Brewfest has just ended early. TBC WowHead and most players expected October 6

Ladies and gentlemen, a real lesson was learned from the Midsummer event. The event that ended earlier than the launcher announcement stated. Blizzard learned that if you don’t announce it, no one can blame you for ending it early.

“But wait a second, they did announce it!” - Yes, they have a huge advertisement for it on their home page: https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/world-of-warcraft/23151441/bring-out-the-wolpertingers-brewfest-is-here

“So what’s the problem?” - This announcement is for Retail only. It announces that the event will run from September 20th - October 6th. However, as you all should have remembered from 13 years ago, in 2008 this event ended on October 4th! You’ve all fallen victim to one of the classic blunders; never get involved in a date war with Activision Blizzard.

Check. m8.

16 Likes

Nah, they will go the path of least resistance and just enable it again on the weekly reset on wednesday for another week due to “complications with coingatheringquests specifically on the hordefaction early on into the event”.

2 Likes

I want my bloody mount… Most of the content already feels like a choir and now I have wasted yet another 2 weeks on collecting tokens that will now just expire in 21 days…

8 Likes

What the hell blizzard? Saving limited edition coin with expiration date on, for event to end early, when it wasnt working proper to begin with? hrello? idk what to say, fix it. give us the last two days that we had until the 6. of October, or dont release a broken version of the event.
Cant wait until halloween though, thats my favorite WE <3

7 Likes

This is such a bloody scam. Have done these quests EVERY damn day, and am exactly two days short of having enough for the ram - buuuuuut then they close it two days early?! With no possibility of saving the tickets for next year! No way to exchange them, nada. All announcements said october 6th, but I guess that’s just too bad for the players who put work into this huh? Guess what, once again Blizzard doesn’t give a f about their players.

7 Likes

Yep another waste of time. All that for some tokens that are just going to expire in a few days and many of us were just short of the 600 for the ram quest. I really hope this gets put back up, I’ve seen a few players visiting where Brewfest was in the last few minutes and they were all really angry about this.

7 Likes

What a disaster, as per usual nowadays. Was expecting it to end in two days just to log in after work and realize that i have done 2 weeks of dailies for nothing. I even checked to make sure that it would end on oktober 6, which they clearly stated on their website.

4 Likes

Really what a disaster. i still need 48 tokens, so everything for nothing. Tonns of dailies done for nothing bc they ended it early! Thanks Blizz!

And for “apology” - insult rather, here’s the answer:

1 Like

On their Help page you can see:

• World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft

Before You Report

“Try checking Wowhead for any skill, quest, item, or NPC involved in the problem, and check the top-rated comments. You may find helpful instructions from other players about the issue, along with potential solutions/workarounds to known issues.”

On Wowhead the 6th has been given as end date WITHOUT any protest from Blizz for the last 14 days!

1 Like

I was 10 coins from being able to purchase the mount - 10 coins, which I would’ve been able to get, if I KNEW that the Brewfest ended 2 days early. For real, a yesterday a few hours before Brewfest randomly ended, I was thinking about logging in to finish the last ram race, and get my mount.

But I thought no, better go early to bed and get it done early tomorrow… What a mistake that was.

Nowhere on Blizzard’s website or anywhere in game they mention when the “real” end date of the Brewfest was. On the website, it only says the 6th on the page which talks about Brewfest for both retail and TBC. This is frankly unacceptable, and very very dissappointing, as I have been tactically logging in twice every day for weeks to get the mount. And I’m not the only one in this situation.

I know there are loads of other reasons, but to be honest, an incident like this makes me throughly consider whether I want to continue to support this game and Blizzard as a developer. They have no respect for the hours and hours of work and planning we as players put into the game, and yet they offer no compensation when they f…ing trample on us again and again after taking our money and time…

Dear plebs. Please post in the correct forums. Ty.

It’s back up!

It doesn’t matter what WOWHEAD writes. There, ordinary people write. IMPORTANT that Blizzard did not give the player any information other than information with REtail. eat feces

1 Like

Brewfest, same as any other event who gifting gear is not good in early TBC.
What they did with Ahune and Brewfest, they gave us FREE necks, cloaks and trinkets… which are SAME as ones from badges.

Result: noone is motivated to play HC dungeons except if they desperately need rep or primal nether.
In old TBC these events were up near the end, few months before WotLK and they were not game breaking…

Same thing is with reputation PvP gear which is exactly the same as Honor PvP gear and is slap in the face to ppl who paid honor points before patch.
All these rep PvP gear were gifted in Sunwell patch few months before Wotlk and not 4 months after TBC start…

Service on Private Servers was much better than this **** for 13 euros!!! GM’s are totaly useless. Still one Day missing for my mount cause of your fail Blizz, thanks for nothing!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.