Bring the covenant not the player

So Blizzard had the 200 IQ idea to give covenants something special when it comes to the dungeons that are in the area of chosen covenant.

Necrolords are given a 25% Haste buff for the whole party, for 3 minutes.
You get this buff after using your covenant ability “Fleshcraft” on a slime inside the dungeon. Another slime leaves behind a pool, which gives you 25% haste as well. This does stack with the buff you get after someone in your group used Fleshcraft, which gives you 50% haste in total :slight_smile:

I bet my last copper, that similar buffs will exist for the other three covenants in the other dungeons.

This will force people to invite a particular player that has a) the meta class you want and b) the covenant you need (if everybody else doesn’t have the specific covenant for the dungeon you want to play)

This ends up in bringing the covenant you need and not the player you want to play with

11 Likes

yea, i think it’s rly dumb dumb dumb idea to make dungeon covenant specific buffs…
no-one asked for this… and it only gonna create problems

11 Likes

hm… good job i wanted to play necrolords

I think its a great idea.
People are complaining that they wont be wanted if they don’t pick the covenant that sims the best.
Now there will be content they will always be desired in.

5 Likes

Those are the other 7

I know their all getting their versions haha xD

It seems pretty sweet, some of them maybe in need of abit of nerfing. But the idea seems quite cool

1 Like

ah sorry,
Just thought I would share since OP didn’t mention them and didn’t want you to not look at other options because of it :slight_smile:
Perhaps OP can get more benefit from those links aha

1 Like

It’s going to be fine. Not really different to Court of Stars profession bonuses

1 Like

I generally think necrolords prolly get one of the more fun abilities.

I prefer the venthyrs set but the ability seems pretty useless in PvE xD. aoe shadow nuke every minute seems rather good for m+ which I mainly do xD

I’m going Night Fae purely because I want my fox to turn into a fox.
That is brilliant and nothing can top it.

4 Likes

What was the point of this post? It’s the principle, not the covenant.

What if all the buffs are night fae? Does “oh good I wanted to play necrolord” still hold?

If people think group finder is bad now its going to be great for people now “LF xxx meta spec with yyy convenant”

I linked the other buffs. every covenant gets 2 dungeons

they are short duration buffs and everyone gains it in the group, its fine to have this kind of thing having one player in the dungon that is a necrolord isnt too much to ask, and the dungeons will still be managable without using the buffs,

the buffs will only really have a big effect if you are doing these dungeons in the high 20s by todays standards at least, so its really nothing to worry about for the vast majority of players

there were professions specific buffs in court of stars i dont really remember hearing people whining about that, i like having unique things in dungeons that not everyone can use, it adds a level of interest to them, i would love it if they brought back the profession stuff into dungeons again because it was nice getting different buffs in CoS as well

2 Likes

But I’m aware they aren’t. :rofl::rofl:

So I apply these with that context. And reliese that simply it’s fine.

So creating scenerios we know just aren’t gonna happen is silly

1 Like

Of course its going to happen.

No I know every convenant gets buffs in different dungeons. So no this isn’t one sided

And I’m sorry. Pug groups have always been meta intense and more. Regardless of what blizzard do it’s going to be a horrible experience. So who cares.

I only ever run my own keys. Because getting into other groups as a shadow priest is already too difficult. so something else making it too difficult rly doesn’t change the problem that already exists.

Changes aren’t bad just because they don’t improve a pug system in a game.

I was going to say that since everyone gets something for all the dungeons no covenant will be useless.

But going by BFA, its going to be 2 dungeons that drop insane trinkets like Bike Wheel or Voodoo Totem and those two dungeons are going to be the only things people run, and 2/4 convenants will have cool abilities for dungeons with trash loot

Blizzard: Boy people are actually quite mad about covenant abilities and covenant tied player power.

Also Blizzard: Lets introduce some weird dungeon buff mechanic for certain Covenants. They will love it.

I just… I can’t. I really can’t.
It is like arguing with a 12 year old who has a 5 minute memory.

2 Likes

Those two trinkets are that good? I have the voodoo one in my bags at 460 :rofl: and my LFR psyche shredder Sims stronger

We all know raid trinkets massively outdo dungeon trinkets in most situations

Voodoo is one of the mandatory healer trinkets to have in arena for healers, along with claw and stuff.

Bike is the same but for dps, along with drest.