Bring back 2H frost

12/11/2018 12:10Posted by Deffers
09/11/2018 13:50Posted by Mellion

Actually 2h frost has always been inferior in pve and I've never complained, so your statement makes no sense.

This is not true. There were times when TH Frost was better than DW Frost.

Why are you even trash talking just for the sake of doing so? Here I'm trying to help all of us with making a thread about frost dks and improvements, and all you could think of was to talk down to me and say dumb stuff. Way to go mate, what a cool person you are.

Hope you are satisfied :)

So I disagreed with you and pointed out the problems with your request. Sorry this upset you so much.

Oh and also, they did actually promise 2h frost and an obliterate trait before releasing Bfa. They never promised any changes to the current breath system, so no they don't need to fix the talents first. Keep opening your mouth when you don't know anything.

Wow you really threw toys out of the pram. I am sorry seeing the skin of a two handed weapon in your DK's hands seems so important to you. I'd prefer that the developers fixed the frost dks talents prior to such a cosmetic change.

As for not caring that TH Frost would be weaker than DW Frost. You might not, but others would. There would be lists of posts grumbling at developers about this the moment someone put a decent set of numbers on line. I don't think that blizzard (with all the complaints they have been getting in BfA) would do this without DW and TH being comparable. Do you think they would?

Also 78.321% of DKs and their ghouls agree with me.

No one agree with you actually. All of your comments here are absolutely pointless, we are talking about an option to bring back 2h frost while you try to defend DW frost for some reason. You just !@#$ talking there with your unfunny "xxx.x% dks and their ghouls disagree with you". Btw there was a straw pool on the US forum about 2h frost or DW and the 2hand won with 20-30% it was at the start of prepatch so majority of the dk players want it back.
Clearly he is just here to piss people off and troll obviously. Thinking he is some sort of comedian ;) I honestly feel sorry for him.
What does DW Frost DK's gain from getting 2H as an option?
More choices and a new playstyle.

What does DW Frost DK's loose from getting 2H as an option?
Nothing.

Also 78.321% of DKs and their ghouls agree with me.

In all honesty, i like playing Unholy but i dislike my ghoul a lot. It got a tendancy to run off, not be on the target i need it to be for the stun and i have to summon it once again because IT RAN OFF AGAIN!

The ghoul has changed from a tool to a nuisance, just something i am constantly annoyed at.
2 Likes
12/11/2018 15:28Posted by Bitterborn

No one agree with you actually. All of your comments here are absolutely pointless, we are talking about an option to bring back 2h frost while you try to defend DW frost for some reason. You just !@#$ talking there with your unfunny "xxx.x% dks and their ghouls disagree with you". Btw there was a straw pool on the US forum about 2h frost or DW and the 2hand won with 20-30% it was at the start of prepatch so majority of the dk players want it back.

The % remarks were made because there is no way for any of us to have a truly accurate understanding of whom wants this or that. Therefore stop talking %$£", your comments are too highly strung because someone doesn't agree with you. Straw-pole will not give you an accurate figure it will only give you are value based on who took the pole. You are relying on non-mandatory voting which is poor. People that want two handed weapons are going to vote, where others will not bother.

Yes people do agree with me that the weapon we wield is inconsequential next to the fact that our talents need correcting/updating. Bitter you just haven't read or acknowledged their posts.

Now if you go back and read my original post, before Mellon didn't like me not agreeing with him, you'll note I pointed out why bring back two hand weapons for frost will be an issue; the talents don't support the use of two handed weapons, the development requirements for this will be high. Not only will they need to alter the visuals for all the talents, but they would need to balance the change.

We are currently pigeon-holed into PvE talents for DPS that are nerfed to hell and back for PvP. You really think Blizzard are going to throw two handed weapons into that mix also? Considering the mess they have currently made please don't tempt them to do this.

You probably don't want to hear this, but they should fix the talents before they bring back two handed weapons. Doing otherwise will delay or complicate matters further. Sorry I am not on the "IR FDK want BIG oblit crit BANG!" bus.
12/11/2018 19:26Posted by Mellion
Clearly he is just here to piss people off and troll obviously. Thinking he is some sort of comedian ;) I honestly feel sorry for him.

No I just disagree with what they are saying. The problem was that you got pissed off because I didn't agree with you. Forums are a place for discussion, agreement and counter positions. Why did you expect everyone to agree with you?

13/11/2018 10:47Posted by Deathvarg
What does DW Frost DK's gain from getting 2H as an option?
More choices and a new playstyle.

What does DW Frost DK's loose from getting 2H as an option?
Nothing.

I honestly agree with you, to a point. What would we lose getting TH as an option... dps at present.
1 Like
!@#$posting aside, reasons to make 2h Frost the only/a viable option for DKs

-2h weapons are iconic for the class
-it would make big abilities like obliterate meaningful
-it would help place 1h str weapons back in the hands of tanks only
-more player choice and different playstyles
-i'm fed up of using toothpicks and having to rely on fast autos in PvP when most of the time you can barely land hits on a mistweaver

negatives for the sake of balance

- more work for devs who we pay subscription fees for
- possibly too many classes relying on 2h str weapons

honestly they should just make it a talent that you can use two handed weapons and obliterate does frost damage and just see where it goes from there, could be underwhelming or could break the game
6 Likes
Give 2h frost, unholy bores me
6 Likes
14/11/2018 17:23Posted by Frosty
!@#$posting aside, reasons to make 2h Frost the only/a viable option for DKs

-2h weapons are iconic for the class
-it would make big abilities like obliterate meaningful
-it would help place 1h str weapons back in the hands of tanks only
-more player choice and different playstyles
-i'm fed up of using toothpicks and having to rely on fast autos in PvP when most of the time you can barely land hits on a mistweaver

negatives for the sake of balance

- more work for devs who we pay subscription fees for
- possibly too many classes relying on 2h str weapons

honestly they should just make it a talent that you can use two handed weapons and obliterate does frost damage and just see where it goes from there, could be underwhelming or could break the game

There is more dw dps than 2 hander. And dw is a disadvantage in gearing too compared to 2hand user
Inb4 mouthbreathers "muh dual wield katanas are better than 2h"
No mention on the PTR of any changes to DK other than the blood nerf and PvP talents. Question is:

A: Are they redesigning the spec so we can get 2H as a possibility? They've clearly shown they are willing to do major design changes to specs this expansion. (Elemental)

B: They did the PvP Talents and called it quits.

