Burn HIllsbrad canceled

I had to re-read the IC part again and to me it seemed like it was written from one persons perspective (well, duh…). And we all know how limited view one person can have. Yeah, it’s so narrow it’s mindblowing. No matter how open minded or “I see the big picture” they might wanna think they are.

So, in that sense, I think the IC story wasn’t actually trying to force everyone to think that if horde loses, alliance controls the area RP-wise, or the other way around. It was just one persons view on the thing and how she thought the outcome would be, if alliance didn’t “fight back” now.

So yeah, it has RP elements and it’s up to people to get immersed by it. If it conflicts with someone elses view how RP should be, then what can I say… deal with it? Reavan gotta deal with it? I don’t know… since everyone has their own idea what RP should or shouldn’t be.

And realistic? Why not? Could easily imagine that rotting corpse queen ordering hordies for stupid attacks or guard duties in areas where alliance will fight them. What reason would it be? Who knows, since we all know most lore characters are just downright retarded and idiotic, who make stupid mistakes all the time, or refuse to co-operate with someone just because “me right, u wrong!” crap attitude.

Perhaps the order was given, so there would be more corpses for those bodywagons, more rotting meat for the banshee queen? Just mindless slaughter without anyone but her winning. Hordies being manipulated to those areas where they’d be slaughtered, while some allies would most likely die too… All kinds of RP reasons why this would happen and in war, single soldier usually has 0 clue what’s going on in that “big picture”, so what do they know? Ordered to guard or attack some meaningless outpost? Ok, let’s follow them orders!

The football part was just suggesting how it has certain rules now, which could be changed to make it something else. This even has certain rules now, which make it as it is, and to change them would create another event.

Some changes would be good, some not. Point is, if this is the way Reavan want to lay down the rules, then that’s how it is. If many horde guilds have already decided not to come, then they have voted with their gametime and thought fighting allies in a battle where there are no rewards or anything, is a waste of time. Just like any other event where nobody gets rewarded…

If this event was more fair, they’d still have no rewards. Just time wasted fighting allies, just like now. What, all of a sudden people actually think the reward was that their faction owns the zone now completely? What are they expecting to accomplish anyway by joining or not joining? A WPvP fights?

That they will get regardless of the rules or who wins. What else? Certainly not control of the zone, that we can all agree on. Loot? No. Something else, gold perhaps? No. Bragging rights? Well, not really, since we already agreed that this was unfair fight and allies can’t really brag about “winning” this when we have the advantage. But then again, if horde “wins”… oh boy the bragging rights on that… “Haha lol allies, you lost even when you had higher lvl guards! Sucks to be you!” :joy:

So to say this event is bad or badly done is subjective. If I was horde I’d still try to join, because I’d like to fight in WPvP event, no matter if it was unfair or not (even so if I’d be with the other underdogs!). Personally I don’t care which side wins or loses, it’s all about having some war going on and possibly even some fancy tactics that could create nice little stories.

What are we actually expecting to happen? Other than factions fight it out? What’s the result, since we agreed that no 1 person can god-RP others to obey where they can travel and what areas are owned by what faction? There is none. Other than those stories about how the fight went and perhaps some RP events with soldiers of that fight talking about it.

Why are we even talking about this…? If people come, they come. If not, then so be it. Next even could be worse or better, but this one is how it is. Nothing goes to waste here, other than few minutes on forum writing stuff and “arguing” how badly this was planned, which is just completely irrelevant.

1st: It could go well. Can’t say for 100% certain it’s a bust.
2nd: Take it as some scenario with certain rules and if unhappy with this, create one of your own with different rules. Sky’s the limit.
3rd: Come, or don’t. Nobody is forcing anyone and people should realize this isn’t about who “wins”, because there’s nothing actually to win. Just the fun of fighting and if people think it’s not fun because it’s unfair, then by all means, no reason to attend to it. No harm done that way and those who won’t join wasted no time. They’d most likely be online anyway doing something else…

1 Like

Can no good initiative and thread be left unspoiled without the mistress of oppsositions prancing to turn it into a pile of droppings?

Is it hard to simply state that you’re interested, or not interested, without always remarking, questioning and suggesting everyones ideas and motives?

This forum has turned sour fast when it comes to these lovely events and community-created events, sadly, due to the pest that is Elisande.

Great idea and i’ll be there Nataliya! On my classical version of me!

2 Likes

It’s all Reavan who’s bringing us this event. I will be there just to throw (shoot) couple of slugs at the enemy! :sweat_smile:

I love you hater <3

It’s fine just turn up and have a good time

Guys, keep these posts short and sweet. I lose interest easily.

Elisande speaks da trooth!

Seriously… reavan is like " i have a cool pvp event for everyone, here are the rules: alliance gets a nice base, horde gets a base with alliance mobs. Horde are not allowed to use any gear, they need to sit still so reavan can take aim and swing without missing."
Elisande: “thats unfair and wont be fun! Lets make it a little more fair”
Reavan: “Who cares if horde gets destroyed? Thats the point of my awesome event!”
Me: facepalm

Thx for the fun read though facepalm

3 Likes

Event canceled

I’m sorry you feel this way. It’s tough to have your events undergo heavy scrutiny; it can make you feel like folks are being ungrateful for your efforts, but I for one choose to believe that the people who criticized this event did so in good faith, with the goal of making it a success enjoyed by all. Some of you could certaunly work on your tone, though; the last thing you want when you give someone feedback is make them want to give up; it entirely defeats the point.

Here’s hoping you change your mind and organize more events in the future. I would certainly be thankful for it.

1 Like

Yeah its not just this, im quiting in general, the game is great but i joined for the community and at least on alliance it has been very very disapointing.

The guild has been rough too, people leaving to join raid guilds constantly, replacing them and they quit too etcetcetc.

That and some of the trash ive had to deal with, its kinda shocking to be honest, the community is nothing like before.

So event is off because im not here, feel free to organise without me though!
If you do have fun.

It’s too bad your experience on our server has been disappointing, but I understand your reasons for wanting to quit. Oh well - happy trails; you’re always welcome to try Horde if you want a change of pace.

1 Like

Mate seriously…
Server has about 60k people playing.
Of those about 59.500 were not aware of your event.
4 or 5 said it’s great but could be better.
And 1 said it’s bad.

And you come up with “I quit and community is trash”?
Think it over on a cool head, take a day off and come back.

Server needs players like you and all you have to do is ignore anything that spoils your fun and move on.

Cheers

6 Likes

Ive been having a bad time.
For reasons i stated above.

Sad times, no doubt :confused: Here’s hoping tho that you’ll join us here in ZT for wpvp and general horde-bashing!

Wish you all the best!

I agree with some of the reasons stated against your event here, before planning one its better to consult with both sides to avoid disadvantages to the other faction. It’s pity to quit over this anyways, good luck!

I just think elisande made some good suggestions that would make the event more interesting and fair, which would have led to more attendees, and you didnt even consider them. Shrug Just seems like it was more important to you to have it your way than make it fun for everyone.

Ive had a great experience on this server, there are people of all kinds, guilds of all kinds, and im having a BLAST. I think you need a chillpill. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be out of character from what I’ve seen from him/her before on this forum.

3 Likes

psst, it’s better on Horde… join us…

no

1 Like

Ive been having a bad time.
For reasons i stated above.

Of course you’ve been… you never tried us out :wink: