Buffs to Rdruid and Hpriest. Nerfs to Hpala

It’s sad. These are purely PvE changes. I hope they will have PvP counterparts otherwise prepare for another season of R Druid and H Priest domination.

Hammer of Wrath, Judgment, and Holy Shock damage reduced by 12% is for all hpals regardless the covenant. healing will be good with setbonus and 2nd leggy as nekro but dmg will suffer. until u get 2nd leggy and setbonus hpal will be utter trash 9.2… ty blizz.

1 Like

Well yeah, they nerfed the damage but seeing how they can crit for up to 20k already with proper gear i don’t really see this as an issue.

However with the setbonus and stuff you are right. Until you have all that there is no real point queing.

1 Like

rly sucks. i play almost exclusively with an hpal mate of mine. early season will be rigged for us…

And since in 9.2 you actually have to heal because versa bonus is gone and healing is actually way lower then H Pala will have to all in or he gets oom fast.

And as always the reason everything is messed up is borrowed power. If Ashen Hollow didn’t exist then H Paladins could be balanced but since it’s there H Paladins will suffer in PvP and devs being clueless about PvP won’t see the problem until 7.2.5 when every Paladin Main player will play other healer. I’m curious what Method NA will play. I bet Brain is already practicing another healer.

2 Likes

Kinda funny, that talent as it is now says it reduces the cooldown to 60 seconds when it expires without saving the target from death. Basically, if you don’t get it to proc, it reduces the cd of it.

And Guardian Spirit has never saved targets from “big damage” which is a thing in PvE and these are PvE changes (which of course affects PvP too, but it means they are changes without any thought for PvP), so you can see their rationale behind that change since it’s to make hpriests more useful for trash pulls and boss fights.

Since it doesn’t say it’ll stop saving the target from death even though it stays on the target, you’ll just have to assume until it has been tested, that it keeps saving a target from death over and over again during its duration.
Unless they will make a separate PvP change for this talent change, that stops it from saving the target over and over again, because then it’ll mean the saving from death-part of it is only a one-time thing, but the 60% increase to healing-part of it stays even after it procs.

Because Guardian Spirit also increases healing recieved by 60% during its duration, which right now expires when it procs since it removes the buff when that happens.

Hpala has had a horrible design throughout all of Shadowlands. They should’ve never made casting so clunky for hpalas while at the same time making the instant fillers so weak as well. And then they nerfed mana for hpalas at the start of Shadowlands, on top of all that.
(inb4 someone says “but fillers aren’t weak!” or something like that, either casting needs to be faster and strong, while not costing too much mana compared to other healers’ mana overall, OR instants needs to be strong af (not both, only either or, although casting should always be fastish no matter what). Hpalas becomes a niche for quick games if they don’t have either of those playstyles available to them. They need to be like Cata, MoP or WoD, when comparing design philophies as explained in this post.)

Basically, they made hpalas fundamentally unfun to play, which is why they made flash of light into a thing again, but that was just removing the worst parts of the playstyle. It still kept the mana issues overall when compared to other healers as far as I can see, which is why hpalas has been kept at such a low tier.

ayylmao
10chars

source : https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/eu-en/329450-ptr-eternitys-end-development-notes/#10

where you got this from? This is nuts hpriest already had a 10% buff in 9.1.5

bluetracker:
bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/eu-en/329450-ptr-eternitys-end-development-notes/

Is here to stay buddy. Rdruid rmp and jungle meta will be here for next 2 years of SL. Gl having fun

If it stays like this Rdruids will be out of control next patch…Rshaman will be beyond bad(2 next to useless tier set bonuses and 1 useless legedary because Necro is a must covenant)…There is nothing worse than Rdruid dominated season…I hope Blizzard open their eyes and make something about this!?!

Don’t be so mad 9.2 will be only ~1 year. Its ok, yo!

I’d be surprised if 9.2 lasts for a year only. We didn’t even have new expansion revealed yet. Unless the acquisition is quick and Microsoft pumps developpers into WoW, we’ll get 9.2 for longer, with maybe small patches released here and there.

Expect nerfs in 9.2.5 when people will already abuse these two healers.

At this stage what I think needs to happen is Microsoft should give resources to dev team to hire proper PvP devs to tune PvP spell values properly like they did with Frostbolt and Chaos Bolt. When I see such patch changes I’m just sad and I lose all hope into this dev team.

It’s clear that literally noone of them plays any arenas and how busted are their ideas. Whole Shadowlands expansion arena wise is like 1 big not funny joke. All these covenant spells, trinket bonus, gearing. We are getting tormented and I didn’t even mention Torghast yet.

1 Like

Holy crap in spanish.

Mb longer, but i personally thinks that 1 year is a minimum including 9.2.5 - wich actually will be just fixes and preparation patch.

Great. Rdruid is categorically the highest skill cap healer in the game. Anything that sees the elimination of holy priest is very welcome.

PvE changes most likely.

Yes but most likely working in PvP.