Botting. Stop banning start embracing?

? No. I have wrote that quite some times now

Was being sarcastic, it was a reference to the movie The Incredibles, you don’t solve crimes by making it so that everyone can commit them, which is your argument.

1 Like

No you solve crimes by closing those paths/ways that leads down to people committing a crime.

Before you could pay with cards you paid with cash. People walked right in the bank/stores and took it with force cause they needed it / wanted it. Moving to a Cash free society just makes people that needs something finding other ways to commit a crime. But that narrowes down and is getting rid of people committing one type of crime to another.

What i keep trying to say is that there is ways to close the roads that makes people commit a certain type of crime.

In this case it´s botting in WoW, farming for materials/gold/transmogs that other people “wants” and making huge profits. Powerleveling someones account. Automated botting for currency. Examples is many.
Reason they can do a variety of crime is not because they are committing a crime itself, but because some people demands a game like WoW to be cheaper/or items/services so they can buy gold/items off goldsellers and use real life currency to get it.

If this is incorrect then please correct me.

Reason there is goldsellers, is because WoW got a demand for lower/free cost of play. People with money wanting something they dont want to put in the time/effort to get themselves.

You do tear down a building cause it´s infected with mice.

Well u tear down the walls if it keeps getting infested. You make sure the foundation is impossibel for a mice to chew through. Then you build concrete walls that mice cant chew through.

Bot already in the game, called NPC-s.

So your gaming were already influenced the moment u started this game but np!

Agreed but one of those ways can’t be to make certain types of crimes legal, keep in mind you’re trying to close the road.

True. I want it closed. And i want to see Blizzard implent systems that makes its useless for goldsellers to look into WoW to trade for currency, using illegal programs/services.

I am open to look upon new things that can be implented and asking the readers to actually give a suggestion(s)

Make every game item BoP and not tradeable?
Remove gold currency?

My imagination is also limited ^^ so what else to do Canabel? Suggestions? Maybe you got the answer but just need to dig deep to find it?

Last i checked an NPC didnt go around selling ingame tokens for ½ price? :stuck_out_tongue:

So only consider “people” as bots of they spam the same exact message you posted?

1 Like

Golganar i am not going to comment any further ^^ if you want an argue and not a discussion about the very topic and its content, up till now i am going to pass.
Good evening ^^

You seriously need to stop acting like a lawyer to boting it creates a bad image for yourself it’s ok to try to stop them but it’s not ok to make suggestions how Blizz should support it like you mentioned in your posts don’t pretend you didn’t I have read this whole thread and it seems to me that your logic is if you can’t stop bots join them which the logic itself is flawed in your case.

Here we go again… Is this what happened to modern gamers? You buy the game for full price, then you buy sub…aaand then turn on auto-play? You pay so you wouldn’t play the game?!

P.S. those who call microtransactions time-savers, deserver personal cauldron in hell.

1 Like

You got my vote on this :clap::+1:. Preach the truth on what not to do.

Halicos
Yes. I am a bot fan if it means it will stop gold sellers doing their buisness after 15 years!

How it can be turned around to something fun, engaging, restricted could be quite interesting and imo still gives players a higher quality of gaming.
I want the walls torn down and i want every danm gold sellar to leave this game alone. Its an infestation.

Azuriida
No. Just no. As mentioned before i personally want my playtime to be meaningfull, engaging, fun and played literally by myself aka 1 keystroke 1 action

Then it is time to demand actualy content instead of idiotic ideas from mobile games

1 Like

Are you talking about vanilla or something? Because i have not seen spamming illegal Goldsellers in current wow itself since the introduction of WoW tokens

And how do you think botting will stop goldsellers? Do you know how goldsellers get their gold besides hacking accounts? With BOTS .

I dont see why you are still argueing for cheating to be allowed. Seriously who would want to play a game that plays itself without you having to do anything. Thats not a game , thats just a farming program.

Besides there already is a way around not botting. Its calling mutliboxxing. Control one characters and have how many you want other accounts automaticly copy that one. You only have to play one character yourself while the others move and follow you like bots.

If you want legal cheating , dont be lazy and multiboxx.

You are the type of person that would argue to allow aimbots in fps games. Games that play themselves are not games. They are not even entertainment anymore at that point

Seriously dude all your arguments in this posts are a joke

Atleast you are not hiding anymore than you are a bot fan that wants to use a bot but too afraid for the concequences

2 Likes

Basically what I understood and been trying to say this whole time.

Google uses a search algorithm that scans your search history. Ergo if you repeatedly search “benefits of botting” Google will try to find links to positive. articles. Same if you repeatedly search downsides.

And as for using Google or indeed any internet search engine… Allow me to use one of my anecdotes.

The internet has been a great tool for information, but a greater tool for misinformation

1 Like

Actually content.

