Block Raider IO from your game

Because you’re applying for a spot in a setup on whose good functioning it depends whether someone’s time and effort spent so far will be rewarded or not.
If I use human nature again…probably noone here knows of a person that likes their work being set back.

that’s the flaw you just said it

why would qualified players get to play when 2k io player can take their place

this system forces the player to act like that, i dont blame you honestly, i blame the design of this

1 Like

i remember in wotlk we used gear score, one warlock had insane gear score but only 2k dps, no one knew why.

1 Like

Please dont hate on me, i have to agree with the OP. Rio is divideing us instead of uniting us. it separates the palyer base completly.
Rio is effecting the game very badly and also effecting the relations with other players as well.
Alot of player thinks is if you have high score you are a skilled player, and if you have low scores you are worthless.
In my opinion scores points shouldnt decieds who is a skillful player and who is not. Considering the fact that basicly now everyone can buy m+ boosts with no brain, no player skills, no mechanics skills, yet they have almost 3k or 2k scores.
Back in legion i had 1.8k scores and i have seen higer scored players, with zero knwoledge about mechanics, and constant wipes, with zero character knowledge, and even badly geared character stats as well.
So in my opinion. Raiderio neds to go. i am sorry if you are disagree with me. But this addon is just separates from us instead of uniting us. And this acualy does have a very bad effect on the game wich also effects on the player base. Some player became so elitist by this with only 5 k achievment point with boosted m+ runs, that further toxicating the game play experiances as well. wich is not good for this game considering the current state of it right now .
thats my opinion.

3 Likes

Yes ppl can buy boost way up to 3k score. But it is easy to see who has bought boost or not. If they have done less than 10 15+ it is 100% boost. If you tell me that they have waste 20-30 mill on 100+ 15 Keys to get the req. I dont belive you

1 Like

honestly, if it isnt rio, its something else. judging someone based on x is human nature. we judge all the time every day.

like people said, a high score doesnt define the skill of a player due to boosts. thats why you look up how often someone runs a dungeon and what +.

m+ is a competitive environment and not a huddly cuddly group trying to ace a dungeon for some easy loot. wanting the wow player base united is just a romantic, naive view on things imo.

even with rio gone, as m+ is competitive by nature, people will ALWAYS find a way to judge someone. whether its gear or achievements or whatever. so this whole discussion is rather pointless.

there are ways to circumvent rio. like guilds, discord groups, friends etc. there are plenty of choices you just need to pick your poison and go with it.

if rio wouldnt exist, people would still be elitests because of x. removing rio doesnt solve the problem.

You never know what others can do with their money :smiley: Yesterday i saw an enchantment effect in the BMAH Crhonos was sold over 3 mills :smiley: sooo.
And btw in legion i aonly did m+15 once and then i just didnt bothered my self to going up for higer, soo you cant realy tell who is boosted and who is not by the result of what level of keys he hase in the data.

Thats why you check how many MYTHIC DUNGEON RUNS they have done in the 15/20+ bracket.

1 Like

But it’s definitely a grey zone here. While I had no problems applying with my characters before, I can absolutely see the issues with the system: Newcomers will have it hard and as far as I can tell, you will be forced into a guild because no one would accept a random through the party search engine.

In other words, you have to use the established system outside the game which in return is not part of the game experience.

2 Likes

Well we all seen what happens when palyers are united in the past didnt we? :slight_smile:
Dont call me naive :’( it hurts my feeling. i want to believe in our palyer base. even if they have diferent point of view or experiance.
for the rest of your post i knwo its competative, but when when a new guy come into the game with competative spirit would you rather illiminate those ambitions so you would utterly destroy that player ambition to get into the fun wich will be loyal to you? or you place that player below you wing? :slight_smile:

1 Like

deleting M+ from the game is the only salvation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dont wanna be ‘that guy’ but why not post this on a main, would be easier to decide what kind of player is creating this thread. It also might make taking this slightly serious a bit easier for us

Honestly it dosent matter if posts on hes alt or its main, the point was made in the thread. Chaarcters are not difes us who are we in real life or telling us what kind of perosn we are.
I cana ct nicely if i want but i can be brutaly and utterly destructive as well. It dosent matter what character you use to make a thread it the thread topic is the important thing that matters in this case. well at least i think :smiley:
And btw this is my alt too :smiley:

1 Like

And lose a major part of the playerbase. No thank you.

Every new M+ season the requirements for M+ are upped by the community and this “is” to compensate for the difficulty increase.
I would expect a M+ player who does 15s-18s as the OP suggests would be aware off.

Those requirements can be ilvl or rio score in the new season.
I literally saw: 1k rio score from s4 needed on the wednesday evening, which is for sure possible but only if you ran keys the whole day or atleast the afternoon.
Same with the ilvl, 450 ilvl needed for +8s and up, even tho many players (me included on 2 chars) were around 440-445 ilvl max on wednesday night.
Or the s3 rio score is “enough” but mostly with a really high threshold due to the new season.

This is simply part of the new season and how we deal with it. Next reset pugging HC Nyalotha will already require Nzoth kill on HC or Normal, which is silly by itself.

I really find it odd that OP isnt aware of all this, even tho his “high rio score and m+ participation in M+”

I think we will see a Blizzard adaption of rio in Shadowlands and probably with the help of an addon like rio to support it. (Simply because i feel that the Blizzard implementation isnt going to be stellar)

All the tips mentioned so far are also great:

• Make your own group
  • Play a few lowers keys to gain some base score for s4
  • Find people you want to play with through guilds / forums / battle.net friends
  • Join the M+ discord

And i forgot somethings most likely, but you will manage to do your keys anyway.

Normally it doesnt matter, i agree. However in this case, since threads like these are popping up legt right and center, it does matter, mostly to determine in which category OP falls. Is he one of the i have 200 rio and am entitled to a +15 players, or is he maybe one of the rare people who actually had a good score and dont like rio?
So it doesnt matter in other cases, but imo in this case it does

Honestly i dont realy mind it at all. as you can see with this character i bearly even touched M+ :smiley: some times im not tinto that , but back in legion i was obsessed with m+ :smiley: i dont know maybe im burned out :smiley:

Banning rio won’t help you find spot in pugs, because without option to filter chaff out there won’t be any pug.

WoW is basically Second Life for a large portion of players, so it’s no surprise it requires a resumé and and an interview at this point.

That’s why I don’t bother with that fluff. I’m a freelancer and I’ll be here for independent contact work only.

1 Like

Most people running low keys don’t tend to even check your rio though?

I get instant invites whenever they do though :thinking:

HOW DARE THEY SEE STATS ON ME BEING BAD AT THE GAME?!
^this is you ape, posting on alt char as well coz you know it’s true