Bm boring not fun

475 is kinda casual

2 Likes

The average player makes mistakes in their rotations? You don’t say, Sherlock.

1 Like

Then you’re doing it wrong :slight_smile:

Yet they claim the game is super easy and classes needs to be made harder

3 Likes

I think there are valid complaints regarding BM Hunter. You basically press 3 buttons: Cobra Shot, Barbed Shot and Kill Command. Compare that rotation with Feral Druid.

1 Like

If you want to look at it in a simplified version sure, but then feral isn’t anything other than Shred, Rake, Rip, And other finisher.

1 Like

If it’s so easy then why do people make so many mistakes with it? Maybe instead of complaining about how easy it is people should be looking at how to improve with the simple spec they have?

5 Likes

already have 4 120s hunters dont realy need a 5th :stuck_out_tongue:

MM is more fun then BM anyway …

1 Like

so treu way go

Then you’re doing it wrong :slight_smile:

not much to it fairness press it right time dont focus starve your self only

hard part deam pet refuse go u want to go but for rest simple

not much cen do wrong super super ez class retard as dh

1 Like

BM was almost always just as mobile but it also used to be waaaaaaay more fun.

2 Likes

haha i like that your my kind of girl/boy

1 Like

And how much DPS is that?

This is from a long time ago and it is no longer a thing. And since hunters can no longer KC out of LoS, relying on the pet for damage has just as much cons as it has pros. Not to mention pets are far squishier now than they used to.

A BM hunter needs to press his buttons to do damage, just like any other spec in the game - the pet alone won’t do sh*t. And this is how it should be.

Full stop. Period. End of discussion.

That said, I’m a ranged Survival at heart with MM being my second favorite though I’m deeply bored with the current iterations of every single hunter spec. BM is reliable but boring. And definitely NOT as simple as some people think because of Barbed Shot mechanics. In fact, it is arguably more complex than current MM…

2 Likes

KIll Command still accounts for most of the damage right? Damage coming from the pet. When the pet is unable to attack (through CC or pet pathing issues) BM Hunter hits like a wet noodle. I prefer the days when the damage between BM Hunter and pet was split 50-50. At least the Hunter could still do something when his pet was out of action for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Hm, Kill Shot is gone (but comes back in Shadowlands). I’m guessing you mean Kill Command.

Well, BM hunter does need the pet to do damage but the pet itself does minimal damage without the hunter. That’s not bad design imo, I think that’s how the spec should fundamentally work. If the pet does 50% of the damage or even more, that’s fine as long as the HUNTER is responsible for that damage and not white (auto-attack) pet damage. Kill Command makes up for much of the damage, yes, but it is the player pressing the button. If KC’s damage was bound to a shot instead, it would literally be the same thing without the fuss of micro-managing a pet that can also die or get CC’d. The spec’s fantasy revolves around the pet but I agree 50-50 would be a good balance. But even then, most of the 50% damage that would come from the pet should essentially come from the hunter (e.g through KC and/or other abilities that command the pet to do a special attack).

Anyway, people need to stop referring to the spec as if the pet does all the work. It’s just not true. It’s an old meme that’s gone far enough.

BM is a fairly easy spec to pick up but not as easy to master. And having your damage bound to a pet is a disadvantage, not an advantage. That is why BM hunters are mobile - to compensate for that. Not as mobile as they used to be but still mobile (referring to the old Aspect of the Cheetah which could be turned on to run 30% faster when needed and could be glyphed to remove the 4-sec daze).

And again, I very much DISLIKE BM’s current iteration. But facts are facts.

2 Likes

it’s not even arguable, in pve at least bm is way harder than MM

2 Likes

Had a chat about the difficulty of BM with friends the other day and I noticed I use around 30 keybinds to play the spec atm. Before I started it I had the idea it was supposed to be super easy but there are so many cool things you can do if you play it to its full potential, besides doing damage that is. I am definately not there yet but I am having a lot of fun learning all the tricks that the spec is capable of.

4 Likes

hardest for me on my BM hunter is to keep AoE on good level, if you accidentally drop your frenzy stacks in AoE then it’s over for your dps for that fight…

2 Likes

Right, exactly. At least the spec has that one complexity going for it. Plus, it retains some of its old utility.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind AoE dot tied to Multishot, like Serpent Spread for old survival though ^^

1 Like

BM is incredibly boring. It’s such a shame that it’s better than MM, but I’ll play MM regardless.
I do enjoy having 2 pets.
But I really miss MoP when we’d have more traps, blink strike / lynx rush, I miss stampede being really strong burst.

1 Like

Yes I meant Kill Command. Edited my post thanks.

1 Like