Just going to quoto myself abit and then id like to add some stuff ^^

If companions was made that you could custom. Fully legally with a custom blizzard interface.
This is what they could do:

Old Content
Farm mobs/dungeons/areas - Places you dont want to go cause “Expansion XXX is the place to be”
If farming mobs the companions could have restrictions. No gold drops. No trash Drops. The only point would be to collect old transmogs for cosmetics.
They could have a lowered drop rate. And all gear that they can collect or do collect is only vendored for 1 copper.
Kicking it up abit. They could all be PVP enabled so when a player sees them he/she can engage on a reckless all out destruction. Companions can be tuned down so they are nerfed when playing against a real player.

Old Materials could also have restrictions so instead of a companion is example: collecting 7 herbs at a time the amount is reduced to 0.1 (1 herb would consist of 10 collected from a companion)

Companions could be used with a CD so when sending 1 to collect herbs that you need he will have a 1 hour session collecting a total of 70 herbs but have a 24 hour CD. Companions will be going in REAL TIME and if it dies (killed by a player or mobs) he will fail to collect more and still have a 24 hour CD.

Same with dungeons/areas where companions would farm for cosmetics. The companions you send would have do a 1 hour session and have a 24 hour CD. Have a lowered drop rate.

This is some examples how a transmog market which illegal botters uses now for old content where transmogs is farmed, sold on AH/vendored. Then traded tokens/gold for Real currency.

But thats not all
PvP
Since companions is enabled for PvP they can also follow a player into PvP events. Outdoor events/Battlegrounds/warfronts.

Outdoor PvP companions
Could be restricted so they are nerfed against players. Huge battles would take place. If a companion dies he/she got a 2 hour respawn. MAX 2 companions

BG´s
Depending on the BG´s
Could be restricted to 2-4 companions per player so in AV instead of the guards NPC´s. Players fills up the patrols/defenders/guards with their own Companions in premade slots on the map.

Warsong would be restricted to 0 bots and only players.

Only BG´s that have currently NPC´s would be able to use Player companions instead.
Blizzard could make new BG´s that could enable more ways to engage in PVP with both players and player bots (patrols/sieges)
The actually win conditions would still rely on the players and not the companions/npc´s

WARFRONT´s
Same as in BG´s
instead of NPC´s the players Bots could be enabled in premade slots via map for patrolling/defending/attacking
Restricted to their premade slots.
Still being the players that press for win conditions.

IN the Newest Expansion

Raids
Companions disabled

Dungeons
Companions disabled

New World Map
Companions disabled

Open world PvP area´s (Place´s where pvp events takes place)
Companions is restricted to 2

That is just some examples where companions can kill a “road” where people is botting for money.

Some automated gameplay could be that you set your own character to mill XXX amount of herbs while you sleep. Restricted to 1 mill per 5 mins.

Could also be that you wanted some fish to craft some fish soup for your raid tomorrow!
Player sits in a spot while he is logged off and fishes. restrcited to cast his fishline every 5 mins.
As it is going on in real time the player can get killed by Murlocs who randomly attacks fishermen. Player dies and failes to get more fish.

Imo Fishing/herbing/mining/gold farming is not - playing the game. It is not engaging a player and it is not fun. This is a new way to implent systems that gets you something and remove a market which is used for trading real currency.

Id like to have endgame content that blizzard comes up with that keeps a player interested and engaged. What that is and how that schould be made that is not up to me but i got some idears :wink:

Dunno what realm you on but on my realm(s) i both see bots and i see trade chat being spammed with both Ingame gold trades for services and random sites for gold selling AND people selling gold for money directly.
And yes. They all get a ticket.

I agree - remove multiboxing - remove /follow commands. But right now that is not the issue. Bots is.

And clearly again you dont have a clue ^^ you just write something you think and dont know.

Totally disagree - If that is what you get out of this whole post then you are misreading/understanding.

I can argue with you but cant discuss anything with you ^^ you have 1 point of view on things and dont have anything to add or constructive to say/write.

Yes? My google search actually shows me then tht i did the research that is a part of this whole post. :slight_smile:

The internet is the world´s biggest library - It´s just that all the books is on the floor

Yes. I know. That is why I typed what I did. Now it is clearly obvious you’ve done research into why you clearly believe, despite your claims to the contrary, that WoW should be a single player game with a huge botting part. I have seen scant if any at all research from you into why botting is not in WoWs interest. All you do is make easilly dismantled comparisons to already in place “gamebots” who’s sole purpose is to either complete missions from a table or to run around following you as a “guardian” which does nothing except attack what you are attacking. You protest your innocence too much while standing over a corpse holding a smoking gun over botting. It’s very clear to anyone with eyes what you want from this game.

1 Like

OYes i hope its clear how i want some parts of the game to change to remove some Mice/rats/infestation

I am also openly saying that if ANYONE got another idear they can start typing

So by your own logic, there is no problem to solve, as there have been NPC’s all along?

You haven’t thought this one through, did you?