Botting/Farm Operations

It’s pretty obvious that botters and farms have been harming this game for far too long. Anyway, I’ve been ganking people outside the SM entrance for a while now and the whole thing is bigger and more coordinated than I imagined. Now, you might give me some crap about ganking lowies, but that’s not the issue here, besides it’s a PvP server.

Not only is it a 24/7 operation to get characters to level 60 so they can sell them for real money, but they’re also using exploits. For example, some of them have found a way to open doors instantly, even when there’s no one on the other side. What’s even funnier is that they got so fed up with me disrupting their farm that they started whispering at me, insulting me and threatening to report me. Later, there was actually a whole bunch of characters standing next to my corpse, probably trying to mass report me (imgur. com/lNGAMJz).

By the way, I’m often insulted in what seems to be Iranian, which would explain how it’s possible that there are so many of them running this operation 24/7. Probably some hardcore extortion lol.

If Blizzard wants Classic Era/SoD to stay popular, they really should do something about it. It’s literally killing the game.

6 Likes

This isn’t anything new, been going on for years. It’s actually calmed down a bit over the past few months.

can you check today if there is any difference? apparently many popular bot programs were mass banned just now

Not all heroes wear capes.

I think players that use bots are the lowest of the low

2 Likes

Just in case you don’t believe or know how big these farming operations actually are, this happened today:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/oPCyN5357rM

Also was insulted in Iranian afterwords :rofl:

maraudon is worse. they’ve had the place on lockdown for months earning 1k gold/hr on 1 character. scumbags have their own mafia to collude and camp anyone trying to undercut them or if you don’t pay their team.