I am going to get some grief for this,

I was watching an Asmongold video uploaded on YouTube, where he was doing a DK DPS battle. They had to do continued damage for 3mins, using only standard buffs and potions.

In the final it was a Frost DK vs a UH DK. There were many moments where they would have matched DPS and/or the other would take the lead, but in the end the UH DK managed to pull out a healthy lead.

Now, I understand there are so many variables to this kinda thing, but from what I understood, they were both very well geared for this patch and obviously knew how to play their specs. The UH DK just looked “right” and made me really want to bite the bullet and go UH.

I really miss the original specs for DK from early WotLK. Where Frost was a Tank spec and Blood and UH were our DPS specs and I “think” we could choose to DW or have a 2H wep. We were WAY too OP with Blood as a DPS option, due to the sheer amount we could heal while fighting. I think it would be nice to have a modified version of that.

One thing I really miss is just how we could mix talents in the build. I guess this is very true of all classes. The other thing I miss is how we could go between Blood, Frost and UH with the skull icons, instantly. I would choose UH when I was just running around due to the movement speed.

Back in 2010 I was doing the harder part of the Shadowmourne quest chain, I never got to finish it. I would love to finally get the Axe and for us to Transmog the thing onto whichever weapon we had equiped.

I think it was mentioned at Blizzcon that they were going to allow a DW char to transmog to a 2H weapon. Not sure how it will work, but at least I can have “the look” of what a “real” DK should be.

2 Likes

uh people still play that class? last time I checked was so boring I had to delete the game from PC. Like, worst class design I ever tried in this game, looks great though I give it that…
Now for real, dks need buffs and serious uptuning. Talking a guy who mained DK back from WTLK up til WOD. Class is nothing to do with how it was. Its a lot worse.
Thats coming from a newfound pala main, gotta be fair.

There were so many people who were hostile towards DK’s, as we started from 50 and were given usable gear for free. There were cries for DK’s to be nerfed more and more, which meant we have been hamstrung so badly, that people didn’t see the need for a DK in a raid etc.

From when I returned to the game in August, I realised that while a lot has changed in 6+ years, I still enjoy playing DK. If we do get buffed, I bet there will be so many complaints from none DK’s, that we will be at square one again.

DK’s in Wrath was a excellent case of “easy to learn, difficult to master”. They were strong, after all, they were a Hero class. But you could very easy spot a DK that didn’t knew what they were doing vs one that was skilled. People complaining too much has just resulted in a underperforming class.

2H Frost was removed in Legion because of the Artifact, i can accept that. However right now it’s just lazy commitment from the Devs not to give us the option. Hell i can even go Frost, equip a 2H and then mog it to the Frost Artifact weapons.

Blizzard: If you’re so commited not to design 2H Frost to function differently, just let us mog 2H’s.

Even better: Give us a quest to get an Artifact appearence that looks like a 2H version of the standard blades. Don’t leave the Artifact in the dusts as you have, expand on them, let us unlock new appearences with quests, achivements etc. You have dropped the whole concept of class tier sets, let us at least have this.

3 Likes

there was no single tank spec in wrath, and frost tallent tree was the poorest one

after ulduar every1 and their mum would tank as blood as unh magic defenses got nerfed alot and frost was still bad, specialy in ICC

after ulduar blood was the only tank tree worth investing in

oh and if u were fool enought to try to tank as DW then good luck, u were actualy buffing the boss autoactaks with haste due to have parry/haste work back then (thankfck for its removal), gimping urself even further

what u wanted to say was, the presences were blood increased dmg, frost reduced dmg and unh increased speed. but that was just about it

1 Like

bringing back options will just open a new can of worms. it was hell to try to balance 2 gameplays of frost

lets keep the 2H topic open but only after the spec itself gets rebalanced and tweaked

Yeah, thanks for correcting me on that (being honest about that)

I remember that they changed things just as I was getting use to being max level. I really liked the Blood DPS spec, as you got so much healing, yet you could do good damage.

Until I tried DK in early WotLK, I had never managed to play longer than a month or two and the day I got my first lvl 55 toon, I rolled a DK and just steamrollered up the levels. I was so clueless with WoW and if it wasn’t for places like Tankspot, would have never learnt to use quests and dungeons for exp, as I was use to grinding in MMORPG’s.

I played Cata for a few weeks and I think I was able to 2H with Frost back then, but when my mate got me to come back for MoP, they had changed Frost to a DW spec?

They can rebalance and tweak it by making Frost:
two-handed, hard hitting, unstoppable, heavy, deadly mashine…

instead of~

Rogue dressed in cloth that is fast with blade but is only scratching opponents with his tiny blades. Unfortunately compared to real rogues have forgotten how to avoid attacks and hide in shadows.

3 Likes

You consider Paladin fun? It’s just as boring with just as few useful DPS abilities, seems like an odd swap, is all

Have very good self-sustain tho~

Spammable healing spells, full heal with 10min cd and bubble of immortality. DK is paper.

Don’t forget the bubble that absorbs 30% of the paladin’s HP and will deal that damage when expired. And that healing cost barely any resources at all.