Bonus rolls are gone in SL

Now this was unexpected. But I do think it plays into that they want loot to be rarer and more meaningful when getting it. I do think it may be somewhat counterweighted by the new weekly chest offering a choice between 3 items.

But yeah, we are oversaturated in loot no question. Though I think it may help making gearcrafting proffessions more relevant again, one can hope. Makes me feel good that I settled on Tailoring/Enchanting.

What would you bonus roll for ? there is no artifact power in SL .

33 Likes

So they remove a lot of the gold sinks, but at the same time remove a lot of gold income from old raids.

1 Like

I think it’s going to be a a big shock to the system initially and loot is going to seem so precious.

3 Likes

You bonus roll for loot. Less chance to get the gear you want from a specific boss.

NO,bonus roll was always rewarding AP.

4 Likes

Good change

14 Likes

This will mostly hurt raiding. But, they’re getting a guaranteed weekly chest loot.

So i guess in a way, It’s not going to be that bad.

But it’s a sacrifice i’m ok with. Less overall gear isn’t always bad.

1 Like

Maybe the loot tables would be smaller.

So? it could easilly give gold, or the new anima currency. Though it might possibly just give gold if you are capped out on anima for the week.

1 Like

This would at least remove the frustration getting AP or gold instead of an actual useful piece of gear.

But on the same time, would feel bad to not loot a damn item that I could have got using an extra roll.

They just couldn’t let us be too happy.
I hate it. I got my mythic nighthold transmog in legion almost entirely through bonus rolls, even when I outgeared it. This is going to be a blow for collectors as well, not just those who go for curve.

well techincaly it wont matter, yes you could get lucky and get 3 items from bonus roll, but normaly you got maby 1 if lucky, but if your guild/group, can kill 3 bosses you have one item for sure whit the new system, and combine that whit doing M+ and even pvp, you can get way more items, not 100% that is the case or if the more you do the better ilvl you get, but still, in the long run it will not realy matter.

Remember, legacy loot mode gives you loot equal to a full raid.

I’m not talking about legacy raids. I did it when it was current content.

especially first raid every tier
-6 rolls ( 2 x 2 weeks before heroic raid opens + 1 on the HC raid week + later that day after spending one )
its big imo

Bad change.

1 Like

Furyeclipser speaks the truth!

2 Likes

I just hope that then at least loot tables for raid bosses are better balanced.
Some raid bosses only have 2 items with mediocre stats for you (like the dog and drestagath in Nyalotha for most casters),
while bosses with good trinkets or weapons can have 5 other items in their loot table.

1 Like

I hope dungeons will offer at least some reward. In BFA they don’t feel rewarding at all: 1h of my time lost, my hand hurts, no items.

In WOTLK I had emblems, which I could farm and trade for gear, in BFA I get some Azerite which is meaningless, considering that there are lots of other less stressful sources where it can be obtained, and of course some Soulbound profession materials which mean nothing because I don’t want to grind up professions.