Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

It remains unclear by what criteria some servers are selected for a free transfer, while others are not?
I haven’t played Gehennas for a long time. I paid for a monthly subscription to check and found out with horror that there was absolutely no Alliance on Gehennas. The Alliance just disappeared. Although, when I started from the very beginning, the proportion between the fractions was about 50/50. And what does Blizzard offer me? Pay again for the transfer for a reason that arose not through my fault?
I have four characters of level seventy with upgraded professions on my account. All of them are like family to me, and for what reason am I now forced to choose one person to transfer to the server, where I can at least find a party for five people?
Here is my suggestion. Blizzard should be able to give all players who can do free transfers to wherever they want! If this company hasn’t been able to keep the faction balance on their servers in good shape over the years, then we shouldn’t be paying our money for their gaffes! And this is not a matter of money, but a matter of principle and respect for your audience.

3 Likes

The situation on sone of the PVP realms is really bad.
As far as i know, it’s a similar situation on „Patchwerk“, too.

Imho, instead of trying to“help“ our RP Realms (which never asked for help, needed help, or wanted help) they should try and figure something out for alliance players on Realms like yours.
I don’t knownhow you want to do even basic stuff like quests, daily, farming herbs, reaching dungeon entries and so on.
Even if only every 10th horde player decides to have some PVP, you are more busy with reviving your char, then anything else :persevere:
YOU actually have a big issue on your realms.
Blizzard should focus on that…

2 Likes

Maybe August 9 is the day the Wrath prepatch hits and Blizz do not want us to do Realm first whatever on an empty realm and them move to a full realm - If this is the case, they could just close the free (and paid for that matter) transfer from Celebras, HW and ZT and still “consolidate” all the PvP realms.

3 Likes

Soon :tm:
When will this happen? I want to see if I’ll continue to play WoW at all, and I have not many days of my sub left.

4 Likes

Really hope this happens sooner rather than later. Extremely good change, long overdue.

Don`t forget, that for many, many players Raids, Dungeons, BG, Arena (Gladiator, …) is, what gives them fun.
Some more casual, some more progress/Hardcore.

That`S the reason, why you need a huge playerbase on PVP/PVE realms, because even if you can in theory raid with 20 people - if 10 want to raid casual, the other 10 progress, you have a problem.

The realm internal competition (who is part of the best Arena team on this reaml? Who`s realmfirst with a raid?) is, on top, part of their fun.

I think, the main intention from Blizzard was, to make sure, everyone can have fun with Wrath.

To leave the 19 empty PVE/PVP realms open, was not an option to them.

The RP Community was just overlooked.

If our realms had developed in a slightly different way, i think there wouldn`t have been any outcry.
This was just not predictable for them.

This is the reason, why i hope that Blizzard might change their mind with our realms, if they realize, we have fun on a completly different way

3 Likes

I know I’m the odd man out - but there should be room and servers for people NOT wanting the densely populated PvP or even PvE realms and not caring about Raids/Arenas an so on. I did most of this first time aaround, now all I want is to chill, and some very soft RPing. As it is now, I’ll have to learn Russian to have fun in Wrath, because Chromie is the only low pop PvE realm.
If they just leave the RP servers be, everyone is happy.

1 Like

Yes, I would leave on PVE/PVP on low, too, but i expect the community on this realm to be upset :laughing:

The rP realms would be the logical choice to leave as an alternative… :innocent:.

1 Like

“We will post a full list of retiring realms and their destinations soon.”

soonTM

1 Like

Before I forget and your subscription runs out:

It was nice to meet you again :slight_smile: :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Too bad we parted ways back then - I never really ventured into the English RP realms. :confused:

Even though my English isn’t good enough for real, in-depth RP, I regret not “visiting” the communities there.
From the forum here you make a very nice impression. :white_heart:

1 Like

Thank you and I could say the exact same thing only the other way around. Celebras sounds like a real home away from home, and I’m sorry that my German is not good enough for RP purposes.
It’s nice to have “known” you even if too short.
My Tauren Wunderhorn will probably stay on Celebras when it closes down, as noone on HW seems interested in a goodbye party. So I might prolong my sub one month at a time just for that.

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You are cordially invited for a goodbye party on Celebras :slight_smile:

I will definitely be there, unless something comes up (sick in bed…).

But if Blizzard still has a mercy and leaves the realms, I would still invite you.
Then for a “we are happy” party. :blush:

Your German is not good enough for RP, my English is not either, so what could go wrong - sounds like a good match. :wink:

1 Like

no, you guys are supposed to cap hellfire towers for us

Could this also be done to the classic-era realms? There is a tiny- albeit active population still playing spread out on the servers. If consolidated into a few servers instead of 20 it would be highly appreciated.

The era realms are already connected.
1x RP-PVE
1x RP-PVP
1xPVP
1xPVE

:slight_smile:
they just kept the realms so that everyone can keep the character name

Edit: But i know, that at least on my RP realm the few players still do dungeons etc.
Maybe you somehow need to “find” each other…

2 Likes

They are already merged -and if they did this the option to have 50 players per realm should be included!
I’ll have to corredct Malou here:

We could logically ask for the 2 x PvP clusters to be merged to one, but that would be the most we could ask for.
I like the name reason. Yes to keeping our names!

1 Like

i know they are connected via sharding (like retail), but the shards for Era dont share AH, only lets you group with other players, which is a bummer for economy. It would be better to either tweak the sharding to include AH, or simply just merge it all.

The simple solution:
Marge ALL era PvE and PvP servers into ONE server.
Marge ALL era RP servers into ONE server.

tldr: 2 era servers total instead of 20+

EU English PvP clusters are two, yes, but one is populated, the other not.

As per Blue post:

The one with Flamelash and Dreadmist is the unpopulated cluster

Nope:
Merge allPvE into one
Merge all PvP into one
Or make only one PvE server.

And in any case leave the RP servers alone.

This is simply not true. I can in my AH see auctions from the 2 other PvE servers.

2 Likes

Aaahhh! :bulb:

Some time ago I was curious about the era realm population on the EU realms, and just picked randomly one PVP realm - Firemaw, if I remember correctly
Guess i chose the right one :smiley:

:+1:

I just wanted to write: They NEVER merged a PVE and a PVP realm before, this won`t happen.
But well… :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

They actually did with the KdV cluster recently. But at this time there where no more RP PvP Realms.

1 Like