Blizzard & Twitch Team Up To Censor Gamers

Just stop, please its getting embarrassing now, are you that out of touch with your customers lets moderate everything welcome to 2019 Where trigger words or emotes ( Through Twitch ) will dramatically affect you even though they don’t tell you what trigger words / emotes they actually are affecting your battle net account. “LOGIC IMPLODE”.

29 Likes

Did it genuinely take you like 10 Minutes to write that unimaginative troll comment… That’s appalling, all am gonna say.

15 Likes

Did you stare at me writing for 10 minutes?

Checked out his channel. Yep, he’s one of them. Complaing about women in video games and movies (Battlefield, Ghostbusters), amongst other typical gamerbro topics.

Edit: about this vid: Both twitch and blizz are private companies, they have the right to “censor” anyone using their platforms.

6 Likes

gamers are CENSORED?!+ ooooh myyyy gooooooooooooood

1 Like

Im glad they are censord might start to get rid of toxic people and get some decent construtive feedback instead inane rants made by people ranting and raving about none issues .
And OP just because somebody doesnt agree with you doesnt make them a troll please go read up on what makes one and keep the post polite .

2 Likes

We truly are the most oppressed minority. RISE UP!

1 Like

I fail to see what this has to do with World of Warcraft.

This specifically covers Overwatch League. Since OWL has lots of major sponsors and is being shown on DisneyXD and ESPN, the organizers are somewhat obligated to ensure the reputation of the product – the Overwatch League – as being a friendly and welcoming product. That naturally means moderating twitch chat by purging racism and hate speech and similar.

I fail to see how that is a bad thing. The Overwatch League is awesome, and I love watching it. The twitch chat is actually pretty great as well, and I don’t foresee that this will have any noticeable impact at all. But Blizzard are still obligated to moderate it, otherwise they would come off as not caring one way or another about what goes on in regards to their product – and that obviously isn’t acceptable.

Just like I expect police and security in a football stadium, so do I expect moderators in my twitch chat.

But for what it’s worth:

19 Likes

Is there a tldr for people that don’t want to listen to a lumberjack for 10 minutes?

4 Likes

Sure. He wants to plug his other YouTube channel and spends 1½ minute doing so. Then he squeezes in some fake outrage about twitch chat moderation as it pertains to the Overwatch League to lure the viewers.
So yeah, subscribe to his other upcoming channel, it already has some “cool videos”. That’s the TLDR. And don’t forget to like and hit the subscribe button!

2 Likes

You are required to Link Bnet to twitch - Any Blizzard livestreams from Warcraft to Overwatch “Any game published by blizzard” If you’re found using emotes not agreeable by blizzard or words you can have your twitch and Bnet Terminated and banned without actually giving a decent or any variation on what they trigger words would be and being the fact its policing people and causing them to not use emotes which twitch themselves allowed to be used on the platform so you could use one of these emotes and have your actual warcraft account Overwatch account anything to do with your battelnet suspended or further more banned, I’m fine with the premise of making a better experience but they’re literally doing what twitter do and say don’t use these words without actually telling you the words to begin with.

Edit: this also goes along with Emotes also sorry I feel I never clarified that well enough.

5 Likes

Cons. feedback as in…ahem…“You guys are GREAT, good job on everything so far, superior quality” and everything else = toxic?

7 Likes

Thanks,

Surely they can’t give a list of words because ya’know, common sense? Twitch chat is a cesspool, it scrolls past faster than I can read and its all angsty people posting ASCII wangs and stuff. I’m not sure much would be lost if they were shut up.

1 Like

My issue is mainly the emotes something people either earn from streamers or obtain through backing them when being allowed to be published and used but to be possibly have your account compromised in terms of a suspension or ban is just utterly dumb in my view but concourse many people here don’t actually watch the video and still spout a opinion though thanks for actually taking the time to ask for more information.

1 Like

you know you can give constructive negative feedback without being toxic and rude .

3 Likes

Totally. I was just pointing the Blizzard Horsemen Squad mentality. If you say anything that doesn’t fit in their Blizzard paradise lane, you are basically toxic and i quote “have more things to worry about”.

2 Likes

I think this is going to be focused on things akin to typing TriHard everytime a black person walks into view. I’m fine with banning people that do that. The toxicity and blatant sexism and racism in huge twitch chats is insane, and more moderation is needed.

8 Likes

Which is fine, Though when you give premise to this but don’t actually give a variation at least to what is allowed and not is dangerous many people on twitter have felt this unfairly and it can happen now to people without them realising it.

What they want to prevent here is another incident like they had early in the Overwatch League. The Malik / trihard emote case, or whatever you want to call it. You can google it.

Then where is the issue of being explicit in what they don’t condone instead of leaving people in the dark to hover over a emote and be unsure if its going to drastically affect a account that shouldn’t have any linked variation to their b net.

2 Likes

not a troll comment, that particular streamer finds fault with everything. Heaven forbid someone puts a girl or a minority in a video game, he writes it off as SJW at its finest. Some people would be perfectly happy if all video games only had white male characters and that streamer is one of them.

2 Likes