Bring back pvp scaling

the day pve and pvp set plus a true pvp stat died, PVP instantly died. period.
anyone who argues at this is a PVE Hero mostly that wants to have the power on both contents, pve & pvp.

I get it, its fun to use your mythic + gear like in BFA or your raiding gear to stomp ev1 that has honor gear 197 ilvl, or even combatand tr@sh tier ilvl compared to this.
But lemme tell you something : IT IS NOT FAIR.
PS: to those who replied to you sayin that PVE does not matter, i have a question, why ev1 in mythic plus io raider rankings has 226 duelist and even 233 WEPS… while being hardcore PVE REALMERS?.. i mean PVE gear doesnt matter rIgHt?!

Just stop with this bullcr@ap.
#bringaTRUEPVPSTATback
#bringWODpvpilvlScaleback (in outdoor aswell vs PVE geared chads)
#bringPVE/PVPsetsBACK
#higherILVLonWEPSonly (NOT IN GEAR, as it was working wonders for like 10 years now)

7 Likes

Templating definitely needs to make a comeback. It is literally POINTLESS for any player currently to grind unrated pvp gear. POINTLESS. You can spend a week grinding the honor necessary to max out all the unrated stuff, have versa in every slot, have the trinkets 40% bonus and STILL get deleted in 2-3 seconds by rets/rogues etc with crappy rating, because they pay-to-win WoW tokened and neckbearded their way to ilvl 220+ through Nova etc and can press 3 buttons to kill anyone.

Make it stop.

2 Likes

Templates was one of the things that killed the system, and high geared pve players is what is killing it for every player using vers pvp gear, seeing as vers is pretty weak even after the 40% trinket buff

Why would i, a grown person, chase after sublimation aka gear threadmill in pvp, a game mode which is objectively about fun and nothing, i repeat, NOTHING else? If you get joy off getting pixelated “you are stronger now because you LOOTED this!”, then you should just stop playing video games and see what’s gone wrong with your life so you now have to retreat to the imaginary word not for the “play pretend” part or “play pretend but against someone”, but for the feeling of fulfillment. And i am not even mocking you. I think you got decieved in many many ways over many many years and this is just the result. But you have to escape that wheel.
Raiding is different and i will explain you why. There are only so much ways to balance out the difficulty in raid, and by “boss hits harder now!” they add the difficulty. And to be able to complete that activity the actual ilvl had to be grown. I am pretty sure the numbers tied to the ilvl difference between heroic and mythic raid (for example) are tied to the actual difference in numbers of boss hp, damage, etc etc. That is why ilvl is important for raids.

It was badly implemented in the first place and sabotaged by blizzard to “show em players who’s the boss 'ere!”

That is the most important part of your message. If it was transparent and understandable (i.e. not rigged), you would enjoy it. But you did not because there was no way to understand how it works and why the hell this greenie hits me harder than i hit him.

So you just want a real life job in WoW and thats it really?

World first raiders, raids mythic way under geared js

I understand that you can get frustrated. Especially when you face arguments that does not support your own narrative, on a subject that you obviously care about.
But to start your response out with an attack, not on the argument, but on the person itself. That will not contribute to the discussion/debate, nor prove any points.

In any case, if you want inspiration for your system, you can look at the SPVP (structured player versus player) part of Guild Wars 2. Everyone gets the same gear, the rewards are titles and the only part of the gear that makes people different are the stats on the necklaces, which everyone can choose freely.
The reason I quit that game, was because there was no gear progression. So when I got my titles, I ended up feeling that there was nothing left to aim for, unless I wanted to start making PvP montages or something else that wasn’t strictly a part of the game.

You can respond to this comment, but don’t expect me to read it. With your attitude, I don’t see a reason why I should waste what little free time I got, just to get insulted without provocation.
Have a nice day.

Dont. Its fun-mode and always been one. Your response could be summed as this: i want everyone to go through the same unhappy process of being kicked in all soft places while they get the gear only to replace it tin bit later. You want everyone to waste their time on meaningless “gearing” instead of having fun in a fair fight from the get go. That is almost sadistic of you.

