Blizzard: We are bringing back totems in SL

Ironic, since at the start of BfA it was much better in PvP than it is now at the end, due to its healing being cut in half. Now it’s at least more viable with good corruptions, since you can just burst someone down before you die.

Was expecting more too, it was the support/support DPS aspect that got me into Shaman back in WoTLK.

I’m fairly certain I can clean up my bars a bit to fill some of with the new abilities, but the main issue is that with our “toolkit” we do not have any meaningful utility bar Wind Rush totem.

Tremor works on only 50% of the things it supposed to remove and is on the GCD, we have one boss every raid tier that it works on most of the time (every two raid tiers if you raid Mythic like I do). They’d need to take it off the GCD, make it work on every single bloody fear and charm, I am tired of the inconsistencies this thing has.
Earthbind can be useful in Mythic+ and maybe a raid boss or two /expansion.
Capacitor totem is one of the weakest AOE stuns around, but I guess it is good to have around.

Half the abilities I’m getting back in SL with Resto are going to be useless, Primal strike? like really?
Lightning shield might see some very niche use in PvP and maybe solo leveling and that is about it. Same really with flametongue weapon.
Earth shield will be nice, but it will be obviously undertuned with the Talent that comes with it.

Searing totem is buggy and pulls the whole world, now it will also be calculated into shaman DPS. Frost shock is a welcome change if it has no cooldown on it.

It would have been nice if we get back some actual meaningful utility instead of abilities for the sake of it. I’d gladly trade my currently dreadful chain lightning to have grounding totem again with the spell reflect effect, that was actually a fun and meaningful utility to have.
Skyfury would be a great buff totem if it would be toned back and put a bigger CD on it for PvE.

I wish they brought them as short term cooldowns to use in raids.

For example the old ele crit totem. Make it a 10% crit buff on a 15 sec duration with 4 minute cooldown.

The melee haste totem, same.

Rework old mana tide totem to have spells restore 50% of mana on the same short duration.

I mean, come on blizzard if I can come up with these ideas while on a poo break, I’m sure tens or hundreds of designers can come up with better ideas.

I disagree, not without fire nova.

A return, not a FULL return.

Totems should be back entirely IMO. That includes even buff totems. It is not that big deal to press it if they gave us 4totems skills back.

1 Like

I would like to see this return. After playing Classic, I really miss being able to properly cleanse poisons and diseases.

1 Like

I prefer the current dispel model atm. In classic if you’re a class that relies on a debuff and against one who can dispel it, it’s basically written off. Low mana cost instant no cooldown cleansing is not the way forward.
Shaman similarly, having a totem do it for you automatically (in addition to having a no CD cleanse of either affliction) just takes the nuance out of dispelling. It changes dispels into a “difficult situation” (you can’t cure X) or “completely trivial” (you can dispel X and you can dispel it on everyone within a few secs). Very black and white binary.

The current model makes you weigh up who to dispel, making dispelling a bit more nuanced. It also means the fact a class can dispel your debuffs in PvP doesn’t completely gimp you. It’s not perfect however, there is huge disparity in debuffing usefulness between types other than magic. I also wouldn’t mind if the cd was reduced to say 5 sec (or reduced by haste) but having no cooldown whatsoever i’m not a fan of, nor auto-cleansing (totems, abolish disease and poison)

I don’t disagree. But having once been able to remove poisons and now being completely unable to feels bad to me.

Yeah shaman got wrecked I’ll agree

Cleansing poison and disease to cleansing magic and curses (yuck)

I mean cleansing magic is awesome and useful, but disease and poison are very useful too, curses are too infrequent to be on the same level of usefulness.

1 Like

Oh nice time to level me a few Shaman then :slight_smile:

I post as a naked Demon Hunter I never play and people get angry at me for it. :shushing_face:

1 Like

Meanwhile resto druids being buffed with additional “much needed” utility. They need that.

And shamans get Firefart Totem. Great. Now my life is complete.

1 Like

This totem should be like the ones in vision - have a wider range, and then suck targets on its root… and then stun. :smiley: Not that vision one stuns, but if the player totem would have this small aoe grip function…

2 Likes

Still I hoped hunter’s traps bars back.

Impossible to implement. Compilator throws errors whenever anyone tries to buff shamans :slight_smile:

Yeah. People moaned about exactly that, so it got pruned down. Then people moaned they wanted buttons.

:man_shrugging:

3-4 spells make me feel boring like kid playing.

I missed use before 5-8 was fun.

Genuinely made me giggle. Shaman class has earned their position in warcraft memes.

As the saying goes : You think you do, but you don’t.

2 Likes

It was dreadful in Legion. I felt so naked when playing that class. The pruning went wayy overboard. Seemed like half of abilities I had was gone.