Bump this if you want frost dk to get a fair buff!

Please buff frost. que for a mythic + dungeon as frost and insta declined. even with decent IO can not get grps.

3 Likes

Unfortunately frost will never get buffed.
This character used to be my main for all expansions except towards the end of MoP when I quit after one nerf too far.
I never thought I’d quit this character but unfortunately death knight has become dead knight.

Blizzard doesn’t dare touch death knights with buffs now due to the experience in WOTLK and Cata with people moaning about the class.

4 Likes

Blizzard dosen’t care. I thought about respeccing into frost. But i won’t do it, due to the lower dps

1 Like

204 ilvl fdk.
I tried so many builds, combinations of talents, conduits, 2H, DW, 3 different legos.
I also simed dozens of variations over and over on two different sites.
I made sure I performed the most optimized rotations in mythic keys (if by some miracle I got invited) and raids. I was outdps’d by most of the other specs of similar ilvl by a wide margin. And if I weren’t, it’s because their spec was even worse, or they weren’t playing as optimal as they could.
I have come to the conclusion that Frost Death Knight sucks.
This is very sad because this spec has a quite fun playstyle. But in most cases just completely unviable.

5 Likes

If like all the enemies are happy to see frost DK then something is wrong. Every class should have only a few of those enemies. It’s fine if some classes have the upper hand over some others. But there should be some sort of balance between that.

2 Likes

Please nerf frost

3 Likes

I would even say this for death and decay to be here, frost is really unconfortable, and feels incomplete in aoe. A little stronger ‘worth to press’ DnD wouldn’t fix this, but would help a tiny bit.

1 Like

You know the stupid nightfae bonus that gives death’s due cleave for your Obliterates… THe obvious solution was to make this baseline and working with death and decay…It was suggested countless times durring beta. But naaah.

3 Likes

Yea Unholy has good synergy with the baseline kit, and the unpruning. Frost has nothing to do with it. If at least frost mastery increased shadow damage too, or shadow spells dealt frost damage would be the minimum, I’d also like a Frost Whelp instead of a ghoul even if only cosmetic:D. Also unholy got the aoe runic spender baselined, which feels very good, while the frost equivalent the Glacial Advance still has to be talented, and even got a CD, so you have to press a Frost Strike when fighting more enemies. It feels so bad. Unholy uses talents to enhance parts of it’s kit, frost uses talents to complete the spec. And yea every other spec has interaction with DnD either with Scourge Strike or Heart Strike, frost should at least have Frost Strike if not Obliterate cleave in DnD

6 Likes

Bump
Frost DK is trash, tried Obli one handed and BoS dual wield, both feels trash and absolutely useless.
Playing this DK since legion, getting bored of UH tbh…
This class needs a rework, fast

4 Likes

1 bump for another

1 Like

FDK knock-knock from bottom in mythic raid. Need big/huge buff/rework.

3 Likes

Here’s my take on how to improve DK frost. I’m by no mean good at balancing, but I’ve played frost for a very long time and I think I have some idea that can be good :

1- Make Wraith walk baseline, I think there is no denial on that. There could be some work done so it makes sense with Death’s advance too so they don’t overlap each other but I feel lorewise, Wraith walk is much more “dk”. In exchange on the 40 talent, there could be a new talent that amplifies Wraith walk to something even better.

2- Get rid of Frozen pulse, and replace it with Soul Reaper - that deal shadow frost damage. That way, we have some execute too and we have 1 less useless talent.

3- Beside Gathering Storm, the 45 line is completely useless.

4- Make Obliterate rank 2 do frost damage exclusively, and not depending on KM proc. It would already boost the constancy of our dps

5- Make the ghoul permanent, and not a 1 min thing. UH DK have already a way stronger one that a generic ghoul we could have. To balance the thing even more, make it so that if the ghoul dies, or you Sacrificial Pact, you have a 1 to 2 minutes 2 until you can cast your ghoul again.

6- Make Breath of Sindragosa not a runic spender. I hate it, and most frost dk too. It’s the same situation Shadow Priest got in with void form. With the change they made to Void form, it’s so much more fun to play a Shadow priest now, so why not do the same exact thing to BoS?

7- Just balance DW and 2H, but I’m not good enough at balancing to speculate how it could be achieved

EDIT : Nithral had a really good idea too, make Glacial advance baseline too, it makes no sense that our aoe runic spender is a talent, and not UH. It’s not worth taking right now with how remorseless winter is much more better dps wise.

I think with those changed that are not overpowered, Frost Dk could become really fun and viable!

1 Like

remove chill streak and buff our other abilities for PVP

remove/rework BOS too and last row of talents

5 Likes

i want blood dk buff i dont care about frost

1 Like

Just another bump , because of FDK uselessness , need to do the oblit frost dmg all the time , need to change the km procs from crits to just normal attacks , make FS baseline , delete the fyckinge pvp downdamage for half of our skills , because of BoS, chain of ice talent and FW dmg in pvp is so freaking useless , I don’t know any of classes that have so many useless/talents/skills in pvp because of just freaking downgrade the dmg

5 Likes

I’d happily let them remove chill streak, I’ve barely managed to get it to work in Arena since it’s so easily avoided. I’m playing arena for fun with a Resto Shaman that has no keybinds so pls don’t judge, I just want my damage to at least be competitive to freakin Paladins and Monks who can just tank through my hits.

2 Likes

Chill streak only works with discord and stuff, pug life says hi.

3 Likes

I’m going by limited memory here as I quit my DK in MoP.

I think pillar of frost used to be 20% strength basic on a one minute cool down and with a glyph it could be raised to 25% unless it was a trait or something, that would help the DPS a lot.

Buff obliterate so it goes back to its original weapon damage which was 280% if I remember correctly and if dual wielding make the secondary strike do frost damage.

Make Icebound fortitude go back to 50% damage reduction and on a 1 min cooldown but make it cost runic power again.

Remove wraith walk and deaths advance and bring back presences and allow frost presence and unholy to have different benefits again such as frost giving 15% damage increase and better runic power generation, allow unholy presence to never bring your movement to drop below 100% while active and give it back its 0.5 GCD reduction with the 15% movement speed buff.

Add blood presence again to what it used to be at the end of WOTLK but make each presence cost runes again so they can’t be spammed in combat.

Allow death strike to heal a minimum of 30% HP with each use but give it a few seconds cooldown and cost two death runes so it can’t be spammed but will still allow the death knight to have some old survivability like the class used to have but limit the amount healed. (Still allow it to refresh cooldown on killing blows though.)

Increase frost strikes weapon coefficient back to what it used to be at the end of Wrath and allow 2h frost to be viable again.

These would make it playable again in PvP and PvE.

4 Likes

I really want FDK to be buffed by blizz. At least give us a change to play 2h obli or DW obli and compare with UNH
We were forced to play BoS for a long time - maybe it’s time to change ?
But tbh we all know that DEV’s dont give a **** about us, forums or frost death Knight

3 Likes