Bots are mining 24/7

No they don’t even do that anymore. They used to send these automated in-game letters thanking us for reporting bots but now they don’t even do that anymore.

The only leg Blizzard have to stand on in defence of their lack of action is that retail being their main game that has more players is their priority - even though they should have an appropriate amount of resources for Classic also as many pay a sub fee just for Classic.

1 Like

I feel like a lot depends on the staff assigned to each realm. I had a great experience with report responsiveness back on Noggenfogger (in TBC at least), an OK experience on Firemaw and then when I moved to Gehennas it took 5 weeks of reporting a fishing bot before he disappeared. Never got an ingame mail from blizzard so I assume he just moved elsewhere instead of getting banned.

Money.

I kill them on sight and take the ores though, although there have been occasions where it seems bots mine from underground.

I had to open Scam ticket just to get reply from anyone in Blizzard (I report same bots for 2 months now, none of them were punished so far however):

"Thank you for your patience! Sorry about the wait, our office equipment is goblin made so explosions do happen!

It can indeed take some time for bots to be removed. We tend to gather a whole bunch of them and then ban them all in one big ban wave. That way we can catch more of them before they know we’re on to them. So if you make sure to keep reporting them then we’ll make sure to keep banning them. Thanks for helping out!"

How much time are we talking about? Years? Decades? Please…

1 Like

(Just letting Blizzard know that we’re not forgetting, as I checked and the Bots are still farming.)

That’s simple. Blizzard actually WANTS people to bot. More sub money, better sub numbers.
Purely criminal.
What could you expect from a company whose CEO harasses and threatens women anyway

So why not legitimise bots, if they are so good? Because all the common players would quit and GDKPer would have noone around to brag with their ilvl and BiS gear setup in empty Dalaran?

1 Like

Blizzard proved us all that despite their apparent denial of the problems, they listen and sometimes even take actions, yet this requires the community to be very vocal about a problem, but unfortunately, we see many Stockholmies around, that would kill you before they’d recognize there is a problem.

1 Like

They are still going, just reported multiple times yesterday.

How hard can it be, multiple reports, send a GM to badlands, it is very obvious, very obvious. Would take a fast 5 minutes.

1 Like

Im afraid all the customer service and GM where contracted out to the Vogons (hitchhikers guide tt he galaxy)

They will look into these so called bot sighting in due time

Mining is the favorite pastime of bots

Bump in case of Blizzard employees missed this.

They’re not gonna read it, but these threads need to stay at the top.

1 Like

There can be several reasons why it may take time to ban or suspend bots in online games like World of Warcraft:

Gathering evidence: Game moderators and anti-cheat systems need to collect enough evidence before taking action against a suspected bot or cheater. This can take time as they may need to review gameplay logs, monitor player behavior, and verify the legitimacy of reports from other players.

Identifying the bot: Bot makers often use sophisticated methods to make their bots appear more human-like, which can make it difficult for moderators to identify them. Additionally, bots can change their behavior patterns or use different names, which can further complicate the identification process.

Prioritizing resources: Game developers and moderators need to prioritize their resources and focus on the most egregious cases of cheating and botting. This means that less severe cases may take longer to address or may not be addressed at all.

Technical limitations: Some anti-cheat systems may have technical limitations that make it difficult to detect certain types of bots or cheats. Additionally, game servers may experience lag or other technical issues that can make it harder to detect and respond to bot behavior.

It’s important to remember that game developers and moderators are constantly working to improve their anti-cheat systems and respond to reports of botting and cheating. However, it can take time to develop and implement effective measures, and there will always be some level of botting and cheating in online games.

Park a GM at a bot hub, watch the players movements. Ban them. Simple as hell.

1 Like

While monitoring player movements and banning those who exhibit bot-like behavior can be effective, it may not be the most efficient or scalable solution, especially if the bot hub has a large number of players.

In addition, it’s important to ensure that the detection methods and criteria for identifying bots are accurate and fair. False positives can result in legitimate players being banned, which can harm the overall community and drive away players.

A more effective approach to combating bots would be to implement automated detection and moderation systems that can identify and remove bots in real-time. This could involve using machine learning algorithms to analyze player behavior and detect patterns consistent with bot activity.

It’s also important to consider the root causes of botting, such as the demand for in-game resources or the desire to cheat or gain an unfair advantage. Addressing these underlying issues can help reduce the incentive for botting and promote a healthier and more sustainable gaming ecosystem.

Yea no. It is super easy to find bots. Unless you are a complete monkey that can not see patterns.

Blizz dont have that and they prob never will. So it is a fantasy.

2 Likes

While identifying some bots may be straightforward, other bots may be designed to mimic human behavior and evade detection. In addition, bots can be constantly evolving and adapting to avoid detection methods, which can make it challenging for companies to keep up with them.

Blizzard and other game companies have a responsibility to ensure that their games are free from botting and cheating to create a fair and enjoyable gaming experience for all players. While no detection method may be perfect, game companies can use a combination of automated detection systems and manual review processes to identify and ban bots.

It’s also important for players to do their part by reporting any suspicious activity or behavior and avoiding the use of third-party software or services that promote cheating or botting. By working together, players and game companies can help combat botting and create a healthier and more enjoyable gaming ecosystem.