Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

Will this include the 90 day restriction to be relaxed to something less or not?

Isn’t Bloodfang the server that had this big reroll event on Reddit? Boy did that fail huh.

What does that mean? Firemaw is still locked… my mate already got a 39 lock on my server, but is unable to get his Mage and priest transfered here… it makes absolutely 0 sense. I mean… a 39 char, is taking up just as much space… as a 70. And when it says the restriction has been lifted, i thought that meant all?

Restriction removed meant you can have both Alliance AND HORDE on ONE PvP Server.
That whas not possible before as you had to decide for one Faction on those Faction War servers and so are unable to be a spy that gives missinformation. Or flame the ganker that killed you for hours.
But with WotLK it whas decided that only have one faction per Server makes no sense as you could just create a second account and the transfer from PvE to PvP whas allowed as you just could level up on a server with heavily faction surpremancy.
But Firemaw being locked means there are to many people on the server and you should better GTFO and search yourself another server. If your mate is so hellbent and stay on this boat that is bursting at the seams, than he has to manually level each character. Or both of you search yourself another server that is not so overfilled.

1 Like

Agreed,

@Kaivax

all of the other realms have notifications they will have transfers, but you haven’t mentioned Ashbringer or Razorgore, both of which are really struggling.

Are these your designated destination realms for the other servers or are you just leaving us as a failsafe? If that is the idea, then can you at least give us free transfers from these 2 realms, because currently as horde, they are unplayable.

3 Likes

The target realms will have a „healthy“ population according to Aggrend.
That means no low population realms and probably no medium.
The german Patchwerk (the last low pop, when Celebras is gone) has similar issues.
Alliance almost extinct, Horde at least somehow active, but now low.

Many (maybe not all, but many) players, especially on Alliance side, wish this realm would be merged (leads to the situation that Cele and Patchwerk player sit in the same thread, the Patchwerk players begging their realm to be merged, the Cele players their realm not to be merged :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Well patchwerk alliance doesn’t trust Blizz action anymore. The last few remaining heavily consider Blizzards money grab with the 30% off. So in the end Blizz is winning with that greedy strategy. Would laugh if free transfers are immediately enabled after the 30% discount expired. That would be the greatest moneygrab in history.

“Low” pop server & horrible faction balance are not present issues in the eyes of Blizzard.

I just wrote a suggestion, via the ingame tool, but i want to add here:

Please don’t delete Celebras!
I can’t believe Blizzard wants to go into Wrath without an RP-Server for the german language. It is not the biggest server, but not the smallest.
Since i started playing in Wrath i wanted to enjoy that time again to the fullest extend. But doing this with the Botboosters, having to pay gold for raids etc. … that’s kinda meh.
The players on Celebras lend their aid, without thinking about a reward and on top of it; they make the world feel immersive!
They deserve to keep their home. And if not, Blizzard should atleast clarify, if they really plan, to have no german RP-Server at all, going forward.

5 Likes

What I really want to know, after you opened the free transfers TOO Hydraxian Waterlords, how long do you plan to let them open? Will they be open for months like the Transfers away too? Because currently the HW community really make my mouth watering and I think if I should go there instead to Razorfen or Lakeshire like the majority. So I am curious how long will Blizzard give us the option to have an emergency exit if the other realms turn out to full?

2 Likes

I am pretty sure like all other transfers: until the realms will be deleted. everything else wouldn`t make sense. :slight_smile:

:heart:

4 Likes

Free transfer to Hydraxian Waterlords is still not up. Please open it.

Or even better: Let Celebras live!!!

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Greetings from the Zandalar Tribe and Celebras community: We would LOVE this was the case, because in that case, Blizzard would leave us and our tiny, happy communites alone. :wink:

Maybe… but i doubt it.

I had to remove my first answer, because it was way too long… slept only one hour today. :crazy_face:

I will try again :see_no_evil:

I am convinced, that Blizzard, and the Warcraft devs DO care about the players and the community. I even said this before Blizzard decided to leave at least Hydraxian Waterlords open (but not the first few days after the announcement that they will kill Celebras :laughing:)
But i am 100000% convinced that they DO.

Look at us roleplayers. We are a tiny faction in classic WoW Eu. And nevertheless they first opened Celebras - and now reconsidered their decision, to close all RP realms.

Let´s face it… no one does talk about it, but every one knows it: Even if all Roleplayers would unite on Hydraxian Waterlords (what is NOT going to happen), this realm will still be way too tiny and would be, usually, killed.

