Blood Elf Golden Eye Flashlights - WHY

Hello, today I logged in to check out new patch and the first thing I saw when selecting my main (blood elf) is that suddenly her eyes got this annoying light around them. Something I always hated about many races were these stupid glows on eyes. It looks like somebody shoved flashligts into their eyesockets.

It reminds me of one Legion change (I think it was 7.2, not sure) where size of one-handed weapons on female blood elf was increased. A change that ruined the transmog I had at that time and now keeps me from making many cool tmogs (like a pirate one I wanted to make) because those one handed weapons have the size of 2-handed ones which, in my opinion, is ridiculous.

Now, I really did appreciate when you added these golden eyes to the game. I really did love them. But why ruin them 2 patches later? There was nothing wrong with them before. Not only that, but the glow on these new eyes looks really weird. Not like the eyes were glowing but more like there was some small ball of light right in front of them. So why instead of replacing the ones from 8.0, why not add the flashlight ones as new option (because I understand that maybe some people like them)?

I know it’s a small change and it might seem ridiculous that I complain about it but why make changes that make things in the game worse? Why do you ruin so much cool stuff that you give us? Because to me it seems like it’s a common thing in this expansion.

9 Likes

I want glowy eyes, give me them. :frowning:

1 Like

My Fem Belf Hpally just got more infused with the light. Can’t complain :star_struck:

2 Likes

I only have the green eyes and they look just the same to me today. So if it annoys you maybe switch to the green. Just a thought.

Blood elves were a mistake

2 Likes

I’m stuck in the dark but you’re my flashlight
(You’re my flashlight)
You’re getting me, getting me through the night
'Cause you’re my flashlight
'Cause you’re my flashlight
You’re my flashlight

Sorry couldn’t resist :wink:

4 Likes

I think its ammoooossing

2 Likes

Just as u were.

3 Likes

Jog on kitty!

More often than not, we are seeing more and more “flashy” effects in the game. Spells, appearances, looks. I can relate to what you describe, Ozirisa, it´s frustrating. All you can do is make a suggestion in game to revert it. Or a bug report, hoping that it might not be “on purpose”.

1 Like

Must be really difficult for Blood Elves to sleep with the sun in their eyes.

Thank God Demon Hunters get a blindfold so we don’t have to walk around imitating a Christmas tree.

2 Likes

They were just fine as most things blizzard likes to “fix”…

Ended up dropping Belves after they broke the weapon sizes.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m specifically interested in the golden eyes as this shade of yellow is my favourite color and they are what made me decide to switch my main back from Nightborne to Blood Elf :slight_smile:

Hey, thank you for the suggestion too, I’ll make sure to do that! I must say that I usually like flashy things in the game, for example new warlock animations. Destro spells are really beautiful in BfA but imo it just looks really wrong in eyes. They just don’t seem like a good place to be putting all those lights on.

Oh yeah, take your blindfold off and your eyes will be even flashier. Also, with all the Demon Hunters revealing their fel tattoos or what not they look much more like a Christmas Tree with the lamps/chains :smiley:

3 Likes

I am not a fan of the ‘golden’ eye look so have stuck with the green. I just don’t like them at all. This does not sound like an improvement but I’ve not tried them since the update.

yeah just another undocumented change.

I already found the golden eyes kind of ugly, somehow they made them even worse. Can’t imagine anyone liking the new glow…

https://gyazo.com/c0b319175eaae0224c37bdff0991fb4d
durrrrr

Just had a look. I think it’s a graphical bug; they dont cover the whole of the eye now.

Can’t they make the actual Eye glow, like Lightforged and normal Draenei, instead of putting a gloweffect infront of the Eye? Looks so ridiculous, especially if you look at them from the side.
Eye -> gap of 1 cm -> glow.
Same for Undead, Dark Iron, V11 and N11.
Something i always disliked before, now even worse.
Nightborne are “acceptable”.

It’s yellow eyes really, I just don’t like the colour. Blue would be nice.

2 Likes

Sorry, not that my comment will matter any better, but how does what you like/dislike address the OP’s concern in the slightest rofl ?