Boosting needs to go

I’m one of these Timmies… I more than know how to interrupt, but it’s either the bystander effect (ehh, the tank will kick it anyways!) or this. I lost so many kicks because someone was 0.05 secs faster :sweat_smile: and with Ret, one even has a reason to interrupt, as it’s extra damage. (Or look at the Storm bolt stun. That too does some damage.)

Only way to not waste kicks is calling them out in voice. Thankfully they aren’t a biggie in lower keys :smile:

There’s an old meme for this.

Replace achieves with gear.

…which leads to this, and not all of us have pocket heals and tanks to rely on. Well… I more or less do, but as I’m a loner and because of my limited free time I just pug. And lower keys can be easily pugged. It’s rare timers below a 10 are missed as far as I’ve seen.

It’s like that for dps. This is a matter of supply and demand.

High supply, low demand for dps.
Low supply, high demand for tanks/heals.

The latter group, as well as keyholders, get to pick, and they are taken almost right away, unless they are really weak. And the weaker you are, the worse experience you’ll face :frowning_with_open_mouth:

For this exact reason I deleted all my dps only toons. As fancy as warlocks are, I’d rarely if ever get an inv unless I make my own groups.

I’ll show with a chart of sorts.

Watch the right chart here.

To translate it to WoW, the top 3 guys on the right are the best dps. The other 7 are the rest, and the women here would be the rare breed of tanks and heals.

It’s natural that due to the difficulty of endgame, you only want the best dps to have more chance to finish in time. And they won’t be running dungeons all day to give a shot to everyone, they too have lives, need sleep and whatnot.

So they get to pick who they want to run content with. If I listed a key, it would be FLOODED with dps, of which I easily spot the 1 tank that applies.

So most of the dps will struggle to find others to do content, unless the setup is randomized with RDF, which is okay till like +6, but beyond that you’d have a harder time as mechanics pile up and enemies become harder to defeat.

…and this pretty much proves my point. It’s not necessary realistic to determine skill caps but shows well the majority is average. Very few push upwards to KSH.

(It’s so weird to illustrate this problem with a hypergamy chart… but then I’ve always known it works like this. :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

No they wouldn’t. Myself and most of my friends stopped when we got the portals. We do a 21/22 when asked but otherwise we aren’t pushing.

Again, making up stuff to suit your narrative.

Funny how you get to lie through your teeth with made up stories and rank assumptions but me poking fun is “incredibly rude”. Get over yourself.

Oh wow, 20’s and 21’s. Heights I can only aspire too!!! Oh wait, done em. Check my achievements you condescending pleb.

Ticks all the boxes then. It was on the internet and you agreed with it - it must be true!!!

Imagine runs failing when people are reaching the limits of their capabilities. Actually, it makes perfect sense. Who’d have thought.

2 Likes

They are not failing their capabilities. They never had any to begin with. Blizzard gives DD players 0 responsibility until +20 and then they are surprised Pikachu faced when they keep bricking keys because:

They have no idea what to interrupt
They refuse to use stops because why waste a GCD on non-DPS skills right?
They don’t know when to use defensives (Healer problem kekw)
The only window in Details/Recount they know of is DPS (imagine if avoidable dmg taken was just as important)

Solution: Ban boosts so they are UNABLE to get vault gear or IO, WITHOUT learning basic dungeon and class mechanics.

I use OMNICD addon, I see Rogues dying to magic damage with Cloak up, I see people using kicks on filler spells instead of one shot aoe spells like the spiders poison in SWB. You telling me these people aren’t boosted?

You cannot teach people to play, but you can remove their ways to gear, which is boosting so they at least stay within their skill level

1 Like

To be honest, if you want to get rid of boosts, the only way Blizzard can do about boosting, is to update ToS and enroll boosting as prohibited activity - but that just wont happen because if someone would want to take a carry by boosters, they just cannot somehow forbid it to him. Did you think about it, why the boosting itself is actually in the game? Because there is a demand for it by players (and its just high according to numbers of boosters in the last years) - fully logically if there was no demand for boosting by players, the boosting itself would naturally just not exist in game. The only reason its is in game, is because of players/community and their demand (and as we can see, it affects a lot of things thereafter), theres literally no other reason

1 Like

You can not remove boosting. You never get groups with 100% the same skill levels full time. People also learn by doing higher keys than they are comfortable with. Keys will be untimed, a lot. This does not mean people are boosted. People are progressing. And nobody is a robot. Mistakes were made.

