Blue to Red: What to expect?

Can confirm that I am Perroy. It’s pretty based.

11 Likes

Why are you so upset about receiving replies :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

10 Likes

They call me Mister Ridicolous :sunglasses:

Edit: Under the guidance of my legal advisor “Morsteth”, I’ve added an emoji to represent just how sorry I am for party rocking

16 Likes

I know it matters not a single jot, but I’d be much more likely to be in favour of certain guilds and personalities and even contemplate joining up if there wasn’t such a constant, overwhelming spew of memerey.

It makes me feel older than I really am when I’m looking at posts “What the frack is this ‘redpilled’ and ‘based’ guff?” And making people feel twice there age is simply not on! D:

8 Likes

** ksst *

Yep

10 Likes

I don’t get it either. I guess that’s how the teenagers now talk in the UK?
Based and all. party rocks and dabs (am I doing it correctly?)

Eitherway, there’s plenty of big-ish blood elf guilds other than Highblood Myrmidons, such as Spire Division Zero for something Spire agent themed or Crimson Vanguard which are military-stuff, you can find them ingame in Silvermoon as I am not very familiar with them.
There’s also the Sun Hawks for AERIAL EPIC COMBAT that I recommend, Brigante is the man to talk to in that case.
There are plenty of Orc Warbands and Clan guilds, like the uhh, Orcs of the Red Blade, etc.
There are even Tauren Guilds, but I don’t know the names right now.

And like others said Rotgarde and the Hand of Agony are the two big Forsaken guilds, and I believe the Rotgarde is more strict military and Hand of Agony is also military, but, with more diverse roles? Correct me if I’m wrong.

5 Likes

and I believe the Rotgarde is more strict military and Hand of Agony is also military, but, with more diverse roles? Correct me if I’m wrong.

In terms of the Rotgarde, yes. We are, in really simple terms, a Forsaken military regiment. No gimmicks, just 100% loyal soldiers.

6 Likes

I am Hangart.

I am Hangart.

Lot of good advice on Guilds here already, so I’ll not repeat them, but as to what to expect…

Horde is by its very nature, a more militant organisation, and as such most guilds will have some martial element to them, if not actual military themselves, though obviously it is not all “War War War” and for many of the races, ‘military’ means something different from the aheh, regimented units on Alliance. That’s not a dig at the military guilds on Alliance by the way, I loved being in Footman, for one, just that the two Factions have slightly different ethos when it comes to what ‘military’ is. You tend to get a lot of interaction between Guilds, especially on campaigns, indeed, to quote a certain Warchief, Alliances are ‘Forged and Broken’ and power blocs rise and crumble and rise again.

Now from that you might expect a lot of in- fighting and rivalry, but I actually find it an interesting dynamic, where certain guilds forge a ‘rep’ for working with each other, and it seems like these power blocs exist to drive the common story along, not to claim to be ‘in charge’ or some ‘cool kids club’. That at least has been my perception in the 8 or 9 years I’ve played Horde.

You don’t -have- to be Guilded to get good RP on Horde, but on reflection it can help, and not for the reason that “You get snubbed if not in a Guild” I’ve honestly never come across that attitude on my Unguilded Horde toons. No, the reason it can help is that you start off with an already existing network.

Say for example a person joins the Sun Hawks. The Sun Hawks have worked extensively with the Rotgarde in the past, and cordial relations exist between the two units. We buy munitions from Gearfist IBS, so there is another link, We get on fine with the Hand of Conquest, Frozen Paw Clan, and many of the other Blood Elf Guilds, and Horde ones I haven’t mentioned. You know that as a random Sun Hawk you can walk up to RP’ers of those Guilds and -already- start off on a good footing for interaction.

Some of the networking is basically already done for you. The same is true on Alliance side, but as it is the smaller faction, Hordeside has a more condensed community, some characters and guilds are (in)famous in the Faction, it is a bit easier to make your mark, purely because it is a bit smaller.

The other reason Guilds help is that very few Horde guilds tend to just lounge in the Hubs 24/7, as I touched on earlier, they are a military society in the main, and have a lot of proactive people who will stage events for their guildies and others. (Alliance certainly has plenty of those as well, but I’m purely talking about why a Guild helps on Horde side). This often takes whole Guilds out of the Hubs for a week or so, before they return after achieving-or failing- whatever their mission was.

