Boosting Communities are forbidden

the ones claiming its worse are the ones who make use of it or profit from it most likely

EDIT: its actually one massive step to making me play the game again… i hope they continue making these changes.

20 Likes

Something “we” have already brought up with Blizzard that this is what will be happening.

1 Like

Boosting wont disappear. Especially not on the bigger realms. Neither will advertisement.

1 Like

probably not but being able to ban them is a big thing.

2 Likes

You arent though. Lets say i advertise for my guild on tarren for buyers or gold from tarren and you report me your report is meaningless as im allowed to do it as written by Kaivax.

3 Likes

they should ban you right now for talking out in support for it honestly .

5 Likes

Cry me a river with your strawman. I have presented you what was written by Kaivax. Its not my problem you dont understand the blue post. What i have written is how it is right now as of this bluepost.

Boosting and advertising on your realm is not prohibited at all and obliges the same rules as of before the blue post.

4 Likes

Not actually. Doing this does not remove boosting. Which means that guilds and friends can still boost. Which means that the spam in trade chat will not stop. And probably the one in the group finder won’t either. In fact it will get worser. More people will form smaller groups or guilds to boost and spam even worser. Also we will have more scammers. Which means more tickets for blizzard. Which will make actual issues harder to solve since tickets are already slow enough to be resolved as they are. Also, people whom are high end raiders or who do m + will play even less and unsub. Which means way less people to do content with and make the game more dead. Especially on alliance side, since a lot of people moved to horde and will keep on going since blizz does not care to sort the issue until the alliance side will be completely dead. Blizz needs to stop listening to people who do not even play the game anymore or are just the vocal minority. They are making the game worser lately by ruining any fun that casuals have. But it will be their choice. They will have no one but themselves to blame when the game will be dead.

4 Likes

If they actually enforce this it would be the best change since the launch of BFA.

2 Likes

no strawman… and u use that term far to often to give it any credence …

you know you are int he wrong the fact u fight it still is idiocy.

1 Like

I advise you to read the blue post again. “This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency.” is precisely what Kaivax said.

And yes, you are using a strawman in a futile attempt to “disarm” my point. The point which is Blizzard official point of view on the matter.

And spare me your low tier trolling. It has become boring over a year already.

5 Likes

Just wondering, what do casuals get from boosting? Is it actually significant or is it just ‘i want aotc/ce achieve’?

1 Like

This is not just a step in the right direction…
This is a LEAP in the right direction!

best news I’ve heard about WoW in the last 3 years!

I do hope they go through with it and double down on it.

Boosting is cancerous to the game, it makes people feel obliged to buy it.

The main problem it causes is that is raises the the bar significantly for nearly everything in the game.

A +7 M+ now requires people with +10 experience, a +13 dungeon requires people with +15 experience etc, like wise in PVP and raiding.

This corners players that want to climb and discourages them to make effort because it feels like there are walls that are simply impossible to cross.

This is especially shown near popular boosting criteria such as +10 and +15 etc.

It causes a rift and shakes up the skill composition in the game, it makes meeting players feel like a dice roll, is this person a boosted player or are they someone who carved their way up honorably and earned their position.

Another huge aspect in what makes boosting a problem, is that is devalues many things and I don’t mean the " status " value, rather players no longer put value on things that are so readily available to everyone hence you see raids / m+ groups quickly disband over the simplest mistakes.

A good comparison is ICC in wotlk and the current raiding scene.

Back then, plenty of pugs would form to try and finish ICC, people were willing to spend hours upon hours and endure plenty of wipes just to traverse the raid, while nowadays raids collapse over 1 wipe, ironically I’ve seen teams where 13 out of 14 members are solid, and one member was someone who has bought a boost and this certain someone causes a wipe, got kicked by the raid lead in order to replace but the raid still disbanded.

4 Likes

i wondent think it is the casuals who are buying the boosts… casuals have no interest in that content to my knowledge

3 Likes

Depends. Many groups ask for Curve and while you can still get into groups that dont ask for it a quick boost gives you Curve. Which enlarges the amount of groups you can join even if there are groups that warcraftlogs check your character in case you were boosted.

As for CE its quite often also tied to a mount. So is curve for the last tier raid since WoD and Zovaal also seems to have one attached to him.

1 Like

well enjoy ur eventual ban it will happen sooner or later no doubt :).

now they took this step its a start just need to keep walking to wipe out the rest yourself included.

3 Likes

Not like i have any connections to get actual information that prevents grey zones or anything no no.

If a policy changes happens then its a different scenario.

As of right now, whether you like it or not, what i have stated is the reality right now and a fact.

3 Likes

So dead realms will be even more dead now?

2 Likes

I’m now selling 1 guided tour through mythic+ for X gold. I’m also selling flasks and I’ll help you double check that they work in a dungeon.

2 Likes
6 Likes