Blood elves and their knowledge about fel magic

So, are we talking about Quel’dorei or Sin’dorei?

Last time I checked, the High Elves weren’t truly relevant?

No need to play with words. Sin’dorei are obviously less numerous since the Scourge ravaged Quel’thalas and some Quel’dorei chose to leave, but this change has affected all Blood Elven groups the same way.

You’re taking Lady Liadrin’s case to make a general statement about all Blood Elven priests when nothing suggest that they all thought that the Light had failed them. They don’t even pray to the Light to begin with.

Anyway, nothing in the lore suggests an imbalance in the numbers of paladins and priests in the Sin’dorei society. So no, saying that the priests are attached to the Blood Knights doesn’t make sense

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Priest_races#Blood_elf_priests

As such, blood elf priests were “directly” defying The Light, “taking” it instead of being granted to wield its powers. M’uru was however later kidnapped again, and the Sunwell has been restored. Blood elf priests are thus likely once more deriving their powers from their original source.

I go off this. It’s very similiar to the Blood Knights.

Except we have only seen Silvermoon Priests active in 3 instances. 1, during TBC with the Blood Elf Shadow Priest using mind control and on the Broken Shore. The last time we see them is in the Priest Order Hall.

When in battle, the main section of current Quel’Thalas society are:
Magisters (Mages)
Farstriders (Hunters)
Blood Knights (Paladins.)

These are all we saw - basically ever since WoTLK to present.

The others just slot in, where appropriate, but nowhere near as big as the Blood Elf Mages, Hunters and Paladins.
Blood Elven Priests gel with Blood Elven Paladins
Blood Elven Warlocks gel with Blood Elven Mages
Blood Elven Warriors and Rogues gel with Blood Elven Hunters

Maybe little high elf priests…might get something…I don’t truly care… :woman_shrugging:

Based on the short story written about Liadrin and how she created the Blood Knights.

Like I said, we’ve seen them before in Warcraft 3 helping Arthas. They’re even mentioned in the novel « Arthas : rise of the Lich King ».

It’s pretty obvious :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes - as High Elves, before the whole “Blood Knight” thing.
It doesn’t shock me that we hardly see Silvermoon Priests anymore…

Just like in Suramar, Isle of Thunder, Arathi and Nazmir. The core forces of Quel’Thalas are Paladins, Mages and Hunters.

Considering it’s part of the lore…yeah, funny how that works…
Just like the short story where Lor’themar was threatened by the High Elf Exiles and then blackmailed by Sylvanas. :woman_shrugging:

Obviously, Blood Elven priests couldn’t be shown in WoW before TBC, which means they were shown at the same time as paladins and Quel’thalas itself. I don’t know what point you’re trying to make with this « never seen before the Blood Knights » thing but it doesn’t stand.

Considering it comes from a short story containing a major inconsistency about what Quel’dorei and Sin’dorei stand for and pray to, it’s not reliable enough in my book :woman_shrugging:

Because your wanting to talk about High Elves, whilst I’m here talking about Blood Elves.

I don’t care about what was for High Elves. I care about what is, for Blood Elves.

Playing with words again. Blood Elven priests weren’t created anew when the split with High Elves happened. If you don’t know just say that and save us both time

Except everything about them and their faith, as stated in the lore reference above, states that they went through changes. We could see the changes since we had 1 priest using mind control on the populace that spoke out against the alliance with Sylvanas.

Now, point out to me, where we see a large force of blood elf priests, in WoW which is current with Silvermoon.

Going through changes pretty much confirms that they have been active and important in their society before Arthas defiled the Sunwell with death magic. The ones who went through a change of faith are Liadrin and the newly created paladins who followed her, not the priests as a whole

So, explain Priest Kath’mar.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Priest_Kath%27mar

Are you still under the impression that Blood Elf Priests were operating in the same way, as they did before the Third War?

I’m saying that their faith in the Sunwell hasn’t changed. I know that my English isn’t perfect, so just quote the passages of my comments that aren’t clear to you apparently

But it’s not faith in the Sunwell.
It was faith in the Light.

The Sunwell is a child well from Azshara’s Well of Eternity in Zin-Azshari. Before the fall, it was an Arcane fount of power.
It was only at the end of TBC, did it became part Light / part Arcane. This is what I mean, when Quel’Thalas Priests and Paladins alike, now put their faith in the Light.

And that is still not true that Blood Elven priests pray to the Light. The difference now is that the Sunwell’s nature has changed, and that Blood Elven priests can use the Light as well as the Arcane (Sun magic might exist but hasn’t been developed in the lore yet). That doesn’t change the fact that they still pray to the Sunwell. They’d say « for the Light » and not « for the Sunwell » if it was the case.

Paladins are the ones who have been using the Light since Kael’thas sent them M’uru. They changed their approach when Liadrin was shown by the Draenei that her ways were wrong and she was the one who started worshipping the Light. She has no authority on Blood Elven priests anymore, what she believes in has no reason to affect Blood Elven priests’ beliefs.

All Priests of the Light say “for the Light.”
And Night Elf Priests can use Light as well as Arcane - it’s nothing new.

And she now holds faith in the Light.
I mean, look at WoD - a girl asked about Blood Elves in WoD and Metzen told her that we’d be looking at Blood Elves and their faith in the Light and guess what…no Priests. All Paladins, Rangers (in the main) and Mages (fewer) again

I think, you want Blood Elves to be proper “High Elves” and go back to what they had, when they were Alliance units in W3.
As dear Garrosh (and indeed, Talanji) would say: Times change.

We need to get with the times and the fact is, whatever Silvermoon’s Priesthood is now - clearly not as big as it might have been. Hell, Silvermoon doesn’t even have a High Priest/ess anymore.

I’ll have to check that in game, because I haven’t seen any Blood Elven priest of the Light.

Never said it was, it is a new thing for the Sunwell :roll_eyes: And no matter which energies Night Elven priests us, they’re all priests of Elune and pray to her. The same way Blood Elven priests pray to the Sunwell.

No. What I want is for you to stop generalizing Blood Elven priests’ faith to Liadrin’s and the Blood Knights. These are two different, separate entities.

Well what’s the current Priesthood, because at present - it doesn’t even have a leader elect.

Do you ask the same question for all the classes that do not have a prominent leader?

Yes.

You don’t need to tell me:
Where are the Nightborne Priests?

I know Nightborne Priests aren’t big.

Make a new topic about it then, we have already strayed far from the main subject of this one.

And anyway, not having a prominent priest leader doesn’t mean that Liadrin has any authority on the priests of Quel’thalas since she left their order to become a warrior, and that before she created the Blood Knights. Whoever they answer to, it’s not her and it hasn’t been for a long while

I wouldn’t, their lore is basically nonexistent. I’m not interested in any sort of head canon to justify what the game doesn’t