Absolutely.

the fact that they reintroduced pvp vendors means to me that it’s not just a fun-mode. pvp is a viable way to get gear as it was in other expansions. as i said when i replyed to gnomechomsky what i was refering to were rated battlegrounds. i woudn’t get any fun from being full geared and annihilate people fresh from leveling and that’s why i don’t do that. if you want gear scaling in random battlegrounds i think that whoever queues and is geared over the unranked limit, which is 197 if i remember it right, should be scaled to 197.

that’s how it has always been to me. when i played pvp in MoP and WoD i used to get killed frequently upon reaching max level but things changed as i geared up. that same thing happened to me in SL. getting honor from bgs and then spending it to buy gear isn’t that unhappy and unfair to me since everyone has to go through it.

the meaningfulness or less meaningfulness of the gearing process is subjective to whoever goes through it. if i want to be put on the same level of anybody else in game i don’t play an mmorpg.

what makes me a sadist if i think that everyone, me included, should do their bgs, get honor and buy gear with that honor? i think we have totally different mindets on this topic.

In wod u had no duelist, chalenger etc. It didnt mater. If u capped conquest point u could get pvp gear. If i remember it was 690 and scaled to 710 in pvp.
There was some gear for players above 2.4k i think.

3 Likes

if they reintroduce ilvl jump on PvP gear in rated settings they need to be careful, like if we have ilvl 197 players scaling up to 233 then gear becomes pointless again and people will have no reason to play.

The only solution is to bring in MMR-scaling, so that whatever your gear is it’s scaled DOWN to the MMR bracket you’re in.

That way if someone comes from Arena or PvE with an ilvl of 220 and enters a sub-1400 bracket all the gear that they have above ilvl 200 will be scaled down to ilvl 200, which is the highest possible in that bracket. There’s no up-scaling of gear, only down-scaling.

This way gear progress would still be relevant as it would allow you to compete in higher brackets. It would allow for cross-style gameplay fluidly as people who PvP would still be able to gear up equally to PvE, and it would still give players an advantage, however, it would be much less impactful than it is now.

2 Likes

This! This is what I keep saying, it gives pvp players something to aim for so the pve players doesn’t just come in and faceroll everything in rated. And to be perfectly honest WoD pvp felt like some of the most balanced pvp I’ve ever done, so the ppl that says that it ruined pvp are obviously pve players that loves facerolling over pvp players.

And the 2.4k was just elite transmog

3 Likes

Good riddance, if you ask me.

I didn’t enjoy blowing up a fat portion of a lower geared player’s health bar when I was on my Warrior. So your point is moot.

That’s why he said in INSTANCED PvP.

You wanna go beat up people wearing toilet paper? Go into Warmode. Problem solved.

Because you enjoy doing PvP?

Not necessarily. If there isn’t gear involved, then it would be how you, as a player, “Progress” in playing a specific class.

1 Like

To all who loved the WoD pvp gear rejoice! They are considering bringing it back!

Now they also need to nerf all damage by 80% or so.

Tired of getting two shot with no chance to fight back.

A WHOLESOME POST ALERT

Why dont they just add scaling to everything then or take gear progression away altogether. If you want to argue skill over gear have one level of raiding and let people go and try and beat it, dont put an ilvl requirement on HC dungeon queues or mythic+ just scale people into a set ilvl.

Wouldnt be mad at them scaling random BGs to 197 ilvl (the highest honor gear ilvl right now) but if you want access to everything else put some effort in like everyone else has to, maybe increase the conquest you get from BG wins up until a certain point where you’ve caught up closer to the cap.

As to comments about PvP being just for fun, why are you raiding if it isn’t fun? You can learn boss mechanics but you can’t completely predict a real players choices in a game which is what makes the real competition in WoW actually fun.

If PvErs dont want to do PvP to get better gear dont but then dont complain at the ones that do for an extra piece a week, you get what you give and if someone has put more effort and time in to the game they deserve the rewards.

Or make it like it was in MOP, problem solved.

Miss BFA scaling and World PvP. Nowdays BGs is AFK honor leeching fest, WPvP is dead, coz zero scaling. PvP not fun in general, idk. Worst expansion for casual PvP-ing. If including problems in PvE i’m not suprized why half of subs has gone in WoW.

1 Like

BfA wpvp was pretty cool.