(Blizzard marked solution = a lie)Wow causes whole system to freeze reboot required NO SOLUTION YET! happens on multiple full AMD systems NO SOLUTION FOR 510+ DAYS

Chip: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x 4.5 GhZ / Core (8 core)
Board: MPG B550 Gaming Plus (MS-7C56)
Mem: 32 Gb DDR4 / 1600 Mhz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Red Devil (22.11.2)
Windows 11 Pro 22621.1105

I get random freezes, where I hear still Discord for a few moments, but cant move mouse, keyboard not respoding and basically the whole PC has to be rebooted. no way out …

Is a joke imo that for so long there is no fix.

Btw 23.1.1 is only for 7x series. Not the old ones.

2 Likes

Yes AMD has skipped drivers for 2 months and their drivers have been broken for 6+ months and they aren’t communicating, except via YouTubers.

Well its the first time I go with AMD setup… always was intel / nvidia… never ever again!

How long you been having problems ?

I think it started in November or end of October, not 100% sure.

1 Like

I haven’t had a lockup since switching driver versions in WoW at all for the past 3 weeks. I have been having more stutters though, but no freezes like we have been experiencing.

As for the drivers for the 5000-6000 series, there is an update coming in the next 2 weeks, so this fix should be included in that.

Yeah they plan to wait almost 3 months until doing a driver, which is stupid.

Hey! I had the exact same issue days ago, but playing FFXIV. In the end my issue was the CPU that was dying. It started with heavy-cpu games and little by little it started happening just turning on the system.
If your motherboard has leds, check if the cpu one is turned on.

I am having the same exact issue also with Windows 11 and AMD build, Ryzen 5 5600x and Radeon 5700 XT. I have stress tested the system in every possible way and it has passed it with flying colours. This only happens with WoW and not necessarily in a graphically intense area. It has happened while just chilling outside Orgrimmar for example. I also get the Kernel 43 windows error when I check the Event Viewer.

I am at my wits’s end at this point. I’m going to give 22.5.1 a try and pray that it works.

2 Likes

Well, just had a freeze, so it looks like it will still be an issue. To add to the list of games effected, ive started to experience this issue in Stellaris, Metro exodus, and the Division 2 (although that game is just buggy af). This appears to be a much wider-spread now.

1 Like

As expected from my experience it wont happen for 3 days and then it becomes worse and worse, but doing DDU and reinstall clears all shader cache as well as reinstalling the driver fixes it for a couple of days depending on your luck

How’s your system holding up over all, can you play other games?

1 Like

If kinda lost motivation but im mostly on arch linux now if had zero problems so far on linux so far, im really liking arch linux so far.

Strongly considering canceling subscription and possibly my account due lack of blue response

Blizzard no longer cares now they already got my money, this game is a scam.

I don’t wanna buy any Blizzard games anymore cos they obviously do not care if i have a problem or not.

edit: getting a vertical mount stand so i can vert mount gpu and test 2e pci-e slot see if driver issues go away but i really doubt it, while also getting one cos there no way i will mount a Nvidia gpu without one due 12 pin, i want gravity to prevent 12 pin to get lose with time, not to mention so it has more room to be inserted freely without issue.
100% certain i will end up waiting for a driver that fixes my issues or switch Nvidia and canceling my sub and likely my account with Blizzard cos im fed up being kept stuck in driver hell

Would’t that be convient easier to replace hardware then fix driver issues, altho i can escape this driver hell on Linux.
Post debug led for gpu can be misleading with AMD cpu’s cos they will report failure if you unplug your monitor or when your monitor wakes up to slow only an issue with display port however.

1 Like

New AMD radeon driver 23.2.1 no mention of fixes or known issue with world of warcraft, looks like both AMD and Blizzard are ignoring the issue.

Not gonna renew my sub this time, strongly dislike ignorance of this level.

1 Like

This issue has been relevant for me now over 2x AMD cards - 6700XT - Anything above 22.3.1 and it was a total lottery on when wow was going to freeze. Not fun when you potentially brick someone’s mythic key.

Anyhow I’ve upgraded to a 6800XT yesterday, tried the new drivers released yesterday too - 23.2.1 and boom the issue is still present. Looks like it’s a downgrade to 22.3.1 again!

This may sound controversial but maybe return your card and buy a alternative from Nvidia, as AMD had plenty of chances to fix their drivers and blew it every single time.

I was hoping the issue would be resolved with the new 23.2.1 drivers but apparently not (haven’t tested them myself yet). Bug report doesn’t seem to do anything, should message AMD twitter or something? :confused:

AMD just decided to limit MPO max planes down to 1 with dualscreen setup instead of 3 with only 1 monitor on, so they seem to have finally realised there are issues and put on a bandaid for all blackscreen issues at driver level why only with dualscreen or triplescreen tho makes no sense never was an issue with 22.5.1, im not spending a single dime anymore or world of warcraft Blizzard now owe’s me bigtime compensation before i start resuming any future subscription
there are least 30+ reports of this issue and all if seen is ignorance from both AMD and Blizzard.

1 Like

It’s a good suggestion to be fair, which is a massive shame as the cards are decent otherwise.

1 Like

Anyone tried the new 23.2.2 drivers?