Bump this if you want frost dk to get a fair buff!

These are some fantastic suggestions, I really like the Whelp part since we barely get any damage from ghoul. I wish you were in charge of the spec!

I think you really hit the nail on the head here from my own experience as frost dk. The idea that the unpruning did very little for frost is very clear now and especially with the talents. (Though I would like to add that the addition of baseline Frostwyrm Fury was really nice). I didn’t really cross my mind to compare Epidemic and Glacial Advance but it really shows an unfair difference in the very completeness of the kit.

I also agree with a lot of other people that Obliterate should baseline cleave with DnD so you’re not forced into Night Fae if you want to be effective with obliteration build.

I don’t really agree with most people that frost needs a huge rework since it is a fun spec, which is most important for me. But a lot of issues with the spec was really enlightened by your ideas. I really hope devs see your comment. Thank you.

1 Like

I get the feeling frost needs a few tweaks to get up to a great spot.
PvE we just need a little buff to our damage, example buffing PoF duration back to 15 seconds like it was before, and perhaps add back the pre-october nerf AP calculation on Obliterate

PvP on the other hand is a much different story, however quite alot of the problems can be solved by removing the PvP nerfs they added in BFA that are still active for some unknown reason. (DS Heal, PoF 13% instead of 20% etc)

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t speak at all for pvp since I am a strictly PvE player. But the times I have played for weekly it hasn’t been great.

But I think that’s mostly because I suck and haven’t bothered to look at meta this expansion and so on. I can’t personally blame the class for that. But I have seen very few frost dk pvp players, which I guess says everything you need to know about the spec for pvp.

1 Like

U watch :stuck_out_tongue:

in S2 they’ll buff BoS by 60% it’ll become mandatory, then it’ll be nerfed by 50% and it’ll go back to what it is now lol

2 Likes

Bump !

Blizzard please consider making Venthyr and Necrolord covenant abilities do Shadowfrost damage, this feedback has been given to you many many times and it makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

while chillstreak exists none of the buffs asked will happen.

remove the cursed spell already so the “baseline” frost can get changes for pvp

3 Likes

are you joking? UH needs big buffs not Frost

2 Likes

Well, in short, we’re not in a really bad spot. Frost is decent and you can make it work, the biggest flaw is that our defensives are so gimped compared to other classes.

A lot comes down to Chillstreak plays and knowing how to expertly utilize it, and even then it’s really easy for your opponent to break it by just moving a few yards away from each other.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that actually happened.

1 Like

It’s sad how they treat one of their hero classes.

I can’t find anything to make me think - that class does that retarded damage with one button, but I can do this retarded thing so it’s OK -

2 Likes

Bump.

Blizzard please consider making Venthyr and Necrolord covenant abilities do Shadowfrost damage.

Please look at frost DKs representation in high M+ keys and mythic raids.

Please consider changes that would matter to PVE if you’re scared of frost DKs getting too strong in PVP.

1 Like

buff necrotic strike too

2 Likes

Bump.

This topic needs to stay on top.

Our breath of sindragosa is nowhere near as strong as better DPS specs cooldowns (Fire mages, MM hunters, Boomkins…).

Our Obliteration burst windows are not good enough for difficult packs and don’t bring enough punch with the prideful buff.

Icecap is so weak it’s unusable.

The frostwyrm fury legendary puts it on a 1m30 cooldown which is not in line with our Pillar it needs to be 1 minute for us to be able to use it more frequently whilst aligned with Pillar for burst AOE + aoe stun, or it will remain a pvp legendary only for the stun.

Right now our sustained aoe isn’t good either, relying on remorseless winter, our dot and our rime procs and the avalanche talent.

We’re not good enough in single target, not good enough in burst AOE, not good enough in sustained AOE, and the covenant abilities don’t even do frost damage to benefit from our mastery.

Blizzard if you’re reading this I think quite a few DKs are afraid frost DKs are becoming a PVE meme spec. People are starting to out right refuse grouping up with frost DKs in PVE because the spec is perceived as being just too bad and belonging only in pvp.

1 Like

I think frost would be more me. I also played it in legion. But i won’t pick a spec that will lower my dps. I’m not the best to begin with.
But the game seems ridiculesly unbalanced. I recall seeing a monk going in and aoe a group of mobs in about 1-2 secs. He was able to kill a group faster, than i killed 1 mob

1 Like

Bump.

