try tommorow i suspect tho i have to make it run in dx11 cos it may not work in dx12 but i could be wrong, such shame Blizzard them self wont respond but paying 1 year sub and full price for expansion pack and having these problems is a pain, if only been leveling alts since launch cos i dont want others to put up with a healer or tank that randomly freezes and takes 5 minutes to return… cos the gpu driver can take more then 2 minutes to reset

edit: already got battle.net app to launch.

I am not sure what you are expecting them to respond with, since they are not developers, nor in the US.

The forum staff are not privy to what the developers are doing, unless the developers ask them to make an announcement.

Nor can they keep responding with the same information that they have previously responded with, to every new post. Well, technically they could write a bot to do that, I guess.

Can’t you use VKD3D API?

Not sure wine translates stuff to VK obviously but not sure if that works on dx12 games just as well anyway battle.net launcher only manages to launch offline not online currently and download is just stuck initizilizing :smiley: where have if seen these reports before :smiley:

What can they respond with? If they are not developers, and the developers have told them nothing?

I am pretty sure you will also pour scorn on “We are sorry, but we have not been given any information regarding this.”

Its a no-win for them, so they keep quiet until they actually have something to respond with.