Botting. Stop banning start embracing?

Aah it’s nearly weekend!

1 Like

Auto-play?

Why would I pay a subscription to not play a game?

2 Likes

^^ read up guys 3-4 posts up

You make it sound like a bigger problem than it actually is. So the obvious answer is no.

i wonder whats the point of playing a game when u dont even try to do anything but use bots?
just wth is the point?

1 Like

The whole point of this thread is to cast light over how and in what amount players could come to a conclusion on how to either STOP botters for good OR implent em via Blizzard fully legal for your own customization.

Stopping a program like a bot could be that the world needed to change constantly (rocks on roads, roads moved while disabling flying, as some examples)

Or it could simply just be that making all OLD content irrelevant as it already is and make your own bots able to farm it as you like for whatever reasons you have. You can also just go with them or let your own avatar go with them while you sleep.

This would kill a transmog market which is already heavy influenced by gold sellers. Old mines / herbs / skins aswell.
End game here is to remove gold sellers completely or atleast going hard back on them and giving normal players tools to get stuff.

This game schould not focus on gold making/selling but about relevant content.

So adding in the future could be an expansion with these bots which can also contribute to massive gameplay with your friends and their bots.
Making content for that. Making it engaging and fun. Keep the relevant gameplay FUN.

This whole topic is to see the mentality of people and to see if they can get out of their cozy chairs and think about how the game could be and benefit all players in the end.

:slight_smile: but all this is what comes to my thoughts.

I scream everytime i see bots ingame. 15 years and they are still coming strong.

So why not find on new solutions?

If anyone got something else they can start posting ^^

I need to write at least 5 characters so I can post, but my only response is this: :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Thas multiboxing no?

1 Like

their paths was not circular bot with alot of corners :slight_smile:
Already explained if you read on ^^

lol whaaaat?:joy::joy:

The guy is looking for excuses so he doesn’t have to actually play the game.

He should check out mobile games, he would love them.

2 Likes

Use AI tech to play a game, so the ‘player’ doesn’t have to?..No thanks,
Blizz should totally crush botting… then crush botting some more.

3 Likes

:smile: arh guys keep it to the topic
I for one is for transmog farm but NOT account shared ^^ i like the idear of putting in time to look unique but thx for pointing me out :nerd_face:

I don’t support sending bots to do quests or run dungeons. What’s the point of calling it a game if it plays itself for you? At that point, the game is just a movie that you don’t even watch.
On the other hand though, I wouldn’t mind moving the crafting part of professions to the background.
Having your character to stand in place waiting for it to fill the crafting bar 100 times when you’re making embroidered deep sea satin isn’t very engaging content. In fact, You’re probably alt-tabbed doing something on the internet while your character does it in the background.
So what if there was a tailoring guild you could contract to do it for you? You’d simply order a tailor in Boralus to make embroidered deep sea satin 100 times and then craft some items from it while you could go do dungeons/raids/bgs/w/e. With this system, crafting wouldn’t have to take seconds because it wouldn’t require your in-game time. Making one satin could take 5 mins and stitching, let’s say, a robe could take 24 hours. When your items are finished, you’d pick them up from the guild like you do with the mission table.
That’s an idea of “botting” I wouldn’t mind.

1 Like

Great thread Jdouci thx ^^
I could see it as a feature :slight_smile:

Companions are not bots

\you’ll never completely stop people from using bots, there will always be a sector of any society that will want to cheat.

DDO has a system where you can hire minions to help you, you can even hire a complete group for dungeons. It’s a system that I suppose could work in WoW but knowing WoW devs they wouldn’t just copy a system like that, they’d tweak and change it so it became something different.

Using the argument that because there’s so many bits Blizz should make them legit is a bit like decriminalising knife murders because there are so many of them.

1st off i would never compare a game which can be played in different ways like u write DDO got/have, this is just pixels and engaging people. Comparing with knife murders in real life is just beyond my imagination.

But thx for your post ^^

I saw a multiboxing bot earlier today in Nazjatar, a whole bunch of night elf druids flying around collecting herbs.
Eh, costs them about the same amount in playing time, so they’re kinda biting themselves, unless they’re making illegal money trading out of it.

Multiboxing is not illegal ^^ the topic is about botting and auto play

Well yes, but as I said, it was a bot. Which is illegal.

1 Like