Blizzard: We are bringing back totems in SL

Expectation:

Shaman

• A customizable [Totem Bar] will now be available for shaman allowing the storing of 4 different totems. These totems can be placed on the ground at once in one global cooldown for the combined mana cost of all 4 totems.

Relatiy:
https://www.wowhead.com/shadowlands-shaman-class-changes

New Baseline Abilities: Chain Heal, Chain Lightning, Healing Stream Totem, Flametongue Weapon, Flame Shock, Frost Shock, Lightning Shield, Searing Totem

Ok, so are those Blizzard way of Bringing back the totems? Making all shaman classes have the same totems?

What about actually giving us the totems we had pre-mop?

Where is?

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Totem_Bar

Where is?

Come on Blizzard, at least show you are serious with this one.

Please!!

2 Likes

So excited to get my imp on a stick back :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Why not banana on a stick?

I’d take a banana stick aswell!

…I bet you would…

1 Like

Why stop there, would be cool place all totems one by one, like paladins did buff their buffs every few minutes in vanilla. (Ok, that was a joke!)

I mean… .well… I have always found that removal totems was awckward as for me totems are kind of iconic for the class and without totems they are just watery logged druids or mages with different spell names, and enha shaman feels like mix of old fury warrior meets rogue, but does not even know what it wants to be.

Out of all classes, for me, shaman has lost its identity most over the past years. Only ‘very shaman thing’ for me feels that elemental overload mechanic and lighting themes, but that is not enough to bring the ‘I am master of elements and nature’ feel at all.

I expected totems do full return, when they spoke of bringing back old things, but I have learned before not to think as much. I should totally stop thinking as much.

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t want more things on my action bar! >:c

1 Like

You can macro all your mounts into one handy thing, and you can remove the 4 versions of hearthstone and bind them into macro too.

Side note - my favourite shaman race is draenei, their tail wiggles so awesomely, when they cast.

2 Likes

NO!

I don’t want more damn abilities! SHOO!

I dont get why people want lots of buttons. Having hundreds of buttons whem you only used around half of them always seemed stupid to me.

4 Likes

Me neither. Especially when most of them have no meaningful interaction with one another and are just there to be pressed on cooldown.

1 Like

Ew. Get a room you two >.<

3 Likes

Well, with the old totem bar we badically just pressed it once every 5(?) minutes :sweat_smile: i’m not too fuzzed about totems, i still have totems that i use every pull (like cloudburst) and others situationally (earthbind, tremor, earthen wall, root totem and so on).

1- You are warrior and not shaman
2- Use addons and delete whatever you don’t want to see
3- It is DNA linked to Shaman, if you don’t like old totems don’t play Shaman, roll DH or one of the other 11 classes you have.

What is this? Spam??

No, its my sarcastic answer about the excitement i feel about getting searing totem back :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Guess who also has a shaman?

I did, but it wasn’t as many spells on my bar back then.

I’ll play whatever the F I want.

1 Like

So basically, the only thing we’re getting are the existing totems being class-wide?

1 Like

Searing Totem doesn’t exist.

but how many spells your shaman has on their bars actually ? (BRB, bringing coffee and checking my shaman)