Boost spammers flooding trade chat

I seriously hope that I am not the only one who is fed up with this. I just got back into wow after several months break and I don’t ever recall trade chat being filled to the brim with people who spamming TRADE chat with boosts.

To be honest my issue isn’t that they are selling boosts. My issue is that there are typically 4 or 5 different groups, that each use 2 to 3 alts and SPAM trade chat with their boosting services. It’s practically impossible to see anything else.

Just report them / put them on ignore

I do
But it doesn’t help much. There is a cap on how many people you can ignore, and even then, it feels like it doesn’t help at all. It seems like all they do is delete their alt and make one with the same name and they are back. And talking about the ignore feature, why is it so limited? If i put someone on ignore on X character, what makes blizzard think I want to be able to see what they do on Y character? The ignore feature should just be improved so that if you put a player on your ignore list, it puts their entire account on your ignore list, so if they change to an alt, you still won’t see them. But no.

Just…Am I the only one who is SO tired of this? Can’t they make a brand new channel specifically for raid boosting services so trade can be used for actual trade?

6 Likes

You could always just download Badboy like many others did.

2 Likes

I got badboy and I added some phrases

wts mythic
wts key
wts +
wts horrific
selling
boost

Some of them even use $ instead of S, like $elling, to bypass the block. I was amazed. Then added the phares using $.

1 Like

I saw this too they be getting more desperate… but next thing you know gunna be typing like this… tho i kinda want to see it happen haha

Celling mittic pus boust, kum git’it, grate deel!

1 Like

^
Cannot stress enough on recommending this add-on. Regular updates to block regular spam from bots, so you’ll very rarely see them filtering through… and the words you filter out yourself to block out spam from players.

This add-on should’ve been integrated into WoW a long time ago…

Personally I have no idea why mandem are still looking at the trade chat in 2020.

1 Like

When we’re talking about badboy… has anyone a more complete list on words? It seems that the sellers are aware of it and try to avoid being caught by the addon.

Where would they otherwise offer the services? Trade chat has been a dead chat channel for two or more expansions at this point so just don’t join it at all if it bothers you and you will see no difference.

The improved AH put the final nail in the coffin. No one thats not conducting a sales experiment uses Trade for genuine item trading in 2020.

Been like this for years.

I turn trade chat off completely and forget it even exists.

RP-servers still have an on-going normal Trade Chat compared to normal servers. But on Draenor-EU it feels like you want to delete the client from your PC.

1 Like

They should just put an advertisement tab in group finder…

They should stop being parasites and that be the end of it.

Heeey, that is what I call them! :frowning:

But yeah, boosters are annoying parasites, especially when they’re spouting their spiel on level 1 characters. I guess they don’t have the cojones to post on their max level characters because they’re likely to get boo’d off of Trade Chat.

Selling a boost for in game gold is selling a service, a trade, they are using the correct channel (as annoying as it may seem). I realise with the changes in the game and the endlessly repeatable content boosting has really taken off and it’s prolific.

It is better they are spamming the trade channel than clogging up the LFM/LFD tool where we list the dungeons we want to find others for. There are still some that flout those rules but we can right click report those groups for advertising.

You can use addons like badboy and it’s various plug ins to clean up chat but unless everyone is doing that, it’s going to be very hard to have any meaningful conversations in there.

The problem is not that they are selling boosts, the problems is that they are using bots to flood the trade chat 24/7. Like seriously the chat cannot go on for five minutes at 4am without a bot spamming mythic boosts.

There are limitations in chat on how often you can post, if they made those higher I fear no one would be able to converse much at all.

Unless there is some way of breaking bots that auto post I don’t really know what they can do.

I see several bots advertising identical text, so I think they have that figured.

/leave trade

We could start a topic here and keep pushing it for everyone, so they know that there’s a remedy for the constant spams.

I understand you don’t like boosters, neither do I. But doesn’t ban “selling” in badboy defeat the whole purpose of the trade chat?