Now if lots of Guilds have missions coinciding, you can be a bit left out if a non Guilded person, not intentionally, but because of what the Guilds are doing.

Again, to use my own guild as an example (This is not a sales pitch, but obviously the only example I can authoritatively speak about) If your character turns up and is say, a Blood Elf Dragonhawk breeder. Well obviously you’re going to catch our attention, and it is highly likely you would quickly make firm friends and contacts with the unit. If you were a Military type, we would extend an offer to join up, but lets say for whatever reason you don’t want to, you want to stay independent.

That’s not going to change how we interact with you, you’re still “Oh yeah, the Dragonhawk person, cool to see you again, grab a drink”

But it means that next time the Sun Hawks are on a mission, suddenly your buddies aren’t in the Hub anymore, which means starting again and expanding your group of contacts. To an extent that’s good, but if -lots- of Guilds are attending say, an RP PvP campaign, than you can end up all “WHere the heck is everybody?”

I think that is why people say being in a Guild is the way to go, Hordeside, purely because it gives an initial boost into a set of social circles, and that even when there’s ‘nothing going on’ there’s always ‘something going on’ as much of an Oxymoron as that sounds.

Hubs, I’ll mostly reiterate what others have said, Orgrimmar’s Valley of Honour is good and busy, and now the Valley of Wisdom occasionally as well, with less martial occurrences, such as the Story Telling events (Which are really good for meeting random new acquaintances in a chilled environment).

Brill -used- to be good for Forsaken RP, but obviously the Alliance put a stop to that! heh heh.

Silvermoon is good. Generally I’d advise staying away from the Bazaar. Horde thankfully doesn’t really have a Goldshire, but its one of the first locations you reach in a city, and you do get some silliness. This said, the Oath of Silver operate out of the Wayfarers and bravely carry the torch of RP burning there (Keep the faith, it is the Light’s work that you do!) Most RP seems to be in the Eastern side of the city, but then this is much the same as with Stormwind, you don’t tend to expect RP in the Trade District for example.

Anyway, that was a ramble and a half, as I am want to do, but I hope you find something fun and enjoy Team Red! Good luck!

12 Likes

I eagerly awaited Brigantes post and I wasn’t disappointed. God damn it.

1 Like

You can expect based and redpilled RP. (Am I doing this right?)

Possibly the biggest choice won’t be where or even who you take the first step with, but more a case of ‘how’.

As a fresh to horde player (and because i’m going to assume you’re a clued up night elf type, and know your lore), the Horde Elven races are probably your best first option. Nightborne and Blood elves would likely be your best choice, as they’d feel more familiar and have lore/history which would be much more known to you. You could even RP an elf of either of those races that is very new to interacting with the ‘wider horde’, hence the not knowing much.

Also, In Brigante we trust. If you go Blood Elf, hit that gold haired Adonis up. Nightborne? Duskwatch outriders. Anything else, have a look around on stop-gap alts to get a feel before you make a dedicated toon.

Best of luck to you!

1 Like

If you’re new to horde to it might actually be a better idea to join on of the multiracial guilds out there. That way you can start off role-playing something you can start off being comfortable with and pick up tidbits of the other races and their lore through ic interactions.

1 Like

We are also military, nothing has changed about it and will most likely remain that way.

Thank you everyone for the insightful and detailed posts! This has been super helpful for me. I have roleplayed on Alliance almost my entire WoW life, and I’ve only roleplayed on Horde once. So this is quite a big change! Though I don’t plan on leaving the blue side entirely, I would like to focus only RP on Horde side. So this is quite exciting and fresh for me. I can honestly say my short time roleplaying on Horde was a good one, so I’m looking forward to giving it a better go and I hope I find my place amongst ya’!

I think all I need to do now is to pick my race and class, and try to seek out a guild to get involved in. One of the things I like most about Horde is the guild roleplay and that sense of community you get. Whilst there is that on blue side, I feel it more on red.

Looking forward to my move, and I can’t wait to get to know all of the new faces (to me at least!) and make some connections.

3 Likes

All I can give advice on is elves, and elf RP on the Horde side can be some of the best possible RP you can get in WoW. It can also be shockingly dire, but don’t let that put you off; we’re not all strange edgelords posing in the alleyways of Silvermoon, we’re proper elves that do elven things like laugh when a Forsaken’s arm drops off or an Orc struggles to read. It’s great fun.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.