Blizzard pruned their own pvp devs

Well done blizz, giving the middle finger to ur pvp community with this CANCER pve gear meta. Same mistakes over and over again. We want a blue post instead u close threads that are giving u appropriate criticism. Wheres my man ghostcrawler at, this new guy Ion is an animal. enough said im out cya at classic wow launch

7 Likes

They already did after MoP

1 Like

Funny the players at pre blizz con tournies . think this is the most competive meta they bave fought in.

Aren’t all the PVE items disabled on tournament realms or is it just the trinkets?

1 Like

Honestly…not sure but either way it is relevant if they are a disabled (never used to be everything way back) then that means possibly class balance is not all bad.

So hopefully that tells blizzard to limit pve items in some capacity in pvp on live, adjusting values should be done vs players (which is possible) but as an RPG things shouldnt all be balanced imho but maybe not as extreme as it is right now though, personaly i like inbalce makes things fun and forces us to think of counters and solutions, moaning on the forums isnt a solituton though (this remark is not aimed at you )

Yeah tournament realm proves that if they removed or nerfed the PVE items in PVP then the game would be in a way better place… I personally think blizzard want to try ‘‘bridge the skill gap’’ with items so PVE’ers can actually compete in pvp if they want to… Only way I can vaguely justify them doing it…

I way prefer the counter play we have now, rather than previous expansions where it was who ever pops their cooldowns first win.

Only thing I disagree with is about moaning on the forums (I tend not to get involved with cry babies / pro moaners), however I don’t care what people say, blizzard do read the forums and take vague notice when the same topic if bought up all the time… So moaning does get to a solution if enough people moan about it

Even if they removed pve gear they would still have to increase sub par spells across the board… like 20-40% dmg increase on incinerate, arcane shot, lightning bolt (outside of cds, nerf cds) etc… you should be afraid of dying at any given time, not only every 2-3 min while cds are up.

4 Likes

I personally disagree, learning to use your offensives,defences and CC correctly should win matches… Not monogloid DPS

1 Like

There is a difference in mongoloid dps and being able to punish someone making a misstake. As of now some classes are very forgiving (looking at you Resto druids). In tbc and wotlk you didnt “need” your cds to kill someone"

4 Likes

If someone makes a mistake and you don’t capitalise on it… Then you made a mistake too… You might not kill them, but if they make an actual mistake, you should be forcing a defensive or at least reverse the pressure.

Everyone has their own opinion though, I personally you should only get kills through CC chains, counterattacking, enemy mistakes or winning the mana war (I hate the mana war but it is a skill to conserve mana or get positioning to get a drink)… Basically outskilling wins… Not just damage.

Were there ever pvp devs beside of holinka? and maybe ghostcrawler?

Yep, they gave up in 3 stages:

1. Introduced dampening, stopped balancing on healing efficiency.
  2. Introduced PvP talents, stopped balancing classes utility and CC.
  3. BFA
2 Likes

fixed this

8 Likes

ofc its the most competive it has ever been: pricepool has increased; more tournaments; forced to play every comp cuz thats the only thing that matters, since every specc itself is so limited now.
however i fail to see how this can justify the current game design, which is utterly boring and unfun

1 Like

Here you are.
I just found a reply from a dev posted at reddit about the upcoming PvP tweaks on next patch.

Activision : ‘PvP feedback LULW’

4 Likes

Pure pvp balance prespective, not thinking any deeper as j was replying purely for balance.

Personally i dont feel classss are pruned too much i feel like the specs themselves are too locked, for instance mages: let them access the entire spellbook…i mean come on let the players make choices, same goes for all classes in my opinion now ofcoursse don’t out bestial wrath for example inside the spell book make that a specific specilisation trait so you still keep spec identitoes but if you wanted you could go beast within + survival for enhanced ice trap, marks for the hunters matk etc.

Basically how wrath was still prettt free but wifh clesr identities.

As far as pvp balance goes without including pve items it is fine, just a conolete lack of incentove outside of tourny realms to actually pvp

The pvp balance outside of the PVE BIS items is decent and acceptable.

Except few things in my opinion like “death strike healing, gpy, rop for ww should be only mw, barskin 1min cd to low, disarm for mw monks ? and so on” should also take a look into.

What is not acceptable is that these mongolite PVE “void stone, trident, diamond-laced refracting prism” items are BIS for pvp and ruining the meta by far as well the fun wich we had in pvp. “ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB, ABSORB”

Oooh and I forgot the HEALING OUTPUT what is provided as PASSIVE BONUSSES from these items are beyond from realistic and out of control as well.

So plz Blizzard plz stop this madness I beg you…

• Disable on use and on proc effects from pve items in pvp content.
  • Disable on use and on proc effects from pvp items in pve content.

TY VM FOR THIS IF U BLIZZARD EVER GONNA IMPLENT THIS BECAUSE SO FAR U BROKE PVP IN PIECES WITH YOUR PVE CRAP.

1 Like

You think pvp balance is acceptable without pve items. Go figures. You play a fotm spec at 1800 rating. Guess everything seems balanced from that perspective.

Meanwhile my arena partners barely are willing to cap in 2’s. One way or another this game is always getting me to do pve.

Sorry edited my post.

I didn’t ment that its fine as its current state ofc I want more fair balance design wise and class / spec specific.

But PVE OP BIS items as mentioned in thousands of threats even worse the problem.

These items should be disabled in pvp content and visa versa in contradiction.

There some tweaks to be done that’s for sure.

I think you are right and wrong. I believe both sustain damage and CDs should matter. At the moment stuff only happens when someone pops CDS… you might as well go afk while waiting for CDs.