Bring back pvp scaling

i said stomping undergeared players is fun and quoted conan, yet you threw philosophy in that claiming he didn’t solve the riddle of steel, well he did, i’ve shown it to you, now you cry about being wrong in your counter-argument, the only person humiliating here is you, by yourself

so still nope, scaling should never come back and it never will, oneshotting 22k warlock in bg is fun and always will be, whatever you think about it

Your bait have to be of a better quality, for a bigger response, sorry. I will copy a message i already sent you in another thread. Here it is.
Your gloat is just an indication of your malice and loneliness. Call your parents and tell them you love them, spend some time outside with your friends and be happy instead of making low quality bait threads to milk the anger off those who are easily provoked and feel smart and smug about yourself.
Your need to satisfy yourself in that way is an indication enough of you not being smart about your time at the very least.

BFA had ilvl scaling, which was a mix of legion template but you could choose ur stats (which was the major complaint in legion)

BFA kinda worked as gear disparity didnt produce so much power creep

Wish it could, but there are numerous videos where the system’s being abused and actually not wearing anything at all provided people with more power than intended. It was a good idea which was very, very badly implemented.

Easy fix to this, make pvp gear scale up over mythic ilvl when in instanced pvp and WM just like it did in WoD.

Ohh yeah make the ilvl of pvp gear static, so that the PvE Vers mains won’t complain about the same thing

1 Like

Works too.

It sure would work way better than stat distributions that just didn’t make any sense, and would in turn make some specs worse than they were

I dont really understand what you meant.

Was commenting on this part. Having Blizz decide the stat distribution was what killed the system in the first place. Some specs got bis others got trash

Agreed then.

But i mean it wouldn’t be fair if you worked hard to gear up your char and then the game put you on the same level of people dressed with toilet paper.

How exactly did we agree?

What is unfair about it? Pvp is an instanced and separated mode with separate ability modifiers already. If you can spend time playing pvp from the get go then there will be more people playing that type of activity, more participants means healthier and active community, influx of people interest causing devs to play more attention and balance it better.

1 Like

I can be alright with scaling, but only for random BG’s so that new players can get honor gear to get into rated where scaling just doesn’t work

1 Like

Dont mind that either. But at the same time i dont want to see noobs being PwNd xDDDDDDD by the numbers. Its really a multi-layered problem. Its 3rd addon where blizzard use their “stat squish” if i recall it correctly, and every time they try to reach the WotLK in that regard, but remember which top top top stuff was there in WotLK? Season 1 - 213 (think we can safely ignore KT drops). With 200 drops from basically BGs. 13 ilvl difference. And now it is around what? 29?

Why should i play the same 5 bgs over and over again without gear upgrade? Expecting to be put by the game on the same level regardless of the time you spent playing Is Just unfair. Games like wow are based upon the fact that the more you play and put your time and effort into the game the more you get rewarded. If i spend time getting geared and then the game puts me on the same level of people who don’t want to do so than why should i even play? What you are proposing has no place in a MMORPG.

are you sure about that?

2 Likes

Unrated gear capping at 197 suggests this isn’t true.

To flex your skill?
Sounds like you only enjoy playing when you have a massive advantage.

I think the idea is that if you (with your superior gear) come into ENTRY LEVEL PvP, you get scaled down to keep the match competitive.

This isn’t unranked players demanding the highest gear so they can stomp Mythic raids & destroy ppl 2.4k+.
This is about people with high-end gear coming into entry level PvP & destroying any semblance of competition.

4 Likes

I’m sorry but the op refers directly to rated battlegrounds:

Now i don’t think that rated bgs are for entry level characters and that’s what i was refering to.

If it’s only about entry level pvp then i don’t get why he mentioned rated battlegrounds.

If that was the point then i’m fine with it, i’m sorry if i misunderstood what you guys were refering to.

2 Likes

If the only thing you play in WoW is PvP, then the gear is the character progression. Sure you can have titles, but try and remove the gear aspect and go with “only the skill matters now” for the raiders and see how they will respond.
Part of the joy of an MMORPG, in my opinion, is the strength increase of the character.

Back in BFA, where the PvP scaling was very much present, me and my friend used to do 2v2 arena and we often picked our main target based on the enemy’s health, because it was a quick indicator for their item progression.
The salt and confusion of the situation when that low-geared opponent did increadible damage to us, while we at the same time did way less damage to him than we were used to. It was absolutely horrible.

Sure, some of the frustration came down to us not knowing what the fork was going on (thanks Blizz, for the lack of transparency). But I can whole heartedly tell you, that if there was a mere mention or hint of it being reintroduced, I would cancel my sub for good and leave WoW in the dust for greener pastures.

For some people, myself included, PvP is not just a pass-time in the game, when you’re bored. It’s the very reason you do all the boring stuff on the side, to increase your characters’ strength and as such, your own chances in the PvP.
And when I get smashed because my gear sucks, at least I know why and exactly what to do, to avoid the same problem in the future. And when I reap the rewards of both gearing and practicing, it’s all the sweeter.

1 Like