Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

If it was my own decision, they might aswell just delete it and make a fresh realm, or just merge realms as they actually should do and that is it. Nobody plays in Hydraxian Waterlords anyway, and whoever does, should check twice on both the bubble of roleplayers that have already moved on to retail (spoilers, almost everyone), and the amount of PVE content done by the ones that were there already.

The realm won’t revive and it’s just how it is. It tried to revive with TBC’s release, and it only died down faster. And even if DKs are masters in necromancy, they won’t be able to raise it back, sadly.

I think, this should be the decision of the remaining players. :slight_smile:

Blizzard was about to kill all RP realms, and does not do it, due to player feedback. :hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

If the players who move or are on Hydraxian Waterlords are happy, that should be enough - every one else can choose a different realm :wink:

A friend of mine asked me to play on Firemaw with him, and i hate it sooo much
All of those people make me feel uncomfortable/unsecure. And nervous. So, so, so, so, so many player :sweat_smile:

Personally i would prefer to keep Celebras alive, too (a bit bigger Community, but well) beccause there are germans who don´t speak english.
And even on Celebras people tell us, they would delete the realm.

Why? My friends already cancelled their sub, because they prefered their tiny realm.

I would have loved to have a Classic Era, a TBCC era and a Wrath Celebras… even if the community is small.

I do not care about dungeons and raids. I do not have much time to play, but i like nostalgia and to do stuff i did a long time ago… with players who passed away during the addon :broken_heart: (RIP), players who have now health issue and which whom i played a long time from Classic up to MOP.

Everyone who prefers bigger realms, has many to choose from…

2 Likes

And I have like 2 characters levelled up in Hydraxian picking up dust because I can’t just transfer them like they say they are going to do. But I suppose that will have to wait. Oh, well.

You have been able to take FCT from HW (and Celebras and ZT and some low pop PvP realms too) since February … that’s what killed it off.
Free transfer off HW is still active as of now.

The new thing - not yet implemented is a FCT to HW because - Light help us - it will be the only EU RP realm surviving the carnage of August 10.

Let Celebras live!

4 Likes

As Vanillataur said:

If it is not possible right now, then they probably prepare the new transfers.

But you have had a long time, to move your characters if you wanted too…

1 Like

I just tested, still active :frowning: from HW

1 Like

Then i do not understand what the problem is :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Consider opening free transfers TO Zandalar Tribe, not FROM. The free transfer option has been there since forever, so the ones who remain on the server are people who are there by choice at this point. We like it here, we have memories here, and we had a future here. Doesn’t make sense to rob us of this imo, especially as the only RP-PvP alternative in EU.

6 Likes

The Celebras community is unhappy, too.

Almost none (i know) will move to Hydraxian Waterlords.
There was a reason why we wanted a german one- nothing changed on that

Who couldn´t speak english 3 years ago, can´t speak english today, too…

5 Likes

This would be a sensible option as well, 1 RPPvP realm - ZT and 1 RP Normal realm - HW.

2 Likes

It’s been understood poorly. From before February, you could free transfer, when the option opened up, from low pop PVP realms to PVP or PVE realms. I know because I did that myself. But we also knew that the “restriction”, which was how it had always worked years before this, is that you could never transfer from PVE to PVP realms.

Which is the reason why it should be changed now, in general. If the “restrictions” for normal transfers are taken out (Which they are), it should be the same for Free transfers, not limit them even more. It’s senseless.

Hello Kaivax :slight_smile:

We just heard a rumor regarding SOM/Realm Consolidation that Realm Consolidations were also planned in regards to Classic Era Realms. :grimacing: :flushed:

Can you say something about this? I can’t find the post in question…

I know this was not your intention, :hearts: but the retirement of our RP realms (in my bubble, of course, Celebras :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:), has felt like a dagger in the back, so the nerves are currently on edge with us :wink:

This announcement, has given me a lot of gray hair.
If you now also touch the Classic Era RP realms, I get a bald head. :wink: :tired_face:

I don’t want to rule out that someone misunderstood something…

Can you comment on whether you have anything planned regarding the RP Era realms with the end of SOM? :pleading_face:
My nerves can’t take it anymore :worried:

2 Likes

I mean I let it now go through my head as it will be likely a German English Realm. But personally I will first try Razorfen as they have more names available for me then HW and my current alliance raid group will transfer there too.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Thank you for this information.

