Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

Wanna bet that this will destabilise pve realms too? It is an announcement to get some cash from the pve realm crowd. Gotta milk those dollars - They were happy for far too long.

1 Like

Oh man yes i have the same fears . The PvE realms have mantained a steady and healthy playerbase for nearly 3 years . Never played on any of these realms but i fear (but hope not) that lifting the restriction will kill them

Earthshaker is the only option to use paid transfer on and I wouldn’t say thousand or two Alliance players leaving Pyrewood or Mirage is going to change a lot.

Razorgore left alone again. :cry:

3 Likes

Thanks, remember gehennas alliance. I got nobody to play with there <3

3 Likes

On retail it went the opposite way over time. Some of the PvE realms became hugely populated and it killed off some of the more lesser populated PvP realms.
Reason was that they could transfer to the PvE realms without fear of permanently being locked away to transfer back incase their new homes would become bad.

Allow transfers between wow accounts on the same battle.net please, if you let us have horde and alliance on the same server.

3 Likes

Razorgore ignored again. Can someone explain why normal realms are getting reviews regarding free transfers when only two of them are smaller than Razorgore, one German + one English realm. The server is unplayable if you want to gear characters as a fresh 70, it takes forever to find groups and requires pestering your friends 24/7 to do basic 5 man content and even then you don’t get groups most of the time.

4 Likes

Oh no! I only just moved my main to HW in order to be able to actually play on Wrath launch! 3 PvE realms are not, have not been, and will not ever be enough!

I only just moved my main back to HW in order to be able to actually play on Wrath launch! Leaving my guild since Classic launch behind. Because I could not play on a High pop server.
I reckon you’re not opening 1 or 2 additional PvE servers?
So if you’re a PvE player, it’s High pop or nothing! No freedom of choice.

3 PvE English realms are not, have not been, and will not ever be enough!
It’s not for the money but I am not going to play on an highly populated server. I was looking forward to achievements, which I loved first time around, but no, nor going to happen now.
Bye Wrath, I stay in Classic Era.

/bonk @ Kaivax

TL;DR All 3 EU English normal realms are full. Please do not retire Hydraxian Waterlords!

And sorry for all the edists. This really hurt me!

2 Likes

“Additional” is the keyword here. It means that they WILL open free transfer from the realms mentioned in the list and then some additional (extra) to be determined at a later date - but these extra will only be from normal realms. Why this last? I don’t know.

They’re really about to dump all the dead players in Ashbringer and Razorgore and call it a wrap. FML.

2 Likes

What about transfers between different licenses on the same account? I mean, you need 2 licenses at the moment and with all those incomming changes, it whould be ridicolous to not change that also

Assuming the players on the dead realms being transferred off will get their name changed on the target migration realm? (RIP all the rare names!)

2 Likes

Hello Kaivax,

What you’ve written is quite concerning.

I’m the leader of a small and humble guild on Zandalar Tribe (ZT), an RP-PVP server. A guild that was made on February 7th of this year, a moment in the history of ZT where finding 10 people online on the server at once would have been difficult. We’ve struggled to get larger and today we have 125 accounts with around 10-20 people online in the guild in the evenings. We full clear ZA and Kara weekly… It’s something…

And it’s not just us. There are are a few other small casual guilds on the server and we help each other out (shoutout to my brothers who worship Hakkar and beg me for my blood all the time, the Soulflayers and the guild Enigma) . The situation we’re in isn’t always easy (we don’t even have a working Auction House) which only forces us to help each other more without any incentive of profiting and only helps in bringing the community closer and closer together.

Why am I saying all this? Well, we live in a bubble. A beautiful bubble. Unaffected by gold sellers. Unaffected by boost sellers. Unaffected by GDKP runs. Unaffected by the raiding standards in high populated servers. Some of us don’t have enchants, some of us do. Some of us don’t have good gear, some of us have better gear. And it’s ok. We help each other out as best as possible. It feels authentic.

It would be sad to see this come to an end.

There is a reason why we haven’t accepted the free transfers to highly populated servers. Yes, we like our situation and we love RP-PVP servers. And most of all, the server is seeing a slow increase in active accounts…

Why do I find this concerning? Well, I have a few questions.

1. You say this is for TBC, will this also be true for WOTLK?
  2. Will we be able to continue playing on ZT in WOTLK?
  3. Will RP-PVP servers cease to exist?

I speak for my guild, for the Soulflayers and for Enigma (as they have personally told me they feel the same way).

34 Likes

Kaivax and company! In short: levave the RP servers alone!

18 Likes

It’s probably marked as 1 of the destinations realms that will be auto-filled on August 10th.

Why should the game be broken for the whole playerbase, because 2 guilds wanna live in their little bubble on a dead realm?

1 Like

What sort of characters get auto-filled? The ones nobody bothered playing or transferring manually. That sort of minimal boost from a zero-pop server really isn’t going to magically save us. It would mean that we’d have to deal with the same problems for another 6 months, and I don’t think most people are down for that.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I’m slightly confused as to why keeping one RP-PVP server will affect the game for everyone else. Please enlighten me. :popcorn:

10 Likes