BM Hunters need to be redesigned and heavily nerfed until it happens

The fact they can DPS 100% while moving, have zero down time, while best single target damage in PVP, on top of 15 second feign death and 30 second cd trap + stun

Right now you could nerf BM Hunter damage by 20% over all and it would still OUT damage the majority of specs in the game.

BM Should have to stand still to cast like MM Does and need to have some serious redesigns in how its damage output is done

Do not get me wrong, Prots are annoying, rets one shot, WW one shot, Arms are insanely broken alongside Ele, SP and whatever other niche OP stuff you can bring up

But a Hunter is absolutely broken. They can feign death everything off themsevles every 15 seconds, While doing PVE rotation which is literally 3 buttons, topping DPS. BM needs to be toned down so heavily, IT NEEDS THE DEMO LOCK WOD TREATMENT. Survival is almost as bad but at least they have to be get into melee range at some point

21 Likes

BM hunter being able to do full PVE damage on you while back flipping/somersaulting is far more toxic than Shadowlands melee A/D seizure spam. Thatā€™s before we even look at their toolkit.

6 Likes

Or when he backpaddels away from u on 2.4 mmr is kinda fun.

Redesign is not happening.
BM is one of the most favored specs in the whole game.

Nerf BM and a good chunk of the players will outright quit, MM is not viable and whenever it is cloth users drop in 2 globals or the damage isnā€™t there.

Survival is melee so the option isnā€™t there.

I do get the frustration, but itā€™s not happening. :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you imagine just how much easier BM would have been to balance for PvP if they made it the melee one (like they should have) instead of Survival?

Now we have to deal with this dribble **** whenever itā€™s allowed to be viable. Big sad.

Wow, who would have guessed that all the fotm BM players play BM not because they like it but because itā€™s that strong and easy to play? Noone is going to miss them, bye.

3 Likes

how are unkitable mouthbreathing warriors, ww and dhs in any form or iteration better than bm hunter?

all can do dmg when just pressing w

donā€™t really get the hate train.
ALL specs are easy to play and have a 3 button rotation.

Before it was backbaddeling rets, then it was destros, then it was xyz, then it is bm

you guys never can decide what is the most braindead spec huh?

ww, bm, warrior, dh
all free rating in 2s. All of them are toxic to play again.
More news at 11

1 Like

Hey look guys! The hunter showed up :fishing_pole_and_fish:

3 Likes

Plenty of those are people who never played pvp, due to the fact that BM was undertuned for most of its existence.

That or they were stuck at way lower ratings.

A PvE class with 2 pets that requires pressing pve rotation and just by itā€™s mere existence counters a lot of otherwise viable comps should not exist in PvP. Hunter has other 2 viable specs that are fine (despite survival still being on the top of the food chain aswell). I will not miss BM after it gets gutted to the ground. Noone except BM fotm players will.
Literally over half of the games I had at 2k+ was vs BM hunters.

2 Likes

18 hunters top 100 2v2
5 wwā€™s top 100 2v2
5 warriors top 100 2v2
2 DH top 100 2v2

see a pattern?

9 Likes

Game shouldnā€™t be balanced around 2v2 tho

2 Likes

Iā€™m not defending the spec mind you, but it is what it is.
From a business standpoint itā€™s best to keep BM overtuned.
Literally anyone can pick it up and get duelist along with a resto druid nowadays.

I think everyone is united for once on this one buddy.

nothing bad, they deserve that anyway. or just delete/tune MS-effect. if he can give MS on range, then % of this MS should be lower (and uptime of this debuff. not the same, as the others similar effects), than Arms MS, as example, cuz itā€™s melee. simple logic that Blizzard lacks so much.
somewhere there must be pluses, somewhere minuses. but blizzard does not care, they calmly distribute to everyone -25% and do not even try to calibrate these numbers. this is one of the reasons why this game is deep in sh1t and will never be real eSport game.

Is it tho? Iā€™m kinda sick of losing against horrible hunters who are unable to cover their traps with hunters mark. Every 2s is Hunter x, every 3s is jungle. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if that made more people quit than actual hunter nerf since facing these mongo hunters is worst experience Iā€™ve had in while.

2 Likes

Its 3x as much i see it

Its so horrible in 2s btw when he missed every trap but out pumps u on 2.5 mmr its horrible

2 Likes

Lol best single target dmg in pvp. Are you smoking something?

To be fair, the whole gimmick of hunters since dawn of time has been that they can do max damage while moving from 40+ yards range. Thatā€™s their whole class thing, and I think it should stay that way.

Consequently, the whole point of BM is that it is supposed to deal mega oppressive damage. It lags behind in terms of defensives as a trade-off (like all hunter specs do on paper).

The overall damage this season is absolutely busted, so that is why also BM hunter stands out exponentially more obnoxious because itā€™s main kill condition- dealing mega oppressive damage 24/7 is the main way people get kills this season.

I wouldnā€™t change anything fundamental about their kit, Iā€™d just nerf the damage a bit, but thatā€™d go for most other specs as well.

Itā€™s the same thing with Arms and WW monk. WW is absolute equally if not more busted than BM is at the moment, as is arms, but both of the said specs, fundamentally, play solid and Iā€™d not change anything about them. Nerfing the damage is also the solution for them.

Whereas for classes like mage and rogue even if you nerfed their damage theyā€™d still have their utility which has made them viable since the dawn of this game, and the added training wheels on top of that. So youā€™d not fix them just by nerfing the damage.

Itā€™s also that there just is gonna be that really obnoxious top-dog spec no matter the season. Whether itā€™s warlock, warrior, or w/e class, doesnā€™t matter. Somebody needs to be at the spotlight sometimes, and that is the way it is now too.

Iā€™d nerf the damage so that kills donā€™t happen as quickly as they do atm (under a global sometimes with ww procs), but neither the pace we had in BFA. A kill window of 2-4 seconds seems reasonable.