Boosting needs to go

You get boosts for 20 then try to do 21/22s.

I am a healer, I watch the party, it’s literally my job, while people are tunnel visioning mobs, I am watching you, I am watching you so I can pre empt dmg, for example if I know a tank is going to take a big hit, I might throw them a pain impression, if I know a DPS is about to let an interrupt through, I might use Dome.

And the amount of DD that I watch, that are so obviously boosted, it’s painful.

Boosting is BIG money, BIG, it’s like £120-£130 for 4 dungeons, do you know what the minimum wage in Bulgaria is? Or Belarus? Or other places? You can earn as much money as a doctor in those countries by running a few keys a day.

Blizzard needs to straight up ban boosting, I don’t understand why they are letting their game because World of Goldcraft instead of people playing and learning for their progression.

Why do people like Soul games so much? Because of the difficulty, the sense of accomplishment when you do something. WoW has a boomer population that makes more money than the average gamer as we are all in our 30s-50s so naturally most people don’t blink an eye when spending $30 for a raid boost vs doing it themselves, but then this hurts people who don’t boost because we are forced to pug with boosted people or we can’t find groups because less people run these groups because it’s easier to just buy a carry.

Just ban it, in LoL, people get banned or deranked if Riot investigates your account and has evidence that you clearly got boosted (for example going from silver to platinum in one day). Why is boosting legal in WoW?

1 Like

I don’t agree, a friend (I wont name) who dislikes M+ recently hit 2500 without touching a single 20, all they did was push their own keys.

I would expect people that do have a random 20 it would be more likely to be SBG as that’s far more forgiving and easier to time than say AV.

3 Likes

I think boost exists cause ppl buy from blizz token and they pay boosters who also pay blizz active sub so it’s a lot of money to throw it away.
So blizz say to you join a guild a community play with friends cause Timmy is a client with money.

Boosts existed long before the token though.

Just like in Classic now people just buy gold from third party sites, breaking ToS, like they did in the old days. Ofc there are people who are very good at making gold too.

2 Likes

My friend you must be gullible to think that people use WoW tokens to mainly pay for boosts.

Google : WoW gold

There are dozens of sites that boast about being 100% safe, some sites have been running ever since classic WoW, I know this because I used to frequent gaming cafees, and some people there would buy gold monthly. I still remember progressing on Garrosh heroic only to be laughed at by a friend who bought cutting edge.

Blizzard put the tokens as a lazy solution and to get in on the RMT being done.

2 Likes

It did cut down on the number of accounts being hacked after handing over their info to some third party sites.

1 Like

yeah i know there are sites that sell gold but its against ToS
I was talking about legit ways to have gold and spend them on boosting

• boosting is a virus for a game so reliant on rating and gear progression

hang in there boys, new MMO’s coming out soon

I am more wondering who doesn’t have some millions of gold after the 3 or 4 printing gold expansions.

Players more concerned into having fun and doing the activities they like ( PvP/M+/Raiding) Than farming or boosting.

I made about 450k gold this expansion start, spent about 330k on gearing/enchants/gems/crafting for my Warrior/Lock/Priest.

Sadly, all my effort in farming to become a phial crafter have been in vain and phial crafting is negative gold for me atm, so I’m stuck selling epic items from M+ for my repair/consumables.

1 Like

As i can see thats a problem in PvP, i dont see it as a huge problem in PvE. I never talked about PvP because it doesnt interrest me at all.

Boosting for real money is against the rules already.

It’s worse in PvE. The only reason it’s not talked about as much is because it doesn’t really affect you.

We saw this in Shadowlands when 1800 PvP gear was a quick/easy to gear up in PvE. All of the PvE boosting customers started buying 1800 and 2100 boosts.

PvEer’s buy more boosts than PvP players, it’s just not talking about as much because it’s not seen as taboo, vs in PvP if you tell any one you boosted your rating it’s embarrassing.

I don’t think the reaction is any different whether it’s PvP or PvE.

You’ve only got to look how people presume someone is boosted if they perform badly in a key. It can’t be that they had an off day. It must be because they are a ‘boosted ape’.

4 Likes

That’s the thing. If you pay with real money it’s illegal, if you pay with gold it’s fine.

That is the problem, so we know they can ban people for buying boosts with $$$, why not ban them for buying boosts with gold too?

They going to say I charge you 40 dollars per hour get my private coacher on discord.

Someone up there explained it to you…

paying in $$$ circumvents blizzard (and that’s a no go)
paying in gold doesnt (and thats a resounding yes for the quarterly shareholder report)

2 Likes

I wouldn’t - and I haven’t when people HAVE asked me for help with random stuff.

I don’t follow the logic?

The above is how it should be - less people have timed all 20’s than have 2550+ rio. How does this correlate or relate to boosting?

1 Like

Because if they were good enough they would keep going for 20s/21s/22s.

The fact is the top 1-2% of the player base is boosting the vast majority of players below. But as I said in my initial post, the boosts stop at 20 (go look at any boosting website, I can’t link it for obvious reasons), because the vault caps out at +20s. If the vault was +24 we’d see +24 boosts being sold.

Your comment above was incredibly rude, and also insinuating that you know anything about me or my level of income, I am just going to laugh at that one since if I even told you what my income is, you’d call me a liar for sure.

Dw when you eventually start doing 21s/22s (if even), you will see what I mean about how the vast majority of people at this level are obviously boosted. I’d say I see at least 1 boosted player in 70% of my pugs. There was a massive post on Reddit the other day about a Survival Hunter who hit over 3K IO and said the exact same thing, 1 in 7 runs fail and it’s usually because of 1 person (the boosted one).