Boosting Communities are forbidden

Link to the NA thread since EU CMs are off-work most likely.

20 Likes

Its pinned on this forum also.

12 Likes

It bans all organized multi-realm boosting. Edit: but: it most probably will allow single guilds boosting people from other realms unless they ban cross realm raiding entirely, because you can’t differentiate advertising to other realms and being a famous guild that finds people automatically etc.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Here’s a problem I forsee though. Instead of 30 advertisers spamming trade on high pop realm you’ll now have 600 different groups spam because all these groups have gotten used to having this gold.

4 Likes

So many people won’t read this and will wake up tomorrow with a ban. I wonder how long their bans will be?

5 Likes

I’m hoping for a sizable chunk.
Also really hoping they do a good sweep on retail pvp ladder with the amount of wintrading/character selling going on lately.

9 Likes

They will most likely have a grace period where they issue warnings first, like they did when they made multiboxing via shared keystrokes forbidden 1½ year ago.

I welcome the change, however I don’t know how they will ever deal with this - I mean when they can’t handle bot reports how will they handle reports about guy Xyz advertising for boosts?

3 Likes

Some of these super big boosting communities were making millions of dollars, no wonder Blizz is putting end to it.

Although wow token was one of the more universal method to “cash out” gold, which was money for Blizz.

2 Likes

It’s more the number of ‘innocent’ players posting threads on here complaining about being banned I’m looking forward to.

4 Likes

We can only hope for revisions if blizzards goal is to crack down on the incessant spam if that happens

1 Like

11 Likes

Blizzard are… … … … … …listening???

3 Likes

Oh waw good job Blizz…i support you on this

2 Likes

best news i heard in a long time… a step in the right direction for once!

kudos for that.

7 Likes

They’re making it worse for everyone.

2 Likes

and i hope they ban them too.

7 Likes

All you people cheering Blizzzard for this change or even writing complete crap like “Blizzard is pushing people to get better” are either hypocrites or plain stupid.

Besides nothing going to change the situation we are in is Blizzard’s fault and Blizzard’s fault alone. All they do is fighting the effects of what they caused by making their game, almost two decades after its release, as alt-unfriendly as they possibly can.

The currency spam, the rating slavery, basicly nothing being account-wide etc etc. The grind you have to do again and again which every character, even if you did it with no matte how many chars already. Why would I want to do the same crap over and over again for every character? And although they pretent to listed they tend to do the opposite. Remeber the KSM change? Yeah right…

But for new players it’s even worse. And if you don’t believe, which I know you won’t, just watch what Asmongold and Venruki had to say here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eWmr6w0JjM

3 Likes

Why would it be worse?

1 Like

Good change - Thank you blizzard.

4 Likes