One more thing, if you go to < raider . io > and check the timed keys leaderboard for dps specs on +10 or higher and +15 or higher, frost DK is the third least desirable dps spec in the game in mythic + we only beat survival hunters and assassination rogues.

Shadowlands is a great expansion, loving the content, the pace, the story, and obviously the amazing aesthetics. I’d just love to be able to not play a very subperforming spec without respeccing or rerolling.

Hope you’re reading the forums Blizzard.

1 Like

Many people suggest very good changes that will help the spec… Major overhaul in some cases. This was the case also durring beta. Nothing changed then… nothing will change now. Its was clear that Blizzard will not do such major changes now. Maybe next expansion. We need to hope just for fixes on what we currently have. The frost gameplay is ok. Its smooth and we have enough to work with. Now we need some propper buffs. All i want is a revert to Pillar of frost nerfs and obliterate dmg. Before that nerf the spec felt amazing on 220ilvl in beta.

and yet it was not in the same league as paladins, sub rogues, Mm hunters warriors etc etc and we got a double critical nerf to both obliterate scaling, Pillar duration and Cooldown, even if they increased the initial STR gain.

This is the glaring issue, and proof to me that they hate us

yeah exactly. In pvp we were able to set up and do 15k obliterates. That obv was too strong. Had to be nerfed…
oh wait… some classses can pull out 30-40k dmg in 2 globals now. Hmmm…

1 Like

Indeed, would’ve been too strong because of how often we can pull those obliterates once per minutes, sadly it was a little too much.

Guess they were so focused on nerfing DK’s they totally forgot to fix the 2 globals classes

Buff, rework, I’d take whatever…

I started the expansion with high hopes, going in with 2H oblit build, then going DW, and now I’m back at square one with DW BoS.

I don’t enjoy BoS, just to be clear.

In m+ it does okay damage if I can manage the cd, but it feels so much more effort for a “competent” dps compared to other classes, and again the reward is “competent” dps with a supposedly high risk build. Also I suspect, being able to keep up is thanks to Death’s Due from covenant.

For raiding, I could hold middle of the pack for some time, but as people catch up with gear, I get lower and lower, and thats kinda depressing. And of course, I am trying to improve as a player too, but it seems so much effort for not much gain to be honest.

I think an overall buff to some numbers is very much due, if not giving us more options in gameplay:

• We have no execute ability.
  • We have no AoE RP spender
  • Our only AoE rune spender, Frostscythe is a talent, which is close if not worse than Avalanche.
  • No passive support skill.

My ideas for the class:

• RP spender where a frostwhelp spits an AoE dmg puddle on the ground.
  • High rune cost execute ability, which refund runes when used under x% hp,
    maybe summoning a runeblade to impale the enemy?
  • Passive raidwide buff along the lines of magic damage reduction, converting damage taken to resource, maybe even a debuff which grants a chance for extra dmg done on the enemy.
  • Maybe a new more exciting mastery for the class, maybe wild imp like frostwhelps.

Also some changes for the class as it is:

• Frost fever should deal increasing dmg the lower enemy HP is.
  • BoS changed to an RP spender with fix short duration, if not instant dmg.
  • Frostscythe dealing extra damage through Remorseless Winter.
  • Remorseless winter dmg nerf, but lower cd and generating RP, and changing Frostscythe to RP spender.

In conclusion I feel like Frost DK is just forgotten. I mean it’s a such minor thing, but Frost Strike has no colorsplash effect since the prepatch in october, it tells me there isn’t even a minimal care here, and they won’t even communicate anything, I would be happier if they said, it’s gonna stay like this *** now.

4 Likes

Keep in mind 15 k on 220+ Ilvl is not supermuch, its alot that’s for sure, but Hp pools might be larger, also take into account that those 15 k hits hits you once, then a global if you are still in melee range with frost strike… then again for 15 k. 4+ sec window right there, the usual amount of critical obliterates within obliteration window is…2? 3? perfect world 4-5, but if thats the case the target is up in your rear and you need to spend CD’s and some cases a global on ghoul sac etc etc.

All things considered it’s a step below on what has transpired through the expansion thus far, and i woud in no doubt bet money that if we where not slapped with the targeted and spiteful october nerf we would have threads here spammed about how OP we are, while in truth such damage is very strong, Death strike is still in the same state, we are the squishiest melee class vs any other melee period etc etc.

I get that you want to keep some semblance of balance and respect varg but the clownshow we are currently in does not even deserve any decorum or civilized manners atleast in my view.

1 Like