Block Raider IO from your game

would literally only make the game better and one step closer to glory days once again : - )

And…what are those? “Raid or die” era?
No ty. I don’t miss the times to log in only 3x times per week to raid cause that was the only end-game(besides high ranking pvp).

1 Like

You know how in vanilla UBRS groups were made ? Already in very start of game …

“Meet me front IF bank for inspection” So people have ALWAYS in this game wanted to look at who are the people they invite to their group. Armory was fan service more than else.

it is not developer caused behaviour, it has always been player behaviour.

Then in WoTLK we got gearscore, which resulted Blizzard making ilevels visible for all and give us generic official ilevel on character screen.

RIO is just summary of relevant statstics for M+. the problem is not RIO, but people 1st putting blame on something else than themselves if they cannot do something they feel they should have. I, personally, have no idea what my RIO these days is. I do not have such add-on in-game. So no, I am not one of those RIO-based players, but if you visit their website, it really isn’t nothing else than fancier armoury. And summary in-game lets you just estimate more quickly what the player has done regarding dungeons.

And forming own groups was option in Vanilla, is on BfA.

Hitting the nail on the head here. Some just fail to interpret the given data correctly. Some even think that high ilvl makes you a good player. Hide ilvl please!

As you perfectly stated, rio is not the issue. So removing it would make no sense at all.

Don’t need rio if you don’t pug, 2 problems solved at once.

I believe to read raider IO correctly you should visit their website, or does the addon also show ‘completed runs in time’ summary ? In website you can see very well if people do weekly, are boosted, are pushing, or are actually boosters themselves.

I find raw score without context same useless as ilevels. I never had gearscore installed either, I always asked people instead silly questions like “what is your average damage” because needed to have certain amount of dps for some bosses in hc ICC pugs :stuck_out_tongue:

Per bracket even^^
(Something like ‘key under 10’, ‘10-14’, ‘15+’ with the amount of runs completed behind it)

Example (last season info)

If you are getting applicants for a specific dungeon it will also show their best run in that dungeon.

Oh this is good then. Least for those, who are willing to look at more than just number. Although admitted. One of the worst healers I’ve ever had in my 15 run in S3 was a guildie of mine, who does weekly 20s. He just is so ‘fixed’ into this ideal 2DH+Mage, and monk tank comp that any deviation from that and he was all-confused.

Seen this happen also with a tank that has high M+ experience, but lacks skill to downgrade their pulls and routes if party is not their ‘main team’.

High RIO does not equal =best player; same like not all Mytic EP clearers were THAT good players (yes, I have some old time friends who have cleared the place and still can die to fire as next guy). however here we have statistical probability coming to play.

… in other words just fancy armory! We have always been able to pick people we want to party with. In Vanilla and so on we inspected people visually in-game, now we use external armories like these.

1 Like

Lol, adding stuff to suit different playstyles is a no-go then?

Lets also go back to the time of nintendo 64 and stuff just because you want to relive the old “glory days”

WoW lacked a feature that was challenging for smaller groups / just a few friends that play.
You could either raid or play pvp and there was no other challenge.

I do believe that M+ did fill in that slot to some extent, yes it isnt perfect but atleast me and my friends get to do challenging content.

Or you just ask, like I did with my current guild, and we are regurally clearing heroic. lol.

yeah its bad when ur bad

1 Like

What are you queueing for? If you’re queueing for 10s, then that’s equivalent to S3 14-15, which you qualify for with 1.5k, but are not competitive in that bracket.

If you’re queueing 5-6s like everyone else then you’re also kinda out of luck, cause i have made probably 10-15 groups this week for 6-9 keys (spamming mechagon) and in 2 minutes i will have at least 10 players with 450 and 1.5k+ most of the times 5 with 1.8k+, so why in the hell would i choose you?

It’s not about people asking too much for the sake of carrying, they are asking for the best they can easily get and that is just rational behaviour.

Also RIO doesn’t access your game data. It literally just takes the data from your armory, which is puplic, and then it organizes it and makes it easy to see accomplishments and even gives a number that pretty quickly shows what level you have performed at.
If you remove RIO, then the process is gonna be much more tedious, but it will still happen, people will never stop finding ways to get the best players, no system is gonna favour you if you’re not already favoured.

Another option if it was removed could be using logs to upload runs and then it will just take it from there, you can’t stop players from uploading information about themselves to a website that then organizes that, and that will just be even worse for casuals since they won’t log their things and they will have nothing to show.

1 Like

Are you Salty Puny? :grinning:

1 Like

That is indeed my title of choice :salt:

1 Like

see, that io put you in that mind set, why the hell choose me when that 2k io player can take my place

what an awful, faulty and imperfect system

what do you mean?? you would take someone with curve over someone without curve for raid in a heartbeat, why would it not be the same for M+?

M+ has even less incentive to not take best player cause there’s less spots and you’re punished way more for failing, so it’s natural that people want the best they can get to minimize failure rate.

there is a different

unlike curve, in mythic+ i have my score 1500, everyone able to see it and I’m applying for keys that i’m more than qualified for

i’m not applying for keys without experience or score that can’t back me up

by that you mean only take players who are the best of the best and ignore the rest regardless of their capabilities

that logic doesn’t work in games

but IO is what causes that issue and diversity

If a guild required you to do that than that guild was very obviously far too big for your shoes. However, I have a sneaky suspicion you just have some kind of bias against guilds in general and a notion that the entire affair is just for sweaty nerds and you only know about being in one from stuff you read on the internet.

You don’t need to join a cutting edge guild just to do some M+ every now and again. There’s plenty of guilds that have people more than capable of running mid-high keys that just take in anyone that isn’t a douchebag.

No, by that he means that if fifteen different dps sign up with 440 ilvl/1500 io, and one dps signs up with 455 ilvl and 2000 io score, the logical thing to do is to take the latter. Or if you have an equally geared and scored paladin, warrior and rogue sign up to do Tol Dagor, the logical thing to do is take the latter.

This is not a hard concept. People want good players in their groups so they invite whoever looks the best from the applicants they get. That’s it. There is no conspiracy or segregation or racism going on here. You may have perfectly servicable ‘capabilities’, but if it happens that someone who looks more capable comes along, they’re the one that’s getting picked. You aren’t entitled to group spots just for showing up.