Bring back realm first titles

Hey, like they do in every real life sport as well.

But that’s also a reason why Blizzard removed this. Having a achievement that encourages a race which rewards you the less you sleep, eat, drink and poop is really bad PR.

One could argue that WoW already encourages you to do less of those, but can be counter argued with that being down to personal choice. World first can’t.

Even the top guilds that race to world first, have mandatory rest times to prevent medical emergencies and bad PR.

2 Likes

How about no.

1 Like

You’re paraphrasing exactly what the guy you’re disagreeing wrote.

And then you’re calling them mentally handicapped. What’s up with that?

It’s very obviously dismissive.

Provocative is up to interpretation, but I find repeated use of “…” provocative as well.

As an example:

This again…

Why do we need to talk about this again?..

1 Like

Except it’s not giving any reason why they ought to be added back, or why it would be worth putting back in.

Giving any reason would help, be it from “It would encourage more players to try world first”, “Because it would be nice to show off” or even “It would look pretty”.

You said it, not me. Don’t put words in my post.

Edit: Just re-re-re-read the blue post. Okay, I get where you’re coming from, my bad.

My second point still stands.

How about no. DH=small PP

3 Likes

Have you ever heard of Osmium? It’s a blue-white metal in the platinum group. Atomic number 76. It’s considered the most dense element in existance. You’re currently not too far away from being just as dense.

To help you out here. They’re saying

“IT IS A VALID QUESTION; THEY’VE GIVEN NO REASON”

You’re saying

“But… but they didn’t give any reason… and it was a valid question!”

I agree. The blue agrees. Everyone agrees.

Alright, let me “not put words in your post” but only quote.

It is dismissive. That’s a fact, not up to interpretation.

“You’ve a…” a what?

Provocative is up to interpretation, aka subjective, aka an opinion.

“I won’t say the insult I initially wanted to say but I’ll suggest you have an issue since your opinion differs from mine”.

Truly, it is me, the evil goblin, that’s putting words into your post.

I may have misunderstood the context of the discussion. Guilds still battle for realm firsts. External sites my track things more accurately these days but you know on your realm when a guild hits the Hall of Fame, they get a server wide announcement.

I don’t think they’ve discouraged the realm firsts, they just sought to make it more fair regardless of what realm you are on. You can all go for the top 100. You have a better shot of hitting it on Alliance as there is a bit less competition compared to the Horde.

The top100 titles (famed slayer of…) are way better than the old realm first titles.
With the old ones a guild that was rank 10 world could lose it because they were on the same realm as the top 1 guild. While a rank 1000 guild could get it because they were on a dead realm.
Also if one player played through hundreds of wipes on the last boss and then on the kill he couldn’t play, it meant he lost the title. Players that progressed other bosses for weeks but were sat on the last boss also lost the title.
Those were unfair. The top100 titles we have now are way better.
And if you think that bringing them back would solve the problem of dead realms, you are very delusional.

1 Like

You can disagree but why this attitude. You know why he wants the titles, so guilds can compete on a server for the honour of beating a boss first and gaining the prestigious title.

More than that, it gives incentives for guilds to stay on or move to lower pop realms, potentially helping keep them alive… Similar to how they separated PVE leaderboards by faction.

Are there downsides? Yeah sure maybe, depending on perspective but don’t act like you don’t know why people enjoyed them.

The same effort he put into making the thread at the start.

“Give me titles cause I said so”.
No argumentation. No nothing. While my intention wasn’t outright to provoke. I am not shedding any tears that somebody took it as provocative either…

I don’t think the OP was expecting to be attacked or have a lot of opposition. Sometimes people just have an idea on their mind and need to express it, without realising some people will expect them to elaborate.

I don’t know how I feel about realm first titles, I never earned one but always thought they were cool in WOTLK. Grand Crusader for example. I’m never going to be in a position again to get a realm first, but I think there is some merit in having them to stop people just crowding popular servers while others turn into ghost-towns, like Hellscream EU (where I originally played).

Not saying it would work, but baby steps.

Reason why its not there anymore is because to many people exploit/bug or just straightup cheat to get those titles, another reason that blizz removed it. Costs too much money to have staff looking out for those people when a Xpack releases, They need to focus there resources on other bugs/tickets and other more important expansion release day thingys

I would say to remove CE for some reasons!

Before we can bring back realm first titles we need to work out what a realm is.

It’s not quite clear right now.

1 Like

True in my view it cant work with server connections and with more incoming . That’s why top 100 guilds is better .

1 Like

Can we have a title for being the first to be the 5987th dude who kills some random trash mob ?

Would be fun.

1 Like

These titles held very little relevance on low pop realms and realms without competition in raiding. The current Hall of Fame for the first 100 guilds worldwide for each faction is in my opinion much better for a healthy competition. If you want them back for the sake of saving dead realms, I think a much better solution to this would merging those realms with others, or getting rid of them altogether and having just a couple realms instead. Definitely better than spending insane amounts of money to transfer entire guilds to get an achievement that is esentially a participation trophy becuase there was nobody else to claim it. The realm system feels outdated anyway now that sharding is a thing.

They literally changed the system into the Hall of Fame that we know now.
It’s the same thing except guilds don’t need to transfer realms to get their titles now.

I can’t see how bringing back realm first titles is going to help with anything. They lasted for a very short while in WOTLK and that was it, Naxx/OS/Ulduar/TOTGC had titles for realm firsts, but ICC did not, this trend of not awarding titles was then continued. The Realm First! Achievement should be satisfying enough in itself. Also you found that people transferred from high population realms to low population/dead servers to obtain the titles for alts or mains who couldn’t be in the original raid due to class optimization, this was because achievements weren’t account wide at this time and people wanted the biggest epeens they could get, even on alts.

The Hall of Fame is a much better and fairer system for those who put the effort into being a top 100 or so guild.

If Blizzard genuinely thought bringing back realm first titles was a good idea, they’d be all over it given the £££ it would generate them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.