I’m not sure what I will do - my guild plays only on German realms, and only on RP realms.
I won’t try to convince some 60 y.o. to move to an english realm and they just can’t stand normal PVE realms.

There’s no way they’re going to leave Cele.

I do not want to move my chars without them, therefore i am bit stuck…

I guess I’ll just wait and, if necessary, write a ticket to delete my chars before the realm merge, after the realms shut down…

Let’s see. I still have a little hope left… :slightly_frowning_face:

Razorgore was where my horde chars were before Cele was announced :grin:
And Lakeshire my alliance chars :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

No ZT andCelebras.The German RP realm deserves to survive. I’d willingly go there,even if my German is less than stellar - and I sometimes forget and speak English when visiting, sorry kind Orc in Thuunderbluff and thanks for answering kindly anyway.

6 Likes

Any idea when this will happen? So far we still have free transfers AWAY from Hydraxian, which feels very wrong.

Not everyone likes to play on tiny Realms. IMHO Blizzard should leave the transfers open, so that no one is “stuck” (and complains about the “dead” realm).
Would cause other issues in the long run later. :wink:

:hearts:

You are so kind… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
IMHO Blizzard decided, to do it right - not only for the current RP community, but those who might come back with Wrath, too.
An EU realm has the best options to unite as many role players as possible. I think, after their decision to keep the RP alive in EU, they try to give the community the best chance they can to recover. :hearts:

Unfortunately they forgot or didn´t know about the language barrier in germany - and that the RP community apparently is a bit older and doesn´t speak english and isn´t used to multilangual realms - who only played Warcraft the last decade, didn´t have the need to learn/get used to this playstyle.

The only chance is, that they decide to do the tiny german speaking minority the favor of their own RP realm (and that it definetly would be: a huge favor. As Hydraxian Waterlords already is :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hearts: :heart_eyes:).

Do I understand that correctly, that you visited Celebras yesterday?
In that case we apparently had the same idea :sweat_smile: :see_no_evil:
I created chars yesterday on Zandalar Tribe and Hydraxian Waterlords :smile:
HW is not as empty as I had in mind. Either i have had already unlucky times when i tried, or there are some players back, or it was just particularly busy yesterday…

Btw: There are really a lot of names already given on HW. Mine might be sitting on my second BNet account but every alternative i could think of was already given, too. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Especially if so the transfers FROM HW and TOO HW are then open AT THE SAME time. That would really increase botting and would invite farming tourists. Though it would come close to an idea that regulary pops up in Retail. It would be then an own RP Phase. If Blizzard does not restrict it, it would look like this maybe:
“Oh I want to do daily dungeon. Okay just transfer now to Razorfen where I parked my name and look there for a group…done now back to the chilled HW for some RP.
Oh I just see today is Tuesday. That means raidday. Okay then transfer to Razorfen again.
3 hours later
And another raid only half cleared. Now back too HW again and…wait why is my name…did I not create the save dummy? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
So what Surname should I give now Kraktor?
Well I hope this is only another tourist and tomorrow Kraktor will be free again.”

1 Like

There were always locks, if i remember correctly, how often you can transfer a character within a given time…

I do not think this would be a huge issue - but you are right. :thinking:

Only for Paid Transfers. For free Transfers the only limit you have is how fast your character gets transfered. So for example you have a free transfer from HW to Razorfen and from Razorfen to HW. If you are bored you could just transfer your character back and forth and watch it goes away the whole day long. You can even use paid transfer after a free transfer or a free transfer after a paid one.