I actually did not expect that they would react THAT fast (i mean, two weeks? This IS fast… i thought, if at all, there would be a response mid july :smile:)

It took them two weeks to get our feedback, consider our feedback (they could have just ignored it), decide to reverse their decision and keep at least one realm open.

And they just could have written „ok, we understood, at least one RP realm would be nice. We will open transfers from Celebras and Zandalar Tribe, bye bye have fun.“

But they don’t, they actually reversed their decision. There will be free transfers from all realm, to give the RP community the chance to reunite again after the free transfers, and to make sure, that the tiny RP community has the best start possible.
This is more then I ever expected. :hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If Blizzard does care about such a tiny faction of the playerbase, they FOR SURE care about the bigger communites on Patchwerk and co, too. :slight_smile:

However, the thing with the trust… i think, that´s the bigger issue.
The trust is gone in my little bubble, too.

I am rather sure, they already had in mind to kill Celebras, Zandalar Tribe and Hydraxian Waterlords months ago.
Aggrend wrote, they first opened free char transfers away if a realm was too low for a longer time.
What did they expect???
That these realms would magically increase in numbers again and would be “healthy” (what they consider as healthy) again???
For sure not… they opened the transfers so that the players would leave, because they already passed the death sentence over our realms :angry: :cry: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

I know A LOT of people in my small bubble who are angry and wrathful because of that. in their opinion, Blizzard did it, to harm the players on those realms. I don´t think so, i think they thought the players were unhappy.

But i think it is utterly unfair, ESPECIALLY since the players FIRST had to ask to get a RP-PVP at all, and then for 8 weeks until Celebras went live. That they treat the PVE and PVP differently - great i agree on that. Players on those realms have other wishes. but free transfers have a psychological effect, too (i had to calm down some players yesterday who wanted to transfer to Hydraxian Waterlords and were upset, because it wasn´t yet possible “do we have to pay for it?? there is no free one… no, it is still locked… can´t we transfer to HW??” and i was like: guys, they probably decided it two days ago, give them time at least until next week to open up everything again on Hydraxian Waterfords. Kaivax probably passed on the message as soon as he (he?) got it… :sweat_smile:).

To directly open the free transfers back then, BEFORE asking “what do you think? What if we open the free transfers… think about it, we will leave it open, you can leave when ever you want…” i think that would have had a different impact.
So, yeah, I know a LOT OF angry people.

I do think, still, that Blizzard had the best intentions. I will die on that hill :wink: :hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

The main problem is, i think, that our CMs are gone. How many are left? 4,5 US CMs?
There is no way they can read all feedback, even the english ones, let alone the german ones.
AFAIK the GMs are supposed to collect feedback now, too, addionally to the tickets.

But the impression the playerbase is:
There is no one listening anymore.
I mean, the common impression in the german form is: you can write here, it doesn´t make sense, but you can. maybe in the en forum. Maybe the feedback tool - but do not expect that there is really someone reading it.
there is just no one left who cares about the EU community.
let me say it straight: If your community feels the need, to use on top of your official ressources other platforms like Twitter and Reddit, to be heard, you know that you messed up your communication.

And i think, the feeling not to be heard, that there is no one left is the biggest issue here.

We have around 650 (!!!) posts in the German thread. Granted, there are some trolls (those with human skin, not with tusk :wink: ) and the fitting responses, but there are a lot of posts from German speaking Roleplayers, who do not speak English. I guess, their feedback will remain unheard…

To get rid of our CM (in Germany, Toschayju :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ) was IMHO one of the worst ideas they ever had. Even if he was only able to respond to the discussions in the board, and pass on feedback (in both directions) and some people claimed, the EU blues were „useless“, I am pretty sure, that we do not have them anymore (and I do not talk about one but the CM team we have had), was the worst idea ever. For communication, and PR.
If I read between the lines, many EU player, at least in Germany, think Blizzards opinion is: „forget the EU. We don’t care“.

That they do, our small RP realms are the best proof :hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But the connection is, or feels, broken.

I am sure, if Toshy was still there, he would have had passed along the information, that the Patchwerk player are really unhappy weeks ago.
And he would have passed the information, that the RP player for sure won’t be happy, even before the blue post went live.
Why?
Because the regional CM knew their communities.
With more GM and CM, the employees had the NECESSARY TIME to listen to the community. You just can´t expect the same “visibility” of blue posts and CMs, if there is only handful left for US and EU.

