Blizzard's Timewalking badge nerf

No it is not in any way beneficial to anyone unless you consider that someone being required to spend twice the time to farm an item after October 8th than the time you took to farm the same item prior to October 9th is a “benefit” to you.

With 70k already farmed I guess I am safe that I can buy all the upcoming TW rewards but I do not in any benefit from the fact that returning players will have a much harder time getting these items than I did.

I’ve well over 100k of them already so I doubt it’ll impact me much

It dosen’t make sense. The system worked fine all this time, there’s a saying if it aint broke dont fix it. Clearly this change was to fulfill some devs quota for the month in order not to get fired.

I have around 48 alts without the change i could have collected 24000 badges just by taking my alts through the TW dungeons.

With the change 1(500 first run) + 47 (200) it’s total off 9900

Now i’ll be realistic on this max id run is 10 dungeons so 10 alts with the change now i earn 2900 TW badges Without the change i would have earned 5000 and that would have been enough for those expensive mounts.

With this change we are forced to run two times more making the grind more tedious as it demotivates players, this literally does not respect players time anymore, the developers notes is just not justifiable at all.

1 Like

Beneficial? Of course not. But it still makes sense. We can not like it, but you can’t honestly say it doesn’t make sense and that you didn’t see it coming

Blizzard decided to implement Warbands.
Blizzard decided that TW badges would be one of the currencies of WB
Blizzard decided that the transfer of WB would have no transfer fee

And then they somehow blame the players and decide to punish anyone running a TW dungeon on more than 1 character ?

I was very happy with the old system, didn’t need the transfer system which only provides minor convenience.

I would definitely and gladly be in favor of getting the 500 per alt reward back and lose the transferability or have a 60% penalty on transfer.

Just bad and insulting to peoples time.

3 Likes

Honestly a little PO’d about this. I’ve never had more than 500 tokens and suddenly it gets nefed for my alts all because some veteran players hoard theirs.

Hey Blizzard, what’s that about valuing alts and valuing player time? Oh yeah! You lied. Again.

How about lower prices as well? Blizzard is keen on ruining its own finest game

They were never account wide before.

You don’t get the point.

The system was working fine before without any issues. The Player collected badges, purchased rep tokens, and sent them to alts. But now the grind has become more tedious than ever before.

Another thing when it was September 18th we had TBC timewalking active and turning that time the badge gains were 500 per alt still for a dungeon and you could trade them between alts without any issues.

There were no issues the “no fun police” hadn’t arrived. But as soon as the wotlk timewalking was close they announced the update the day before the reset just to hinder the gains.

AGAIN the system was fine before, if people want to farm let them rather than pushing for artificial scarcity.

We had a stable gain now you do 20x more grind for less pay just to get something you want. Smh

This doesn’t respect the player’s time anymore it’s just a big L.
I will never understand blizzards policy on touching things when everything works fine.