Buff Holy Priest

Look patch notes and still holy priest no update… They think its okay. Sarcasm

Exactly.
According to this:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26#metric=hps&dataset=95&class=Healers
Everybody is doing around the same except Hpriest that are trash tier by a big margin.

Nerfing 5 to bring on par with 1 is not that smart.
Buffing one to be on par with the rest is the only legit choice.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to start mythic on priest yet. We are getting guild numbers up and plan starting this Sunday. But as holy I have zero issues in HC on every fight up until Sire( and sludge to an extent) Where I’m a good 8-10% below our shaman and Druid.

This is simply due to mobility, and continual aoe healing that Druid and shaman can pull off. Holys raid CDs and spot healing just don’t compare. I have the gear and Lego to spec disc and will really have to give it a try. Because I agree, holy has lagged behind in the current tier.

I didnt raid in mythic but ive seen holy struggling in small raids.
For example the first weeks of the raid holy was 2nd output due to many huge groups, when you go to mythic with 20 ppl things change.

When you raid HC with a few ppl, thats even worse xD
I did my HC Sire with a miniraid and trust me i had no way to make it output decently whilst was 210 world Hpriest in BFA s4 .

Its just… Lacking.
Thats all

1 Like

Usually we raid 2/3/9 or 2/4/14 and in fights like Lady and huntsman for example you can just static turret heal nearly the full fight. With FC Lego you can very easily push over 6k hps with very high mana efficiency. But as soon as you have fights where movement mechanics are essential and stacks drop. It becomes a pain. FC should be baseline imo. I’ve covered all this before. The whole spec is lacklustre In both spell-spell interaction.

OuR “miracle” heal is a joke considering shammy surge / riptide + conduit swelling tides Hits for over 20k. And can be done a damn sight more than serenity. Granted serenity has its place… I think it’s just TOO basic a spec.

Yes you can but that does not rely on you only, it has to do with when your CD’s are being placed to be used at and with how good your co-healers are :slight_smile:

I dont really like the FC for raiding, i know people do use it…

The main problem started when they removed lady alabaster legendary during beta. If this was live right now Holy would be awesome, but it got removed probably because blizzard dont want holy to be awesome.

I honestly struggle to see how the lady alabester legendary would be useful or change anything, there is a reason it was never used in legion and I doubt it would compete with FC.

Holy with FC is actually pretty good in small raids, it is the mid sized raids where your single target/cleave healing might struggle and you don’t get enough mileage out of your raid cooldowns when compared to disc that can blanket mid sized raids about every minute.

On the topic of healer balance; Average parses don’t tell the full story because certain players gravitate towards a certain specc or style. (EG because holy is considered subpar it will generally be played by people that care less about performance).
I think generally Holy is fine when it comes to throughput when played correctly, the struggle with holy is that it lacks behind in the following fields;

1. DPS: Passive raid damage of holy priests is very lackluster especially when contrasted with holy paladins or disc priests.
  2. General Utility and DR: Although holy has some utility most of it is not specc unique and is usually lacking in impact especially at the top end of content.
    It also has a total absence of damage reduction which is due to it’s nature very powerful (with the exception of the 10% dr on fade conduit).
  3. Movement: Holy only has access to feather to provide a small movement boost and is traditionally the worst off when it comes to movement when compared to other healers.

In general Holy does NOT need help in all these categories at the same time. Movement already got much better when compared to BFA due to the PoM and CoH changes. Holy suffers a lot from the strength of disc which due to the nature of spiritshell and other pieces of it’s kit can contribute a lot to a raiding environment, being the same class really hurts when it comes to community perception.

So what is needed? Difficult to say but probably some small adjustments to disc to bring it more in line and either some utility or damage for holy. In general I think we are much better off than community perception dictates though.

On a final note; for me personally movement is not much of an issue at all because I rolled Night Fae, I can highly recommend the Weald to anyone :slight_smile: .

Ehm… Really?
If you would have so frequent apotheosis the game would be like you would play Holy in BFA S4 with IT corruptions, which was op AF…

Faster reset for your holy words and alot faster rest on your salvation, you think its not useful ? :confused:

Seriously?
Monks have TP and roll
Druids have cat form + wild charge
Shamans have spirit wolf

Yet holy doesnt need help?
They are all better at healing + moving already from holy…

Not to mention that Holy/disc is the only healing spec that has no defensive cooldown besides its external while all other healers have external+defensive.

Also holy disc have no way to clear roots, being caught for example in carapace mythic as holy would mean most likely im dead unless a monk would tigers lust me cast on me or another priest would grip…

Our healing as hps is fine, but we need some reduced casts cuz of lack of mobility. Most of the boss fights needs to move all the time and its hard to heal. Second big problem of holy is damage system. Our damage is bad, very bad. Again all skills need a lot of casts, no AOE… Buff our renew, so we can have good over time heal, and don`t have to cast so much flash and heal. Prayer of mending needs buff too. Its amount atm is useless, just waste of cast time…

A few mistaken statements in the posts above me:

1. Holy has defensive abilities; Desperate prayer and fade with the conduit. Those are not as good as most speccs but they do exist.
  2. Most fights do not need more movement than in previous tiers and holy did improve in this regard.
  3. Prayer of mending is one of our most efficient spells and does not need a buff. If you meant prayer of healing then yes it is on the weak side atm.

In general it is fine for a specc to have weaknesses, does holy have too many when compared to it’s upsides? Probably yes, but it really isn’t that far behind.

Also please do not buff renew, I do not want to blanket the raid with renew spam, if I did I would be a drudu.

1 Like

+1 on pointing out the Fade and Desperate Prayer conduits. They are super good and give us some very decent defensives. The tragic part is that nearly everything that makes Holy actually decent and competitive this tier is borrowed power that will one day again go away.

Holy works right now because of the FC legendary and the defensive conduits. Without those it would truly be broken, which really should be an eye-opener to Blizzard that an entire spec is carried entirely by temporary expansion systems while every other healer (well, except Mistweaver I guess) is perfectly fine without them. Not fair.

1 Like

If it was working so well why are blizzard buffing FC on the PTR and why are you all bottem in warcraft logs? I really mean bottem. The rest of the healers are not as bad as holy.

This is ilvl 226, its far worse with all ilvls.

Monk Mistweaver 7,913.99 8,979.09 338
Priest Discipline 7,848.12 10,057.81 4,489
Shaman Restoration 7,628.19 10,144.91 8,893
Druid Restoration 7,615.71 10,259.13 1,896
Paladin Holy 7,548.10 9,928.68 6,219
Priest Holy 7,028.69 9,117.92 1,947

Table of best to worst.

What is the legendary u talk about?

The “FC” they mentioned? That’s Flash Concentration.

Not gonna lie, sometimes I really struggle in m+. Buffing one target heal would be perfect, I’m so done with spamming Flash Heal each expansion… I don’t know, just do something with this :frowning:
Although on arenas I feel so comfy except me or my partner get 1 shot randomly

Its even worse. All of these is smth that Shadow priests bring in as well…

Use flash concentration and you won’t struggle healing anyone in M+

It’s not about that kind of heal at all, but yeah, i will farm for it next weeks, today made one for pvp

What kind of heal do you feel we are severely behind when compared to other specs?

Did you check the defensives all the other healers have?
if you had, you would not call desperate prayer a defensive. Its an instant self heal.

You must be joking. Cant tell.