With our cms, blizzard could have asked „hey, player on low pop realms, are you happy?“

The Celebras response would have been: bit tiny, but great community. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:we :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:are :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:so :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: happy, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:thank :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Blizzard. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

The Patchwerk response would have been: :rage: :angry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :angry: :rage: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :smiling_imp: :imp: :skull: :poop:

That there is a huge gap between what Blizzard thinks, and the player think, you can see on Celebras.

(from: New German RP Realm – Celebras)
For the German RP community, Celebras is exactly what we had wished and had in mind.
The community is AMAZING.
I can compare my old, retail RP realm with Cele, and Cele is the most fun, the kindest, friendliest, most helpful community I have ever met.

Which makes it so „bitter“ for us, that Blizzard came to a different conclusion, because there was no one left who could pass on our feedback and they had to solely relay on data and numbers.:cry:
:broken_heart: :broken_heart::broken_heart: :broken_heart:

There is a HUGE mismatch what Blizzard thinks, and the playerbase does think. No one on Celebras did expect this, because we were happy. If there wasn´t a headline on Buffed: “Blizzard does KILL the ONLY GERMAN CLASSIC RP REALM!111!!” i wouldn´t even opened the thread, because i did NOT expect it.
In my (and every one else i know) opinion there was nothing to be done.

And for Patchwerk, it´s the otherway around: They WANT that something is done… but there is no one left, who could speak for them.

Again: I am sure, the GM, CM, and Devs do an AMAZING Job with trying to listen to the community and make them happy, as good as possible (TWO WEEKS from "we kill it " to “lets make sure as many roleplayers find back, as possible…” :hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

But this doesn´t change, that parts of the community feel left behind and not heard (including those Roleplayers, who can´t speak and understand english. there was a reason, why we were begging for Celebras - some of my guild are > 60 years old. They don´t speak english. They will never learn english. they do not NEED english… except wow, because there is no one left, who can speak up for them (except the remaining RP community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)).

And of course this is causing “trust issues…” and an unhappy playerbase. if you think you are left alone with your problems, and you are supposed to pay to solve it yourself, you are not happy…

(And to be clear: I do not think this. I think, the GM, CM and Devs are trying to listen to feedback, from everyone, as good as possible points to Celebras and Hydraxian Waterlords What i was talking about is the impression the playerbase, at least in parts, does have… but i DO think, they try to listen, and try to make as many players happy as possible… even the small, crazy minority like us role players… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hearts: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

3 Likes

As I made a post yesterday about it, I’ll talk about it again here straight away.

How come Free Transfers from low pop servers are not available to higher pop servers from any kind of realm yet? (From PVE to PVP, or viceversa)

Will this ever change? Because otherwise, the whole post and everything in regards to it is straight up confusing and misleading, giving confirmation that we will be able to transfer from any realm to any other realm but then not allowing the free transfers to work properly is not a solution, and even less when, right after TBC Classic was released, you were able to free transfer from a low pop PVP realm to ANY realm, at least.

But they are. Just look Celebras. Back since last November the free Transfers away from it are available and 50% of the Realms that are available are High Population realms. Actually I do not see it as a smart move of Blizzard to close all the RP Servers. While it may be not so pressureing in DACHL for PvE as Everlook is only High and the other two are Medium, for PvP it will be problematic as Venoxis is already Full and the question is if all the returning PvP Players will fitt on Transcendence.

3 Likes

Maybe that´s the reason why they did not yet close Patchwerk - if too many players come back and do not want to start from scratch :thinking:

But i am not sure if the Alliance side on Patchwerk is willing to wait that long…

2 Likes

You might want to check twice about it. I’ve been personally trying to transfer from any case with the free one, and no, it only works from low PVE to higher PVE, or low PVP to higher PVP, when a few days after TBC’s release you could transfer from low PVP to ANY PVE or PVP. Which is already a design flaw on its own, to be fair.

…and you STIIL cannot FCT from anywhere to HW!

Let Celebras live!

3 Likes

It is Blizzard, and it might sound like hate or despise towards their work, but it’s yet another case of “we do HALF of the work, and not clarify or do the rest at all”. It’s upsetting.

Leave them time :see_no_evil:

They decided probably this week, maybe the end of last week, to not delete Hydraxian Waterlords.

They have to remove all of the restrictions again first… i would not expect anything done before next week.

If they say, they will offer transfers to Hydraxian Waterlords and leave the realm intact, they will do it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes