Blood elves and their knowledge about fel magic

It doesn’t mean that she doesn’t have authority either.

And if they don’t answer to her, who do they answer to? Rommath? Their is no current Silvermoon elected leader of it’s Priesthood.

Your making points, and want me to answer your questions, but you never want to answer mine. You want to dodge the question. (Are you politician in disguise?) That’s not a constructive way to debate with somebody?

You started it, by wanting to talk about it.

You wanted this conversation to carry on.
Don’t worry though - Hellaynnea won’t go mad at us. We’re still talking about Blood Elves.

Alright. Illidan is gone so who do Demon Hunters answer to?

Why do you think that Blood Elven warlocks answer to Rommath specifically? Has he been elected as their leader?

Who do Blood Elven monks answer to? Can you name the trainer you remember randomly seeing?

That’s only for the Blood Elves, but the question can be asked for many classes among other races. That’s why I suggested creating a separate topic about it. But clumping things together seems to be your thing so we can do it here if you want :stuck_out_tongue:

The Slayer

They have nobody, but they learned their techniques through Rommath, who got them from Kael, who then got them Illidan.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Warlock_races#Blood_elf_warlocks

Grand Magister Rommath who was in Outland with Kael’thas, was sent back to Azeroth, spreading the teachings of Illidan. As the blood elves drew upon demonic energies it would make sense that the blood elves had warlocks summon and enslave demons which would be used to supply the blood elves with magic.

Pandaren Masters most likely, since no blood elf monks exist in the lore.

But it’s you who wants to talk about this. I never wanted to. Maybe - you create a thread if you feel passionately about Blood Elf Priests

Believe it or not, my alt main is a Blood Elf Priest, but I’m no fool. I’m not going to sit here and tell Hellaynnea that my Blood Elf Priest is a huge part of the current Quel’Thalas society, when she can come to me and say:
Right Leia - who is the leader of Silvermoon’s Priesthood?

That question, throws any argument I made, out of the window. She has more backing for Blood Elf Warlocks, with Rommath, than I do for Blood Elf Priests.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/argent-dawn/manarie

2 Likes

When has he been elected by the Demon Hunters?

Thank you. You’re making affirmations based on assumptions: your quote is full of « would » and these do not equal proven facts in the lore. I suggest that you rely less on Wowpedia and start reading source material instead

No name then?

As long as you don’t tell her that your priest’s leader is Liadrin it’s fine I guess :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

During the Demon Hunter Campaign.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Illidari

And for me, it’s “she” since my Demon Hunter is a female blood elf.

Well, when WoWpedia is the only stroke of lore we’ve got for the Blood Elf Warlocks…then, I think this is all we can rely on.
That and Shinfel Blightsworn - a Blood Elf affliction warlock with no lore, other than taking part in the Cho’gall raid encounter.

Why would their be a name, for a race/class combo that doesn’t even exist in the lore.

Hell, Draenei Monks possibly have more leg room, considering the Aucheani had Monks.

I don’t think it would be me, telling her that, somehow…
I think it would be the other way round, with a long description, but all she’d basically say to me is “look towards Liadrin and get on with it.”

Are you seriously taking the playing character as a leader for the future of this class? Why not do the same thing for basically every other class then?

When your source always employs ‘would, should,could’ and ‘ifs’, there’s no reason for me to consider it as proven facts.

Just like the rest, Shinfel is a possibility, not a character’s whose current position has been confirmed. She is more important to the warlock class as a whole than to the Blood Elves, she plays no big role for her own race. We’ll see if the lore and game devs remember her in the future.

Alright so you want a 2v1 based on Wowpedia approximations and your head canon. I’ll show myself out :v:

Because it’s in the lore…for the Demon Hunter specifically.
My Mage is just an “Archmage” which means nothing in the grand scheme.

The source in question for Blood Elf Warlocks confirms Blood Elf Warlocks and why they are playable.

Shinfel is a neutral character, who by comparison of Rommath, is a nobody.
Only those who are part of the race’s respective society are important.

I’d take the confirmation of him bringing the teachings of fel to the Elves, over your head canon over Shinfel.

Or, as I’d call it “lore you don’t like.”
People who don’t like certain aspects of the lore often drop the “head canon” argument.
Peace out.

1 Like

Then you have your answer: the Blood Elf priest playing character gets the High Priest title at the end of the Legion Campaign.

You’re the one who brought her up, and I basically said that she wasn’t important to Sin’dorei warlocks…

And what is “High Priest” when other characters also share that title? Tyrande, Ishanah, Liadrin as a High Elf.

It means nothing. Just like Archmage

And your questioning the only source we have for blood elf warlocks, which is about Rommath, bringing the teachings to Quel’Thalas…?

1 Like

I’ll leave when your buddy shows up, it’s still a doable 1v1 for now

Your source is a supposition, it still doesn’t prove anything

Who’d grant them anyway since they have no elect leader

I sourced the information.
I never said he was a Warlock. He brought the teachings to enable Warlock practice.

He is the only character within Quel’Thalas society who has had any relation to Silvermoon Warlocks.

anyway - I thought you were leaving?

Well what do you want?

Something that removes him from the Blood Elf Warlock story?

Something that doesn’t use the word « would » twice in a single sentence

So - you don’t want a source then?
How about we just remove blood elf warlocks from the race/class combo availability

Yeah sure, that’s a me problem

It’s confirmed in the lore.

Your just being obtuse.

Thought you said that he wasn’t an elected warlock leader though

He brought the teachings of Illidan and Kael’thas.

What are you not understanding?

I don’t understand why you want to equate the fact that he taught warlocks how to use fel magic to him being their leader since he’s not

He’s not their direct leader.
He’s the only notable character who has had any lore with the Silvermoon Warlocks, since they started.