2 Likes

Okay I’ve got 2.7k Rio only with pugging, got after 2.5k i got a friend whose ret and we are doing dungeons together. Imo right now it’s the right mix between hard to get gear and difficulty. I have 418.75 ilvl and yeah slowly getting into +22 etc groups and so far it seems better then the low keys. That’s said I sure know how it feels having 70-80 interrupts while the next beat guy has 15… But if the others are worse, put in more of your skill

How can I change the forum to show my Pala?xD

thank blizzard for making 20 key the max chest for this ; 0 its literally meant to boost token sales to help their esport tryhards

Sure man. Its definetly because youre so good and superb, nothing to do with you playing a class that have 15 different intterupts which one of them is “aoe” …
Its like me on bursting week bragging about having 100+ dispells while healer have 15…You know…just put more of your own skill…

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

As I said, they just wont do it and they even cant if someone will want to get boost (because he is lame or noob for example), he can do it because it is not on the same level as regular cheating/bug exploiting etc to be forbidden in ToS. As I write it above, demand for boosting by community itself - thats where is the problem itself, nowhere else. If there will be no demand for boosting by players, there naturally wont be any offer, thats the basic principle/law of demand and offer… As we saw, boosting is just popular and it would be difficult for Blizzard to regularly ban it, because popular things is always hard to ban, especially something like this one thereafter

answer blizz allow this purely for good old american dollars or any other kind of cash it keeps the profits rolling in even with a world wide recession blizzard are making piles of cash , makes you wonder why they are selling out to microsoft

Just buy boost :rofl: :man_shrugging:

It gets better when you climb. It’s a long and frustrating grind but if you are truely better than your rating you will climb i’ve had some weeks where i’ve gained no rating and others when i gain alot ifs gonna come down to RNG especially on your rating where most people are very bad.
It’s usually a gamble either people who are trying to push and can barely do 20s cause of their inability to do damage /cc/ use defensives. Or you get someone with the exact same score who is a pumper who only runs his +20 for the weekly vault but is actually a mythic raider pumper.

Easy solution. Get rid of the token and deny any support to hacked accounts. So if you want to boost you get gold and buy shinies ingame but no sub or shop items. If you decide to sell the gold for money, you may lose your account to hackers.

Will solve the whole boosting business in a few months - not completely, but most of it.

WoW Token ㅤㅤ

To get 2550 rio, you’d need more than 18/19 keys timed, to get 2720 rio you need all 20 keys timed.

People generally want to do 20s to get the 421 ilvl item, so they will always seek to get a 20 key done, you can always see " 20 weekly " keys listed.

The jump in difficulty from 19 to 20 is not that big at all, since starting from +17 keys, most abilities start to one shot anyway, and the needed for proper cooldown management + coordinated CCs and speed to beat the timer show up way later.

However actually getting into a 20 key can be… a very daunting task especially if the player themselves haven’t timed any +20 key, buying a boost is very cheap especially with the abundance of gold from hoarding gold from the start of expansion, RMT and tokens, a big portion of the people will buy a boost to a +20 key.

That’s why you’ll see many players with +17/18s timed and an odd 20 key timed putting their score at the 2550 mark, like puny pointed out.

The jump from 18 > 19 is 7 rio points, so that friend puny linked would be 2545 in rio, if they timed all 19 keys, a +20 key would be needed to hit the cut off of 2561.4 rio.

A jump from top 10% to top 5% for 1 key level is definitely an indicator that some boosting is going on, especially since the leap from all 15s timed to all 20s timed is 17% of the players ( 22.4% all 15s, 5.4% all 20s ) it makes no sense that a 5% jump happened over 1 keystone level unless boosting is involved.

I couple this with the fact that in the boosting community I’ve been, there were about 5-20 runs a minute at busy times, and a run being ongoing 24/7 and that +20 awards the highest ilvl yeah I can safely atleast half of the top 10% is boosted.

Maybe I’m wrong or reading too much into it, but playing at those levels I can definitely tell when people keep dying to obvious mechanics like arcane lockdown on the CoS boss first boss.

1 Like

Of the general population how many do you believe there is that 1. Plays M+, 2. Pugs their keys, and 3. Does keys >+20? Maybe 1/3000 players? 1/5000? It’s such an edge case it should cause more rage IF they decide to waste resources on such a problem rather than on problems that are experienced by the mean

I don’t know if the gaming community want to get rid of boosters.
They exists everywere! All mmo’s got boosting and gold selling sites and even games like CS, Borderlands etc selling skins.
It’s a huge market and i believe no one wants to touch it cause in the end everyone involved get something.

I’m not saying no one buys boosts, I just don’t think it’s anywhere near as prolific as people make out.

My friend tried his first 20 last night and they timed it. I’m so pleased for him and he’s got his first teleport.

3 Likes

I am even on 2577 without any 20 timed (also didnt have a +20 shadowmoon or court key yet). This whole idea people are probably boosted is nonsense. 20’s are hard.

1 Like

I think it’s pretty harsh to assume that any dps that doesn’t interrupt or stun the correct spells is a boosted player. In fact it takes more than one run with a player to identifiy if he is boosted or not. A lot of my runs fail because of lack of communication and individual mistakes stacking up the death counter which results in someone leaving. I can’t remember a single run where i even thought that someone was boosted.

I agree however that boosting isn’t helping the overall situation but to be fair people want to raise their itemlevels just for the sake of having a higher itemlevel.
The issue however isn’t boosting itsself but the reason why people do it. You need 20s or mythic raids to obtain the highest itemlevel and those are the only 2 options people have. Gear progression is certainly a major system in WoW and people who are not interested in playing their character at a “higher” level are basically locked out from those itemlevel ranges.

2 Likes