Blood Elves in Nazmir

I know that (I mentioned it in my previous post), but what I wanted to say that they are much more into blood (Anima) in BfA. e.g. San’layn and Belves who want to become them, the creation of new blood golems in Nazmir… It wasn’t shown before if I am not mistaken.

I don’t mean that it is necessarily bad, just maybe foreshadowing of a different approach for this race from Blizzard side.

Nah, corruption is a myth. Control is everything. You could say same about warlocks.

In this case being a warlock is safer.

I really doubt that some random Blood Knights can handle it properly (especially when they are using Anima in Nazmir), when Blood elves discovered Anima and how to use it merely few years ago.

FTR - San’layn are technically Undead…

Blood Elves took that as their Racial identity due to the amount of blood shed during their fight to get into exile (IIRC).

Well, I doubt anima and blood (as in regular blood, one that’s coursing in veins of humanoids and beasts) are the same thing. If I remember correctly, Blood Mages adapted their magic to control the anima and shape it into blood golems like in Throne of Thunder.

San’layn are undead, very well preserved like Death Knights and Dark Rangers (probably because they were raised by stronger necromantic magics compared to forsaken or regular ghouls), but at the end of the day they are still undead. So I don’t think any Blood Elf would willingly die to become one.

True, creation of blood golems in Nazmir wasn’t shown before, but that’s because G’huun was still alive. Those incursions started after G’huun is killed, so that’s why Blood Elves have started to harvest his blood (anima?) and create blood golems in Nazmir just now.

Clearly a new beauty regime

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve thought that Anima goes alongside or is “created” from blood like fel magic by draining life from living creatures.

Yeah I know that, I just wanted to point out that there were apprentices (neophyts?) of San’layn in Alliance war campaign, which indicates that they were bolstering their ranks with fresh recruits and it seems that they joined them willingly, since San’layn could not have any other access to dead bodies of Thalassian elves and usually to be in such a good state they need to be raised soon after their death (so they couldn’t use wholly decayed bodies, which are just skeletons now)

I meant the creation of blood golems anywhere, not just in Nazmir. So I am not sure but e.g. those in Suramar campaign could still be those that were acquired from Lei Shen and not created by Blood elves themselves, so in Nazmir that might be the first time when Belves are trying to create them on their own?

While there wasn’t a clear information about origins those San’layn, I think Dreven and his group were part of the San’layn in Icecrown. Rokhan tells Talanji that they have no home and Sylvanas wanted to give them a chance in Horde, that might be referring to fall of the Scourge.

Besides I still doubt any Blood Elf, or actually, any living being would willingly accept dying and being raised as an undead.

I think it all depends on how big of the source of anima in Throne of Thunder was. There was a quest to collect the remnants of Dark Animus in Throne of Thunder, where players had to drain the anima to crystals and deliver those to Sunreavers. They’ve probably took any blood golems with them, but judging from that quest, they’ve most likely experimented and created new blood golems themselves too (at least off-screen) because they had those in Siege of Auchindoun and Suramar Campaign as well.

One in Nazmir is probably the only source of anima they’ve found since Isle of Thunder, so it’d only make sense for them to make use of it.

1 Like

I thought the Zandalari hated blood magic? Why are they suddenly cool with their allies using it? Is this somehow different?

Horde-aligned races conveniently forgetting their cultural morals when the story requires it is so frustrating.
:pensive:

2 Likes

What the Lok´tar is cooking ?:rofl:

We gave up on those ages ago. Kinda had to, remember…

They hate blood trolls, not blood magic. Otherwise they’d have every single blood DK lynched, executed and burned once they used their spell and abilities in Zandalar.

1 Like

Well, I was nearly 100 % certain that there were some indications that those San’layn neophytes are newly created, unfortunately I am not able to find the proof … I’ll have to go through the scenario once again on one of my alts.

looks like the blood elf warlock division is getting busy. Can leave all the bad stuff to the forsaken gotta grab some evil just for their own to show their not all light worshipping elves

Is it confirmed anywhere that Blood Death Knights use Blood Magic though? I’ve always just assumed that it was necromantic magic, just tied to blood. Just like Frost Death Knights aren’t Frost Mages in plate.

Blood Mages exist in lore. Like those quest givers in the Blasted Lands.

Blood Magic is defined as “tortured life magic”. It’s stepping on the boundaries of necromantic magic, but some of the blood magic spells also share similarities with fel magic too. I guess it’s quite open for interpretion.

They definitely do, and they predate WoW as well. Blood Mage was a (Blood Elf / High Elf) hero unit from Warcraft 3 & Frozen Throne.

forget about that, wasnt the number 3 button fun ? SMASH and they all get chocked by a tide and die…Me likey

all pointy ears need to die like this !!! oh wait …:open_mouth:

This is just Blood Magic, doesn’t apply soley to elfs.

I guess it’s just one of those two billion things not properly nailed down by Blizz lore yet…

Ah right, I’d forgotten about that… Haven’t played WC3 in at least 15 years…

More info from Blizzard would be appreciated, since they are using Blood magic quite frequently.

1 Like