(Blizzard marked solution = a lie)Wow causes whole system to freeze reboot required NO SOLUTION YET! happens on multiple full AMD systems NO SOLUTION FOR 510+ DAYS

I’ve found that if the only thing that’s running is wow.exe then the chance of getting a freeze is really low. The chance is higher when you’re running 2 video playbacks at the same time - for example, WoW and Twitch or WoW and YouTube or WoW and VLC, etc. Basically, it feels like more than 1 video stream is overloading the GPU. However, as I’ve said before, it’s happened with only VLC running (literally nothing else was open for alt-tabbing, background stuff was running like AMD Adrenalin and other apps).

For me, I’d say it’s a problem with AMD and WoW - somehow, the game isn’t optimized to run well with multitasking (most of the time at least, sometimes freezing on its own) on an AMD Radeon GPU. Nvidia doesn’t have this issue, apparently, which is why I’m considering to move to an RTX card.

1 Like

There are also weird MPO freezes that unfreeze when alt tabbing but somehow have the feeling the freezes if experienced are similar but do not go away and effect both panels so something is wrong at game or driver level

Defiantly the game instant freeze up today just starting up the game only happens on Windows not on linux, is Blizzard gonna take this serious or just gonna keep pretending we do not exist ?

3 Likes

@Eyati ma boy.
i almost read all your coments.
i have a brand new pc running with a cpu 5800X gpu 6750 xt 32 gb ram corsair 3600 CL 16.
Windows 11
and recently i have those weird freeze screens and sometimes color blend screen (if that make sence )that dissapear with alt-tab i just had 1 freeze that i had to reset the whole system.

at first i was paniced and thought that the issue may be the hardware.

is there anything that you advise me to try?

thank you in advance brother for all your feedback

2 Likes

Having the system freeze issue on
Nvidia GTX 1080 asus rog strix
AMD ryzen 7 3800x
Asus x570 Gaming-F mobo

Sometimes audio from browser/spotify goes on a bit before cutting out aswell.
Anyone know of a driver version or other workaround?

Edit: also Im on Windows 11 build. 22621

1 Like

Another nvidia user with a system freeze now? Hmm, interesting. So it might be worth stating that the only common denominator is CPU and mobo - mostly CPU though. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone with an Intel CPU in this thread. However, most of us also have a B450/B550/X570 mobo too.

2 Likes

Same here - Not happy, that all the problems happens to you all, but been reassured, that at least I’m not alone …

Besides Windows, I play on an iMac. :nerd_face:

My situation the last 3 days is somehow similar:

Basically it’s not possible to join WoW at this moment. Not only the game, but my whole system freezes, while still stalling in the launcher, but I hear the audio in the background. The next minute my cursor disappear. Can’t do anything now. Audio stops. 1 minute later all goes black and the iMac reboots automatically.

Same in the US:

My machine:
iMac Pro (2017)
macOS Catalina (10.15.7)
3,2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W
64GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

My „user experience“:

• Worked supreme in BfA on 8/10 (sometimes 10/10) graphics
  • Troubles began with prepatch SL and SL itself, later ok.
  • Some annoyances with DL, but later 100% ok.
  • Mega trouble with May 3rd, 2023 patch. Can’t join atm.
    (but yesterday I managed, don’t ask me how, to join for whole 4 hours - it worked not that bad :astonished:

Just waiting for the weekly maintenance and hoping for a better start. Again.

1 Like

It’s been real bad with the latest patch. 3 times in about 2 hours - all of them during M+. Going back to 22.5.1 as this is unbearable.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I just added to the big list of people who have this annoying freeze system with an amd card, I will try as mentioned to go back to the 22.5.1 update

2 Likes

Had not single freeze on Linux the issue is primarly on Windows 10 and Windows 11
Imagine buying 1 year plan having plans to play all year and then level new alts and eventually start freezing like come on Blizzard how unprofesional is this thread gonna hit 1 year old ? this game is a scam how dare you take my money and not give any support at all not just me but everyone else as well, Shame on you Blizzard shame on you…
Seriously Blizzard is to lazy to fix a broken game.

Linux preferably Arch altho Manjaro may be easier to start with, then install steam and lutriss and install battle.net launcher via lutris, anyway personally if given up and canceled my sub, Blizzard cant reply im not giving them my money, they owe me, they charging money for a broken game which not acceptable.

I sometimes post on more characters personally if seen 30+ users reporting the same problem, its probably 100+ now hard to count how many have the issue but its mostly full AMD systems.

1 Like

Day 175 of trying to get attention from Blizzard to look into this and communicate with AMD that clearly also loves to ignore me just like Blizzard ignores this thread.

Broken games and ignorance are the new normal by the looks of it.

1 Like

It becomes playable if you revert to amd 2.5.1 and disable MPO. Not the best performance, but stable and without a lot of stutters. Although it is from more than a year ago, it is by far the best version which comes without any issues. All seems fine with a single display, but if you have extended or duplicated desktop the problems keep piling up with every following update and it can be even more frustrating if you aren’t using identical monitors.

However, to use an older version of graphical drivers you will need to properly delete all remnants with display driver uninstaller software and then manually pause windows updates (wushowhide for example), otherwise your screen will at random momentarily go black and turn back on but this time with drivers forced by windows, in which case anything above version 30 as seen in the device manager window comes with a plethora of problems in different applications, browsers and video players (stutters, screen tearing etc).

Blizzard definitely needs to step in and do something; Diablo 4 beta was asking for the latest driver update and while it everything over there may work perfectly fine, it just exposes more wow users to this same problem.

The weird thing is how after pressing play for the first two times it refuses to launch D4 and presents you with an annoying popup, but if you click play once more it will start the game and it will run equally well with no problems, both on updated and outdated version.

Rip 7900 XTX users

Unexpected, but i think updating MB-BIOS has fixed the problem for me. B550 AORUS ELITE V2, FCc (Feb) to FC (Mar).

I thought so to then i froze, nearing day 176 of getting this 1 year old issue fixed, its obviously not a bios issue most likely issue with the game.

Also i want compensation if no fix i want a full refund.

177 days without response from Blizzard

Just look at how many new post about bugs there are everyday. At this point the game is just too broken to fix and blizzard dont care or whatever the F they are doing…

1 Like

Their goal was to get everyone on 1 year sub and then ignore everyone for a year 177 days without a response, i guess my money is worthless now…

1 Like

178 days without support, meanwhile if payed 89,99 euros for the game and 1 year sub and this is how i am being treated, this issue exclusively happens in world of warcraft.

Paying customer no support good job blizzard, i hope Microsoft cleans up this trash soon this is pathetic