Bring back mage tower appearances

I’m a returning player who didn’t have time to play in Legion because life happened. I really want the werebear form and it pains me every time I play that it’s completely unavailable for someone like me or for new players.

I understand it was known from the beginning of Legion that it was time gated, and that it’s no ones fault but mine that I didn’t know about this. Though I get the exclusivity, I still wish it wasn’t so.
I would even take a time gated event once a year where you’d have to grind currency in order to buy the form, or bringing back mage tower but scaling your character down to make it challenging.

On the US forums lots of people seem to be against this, but I just wanted to throw it out there. What do others think about this?

191 Likes

I want MoP Challenge mode gear back as well but not gonna happen.

49 Likes

Didn’t you post this exact same thing a couple of months ago?

For those who got the appearance it’s a feat of strength.
It shows we put in the effort and time to do something challenging and we got the reward for it.

They should really bring back the whole idea with appearances again and to obtain new awesome transmogs via solo or group challenges.

Bringing back the old mage tower appearances would be wrong and a big slap in the face to us who actually played during that period.

38 Likes

I didn’t get the mage tower appearances because I wasn’t active in WoW at the time (and also only started playing druid recently), but I’m not in favour of bringing them back. As Blaazze said above, it wouldn’t be fair on those people who worked hard for them. I’d be very much in favour of something new and unique, though.

19 Likes

I think it’s nice to have appearances that you can’t achieve anymore.
It’s like the magic rooster and the spectral swift tiger. You admire it, cuz you can’t get it anymore.

12 Likes

Really trying to get your point and digging where it makes sense but can’t seem to, I’m sorry.

On a less lame note, yes those appearances should be back, for druids more than any other class, because for these latter the skin of their form plays a big role in how much you enjoy your class, and since there already not so many of them locking the 8 best is sheer stupidity.

28 Likes

Im all for new chalange with new tmogs and forms, but leave those mage tower skins be, they are prestogious exclusive reward for a reason…

6 Likes

Absolutley not, you are not entitled to anything in the game, It was during a limited period, and you were not there. Sucks to be you.

13 Likes

Didn’t you post this exact same thing a couple of months ago?

No. This was my first post on the WoW forums ever.
Being that it’s such a big part of playing druid at least there should be some new skins or customization to it. I could live with the mage tower appearances being locked forever for those who happened to play during that time. But for it to be fair there needs (in my opinion) to be many many more options for returning and new players. Right now there is only one, and it’s unobtainable.

Absolutley not, you are not entitled to anything in the game, It was during a limited period, and you were not there. Sucks to be you.

Suck to be ignorant.
I never said I’m entitled to anything. I made this post giving the perspective of a returning (or new) player feeling semi-locked out of a class because of time contraints during a peroid of time where others didn’t have the same contraints.

It’s a prestige reward for players who may not have much else to be prestigious about, but even then you do not have to be rude. Please leave the discussion then.

26 Likes

That is the worst argument I have ever heard, does it mean MoP challenge sets should also come back ? Or the WoD challenger weapons ?

Also, the form is cosmetic, it literally does not bring any gameplay henefit at all, so you’re not ”Semi” locked out.

No. It should not, the people who got it should not have the exclusivity taken away just because some player feels he deseves it.

1. This is a forum, I have the right to express my opinion.

2. That was not me being rude, at all.

Oh, and how do you think players who earned those rewards would feel if they came back ? Not good.

4 Likes

Back then i only played 1 char, got all apperances but none for my alts which is abit crap

But they should not bring it back, defeats the entire purpose of having it in the first place

7 Likes

That is the worst argument I have ever heard, does it mean MoP challenge sets should also come back ? Or the WoD challenger weapons ?
Also, the form is cosmetic, it literally does not bring any gameplay henefit at all, so you’re not ”Semi” locked out.
No. It should not, the people who got it should not have the exclusivity taken away just because some player feels he deseves it.

Yes, they should come back as well in my opinion. Locking content in a game you pay monthly for is absurd. Just make it harder to obtain, even harder than it was back then.
It is semi-locked, in a cosmetic way. You can’t argue that.
Some player? I’d reckon there are loads of druids who wants that form and who aren’t able to obtain it. Way to trivalize this.

And yes, you were being rude.

27 Likes

Too bad then, you’re not getting it, end of story.

10 Likes

Too bad then, you’re not getting it, end of story.

I know I’m not, that’s why I started this thread?
This is meant to start a discussion to bring them back in some shape or form (or to implement new forms and skins for new players), not for you to end a story. If you don’t feel like contributing constructively, then don’t contribute at all.

30 Likes

I missed the pretty MoP tmogs sadly which i would probably be using on many characters if i had any of them. But it was the very end of MoP i leveled up.

I have the WoD weapons and many of the mage tower appearences though, including all the druid forms and weapons.

My opinion after really understanding both sides is that it should just stay the way it is and just give ppl new challenges for new things that they actually design to look nice and not some questing gear for a change like everything this expansion.
They should also design new forms for guardian and feral since they are stuck in form most of the time.

But no, dont bring old things back. It wouldnt be the same and it would ruin the achievement of ppl who actually knew it will be going away and worked for getting them.

5 Likes

MoP Gold CM, WoD Gold CM, 36/36 mage towers done here.

I am personally not against the idea of bringing it back.
I could not care less about the fact that some people would be able to obtain this stuff now.
Just make it as hard as it used to be (probably bring it to the level of MT when it actually came out, not when legion was almost over and it was a zergfest for majority of the specs).

36 Likes

Also bring back pvp exclusive season rewards back, also lot of transmogs, then give us back of fun times we miss, dont forget achivs, return is $$, … and an icecream with cherry

6 Likes

I really hope these rewards could see a return in some form as an unlockable. Perhaps as an additional transmog reward on a 1% droprate from a completed run in Torghast for example. Just some slim chance, a hope if you will, of acquiring them. It pains me that I will never see the Prot mage tower appearance on my Warrior.

I realize this sounds entitled, but was it ever promised by the developers that these (challenge mode / mage tower rewards) would never return? Or that the events themselves no longer be available, thus “softlocking” the rewards?

6 Likes

As someone who has all the MT appearance for all four specs, I wouldn’t mind if Blizzard brought them back. I feel that limited-time rewards of this type turn away new players, and this game needs new players. A weapon skin is one thing, entire druid forms are another, I feel.

48 Likes

No no and no. You snooze, you lose.

4 Likes