Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

With WOTLK there will be players returning that are not even aware of the realm mergers. They will simply log-in to find that their characters have been moved to a new realm. WOTLK will be a big boost. Blizzard is thinking ahead of time regarding these merges instead of focusing on today.

While this might be true, it will be only of short-term effect. Towards the end of P1 at latest, they will realise the existence of megaservers and the advantages they provide. And population situation will get the same as we have it today.

2 Likes

why do you keep making classic more and more retail?
Allow to have characters from both factions on one PVP account is so little “classic-ish” as it can be.
How many level 1 characters will send you angry whispers when you kill (or gank) them?

That’s actually the best part about ganking, isn’t it?

So we have to wait months in these dead servers, doing nothing, waiting for a hypothetical WOTLK boost while every other players get to actually play the game, do the new raid, enjoy the pre-patch with other players etc. How is this fair ?

2 Likes

It’s not fair and I never will say it is but it’s impossible to be fair in every scenario.

As a born and raised active Razorgore member I found the lack on information considering our realm’s future laughable at best, and plain sad at worst.

Razorgore has been bleeding members since the start of Phase 2 TBC. First the alliance left and with them started an upset in then healthy 3k horde population. First one guild, then two, then the majority of the server leaves over a 9 month period. Now we’re down in numbers of hundreds. The open world is vast and empty, materials are scarce in the Auciton House and will jump in price constantly due to natural increase in demand, for example Greater Planas Essences have gone from 5-7g to 20g because they simply ran out when raiders needed more enchants for gear.

Phase 5 brought some life back to the server but most of it has died off already with either lack of motivation to do dailies or transfers out. Our island is stuck at 20% progress phase 2 after 3 weeks of dailies, and our portal isn’t even halfway there yet. Warcraftlogs shows 7 different guilds have cleared at least the first boss in Sunwell Plateau, and there aren’t any others left to try.

Our guild, as with few others, have stuck on the server hoping for Blizzard to do something about our situation. We’ve refused to pay up with character transfers to Firemaw, Gehennas, Golemagg or any other high population realm like most old players did, and have been waiting for free transfers for months. I myself log in every day and first thing in the morning is to check if I’m allowed to leave this forgotten realm.

To hear about forced serer transfers is good in the sense that you’re doing something about the server situation. However the fact that our server has felt ever more dead for the whole of 2022 remains. Forcing transfers from dead realms onto a realm like Razorgore at August won’t magically fix our island progression, which by then will still be stuck at phase 2 by the way, and will only prolong the problem. You have to give a large incentive for people to transfer into our server to get a healthy population, or the server will die midway through wrath and you must repeat this process.

So please, give us free transfers. We’ve suffered enough.

13 Likes

Yeah i know but in this case allowing players from those two realms to transfer servers won’t hurt anyone. Ashbringer and Razorgore are as dead as it gets, few of us leaving won’t change anything.

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

So, let’s assume we’ll be getting that hypothetical “big boost” of players who haven’t logged since August / September last year. Instead of transferring (or boosting) to another realm with a playable population they’ll opt to play on our dead little server where they can’t even get mats to level up their professions off the AH? And if they do stick around, will they stick around long enough to actually salvage the horrendous grouping situation? I’m a bit sceptical.

You say that you can’t always be fair, and while that’s true, they could at least try. There’s been no communication regarding our server status for ages, but the second Firemaw has some queue problems that stuff gets a blue post and free transfers open up within a week or two. I guess Razorgore just doesn’t have enough paying customers. Everybody in my guild with three full raid teams has been ready to leave for ages now, but not everyone is willing to fork over 100€+ in order to transfer our mains and alts. Looks like that’s what Blizzard’s hoping for, though.

1 Like

Inb4 cross faction grouping coming to Classic too.

The game is broken when there are NOT rp servers. Cause game is not only autoaccept quest - deliver - levelup - farm. There is a lot of work behind all wow stories and characters and only rpers embrace this aspect of the game.

9 Likes

Can you please turn on free transfers off of Ashbringer…?

Open free transfers to ZT! DON’T KILL RP! It’s part of the game that doesn’t exist to others servers. The previous transfers did the damage, give ZT a breath!

6 Likes

Blizzard!
Please, consider an option to allow transfer from one account to another within the same battle.net account. It is possible on non-classic realms, but impossible on Classic for some reasons :frowning:

3 Likes

This. A thousand times this.

So, basically Blizzard is not interested in keeping up any RP servers? That is really sad.
Despite the fact that there was a special atmosphere on these small servers, which obviously doesn’t appear in any kind of statistics from

It was stupid from the beginning to make free transfers FROM low pop servers instead of allowing free transfers TO them.
But killing ALL the RP Servers? You will lose a whole community group by doing that.

14 Likes

That would appear to be the case. I would really appreciate a statement from them admitting that they truly wish to get rid of all RP servers… so at least it’s clear and transparent.

Haiya…

3 Likes

Does it hurt you that people can RP on their server? I do totally not understand this.

Keep the RP servers in TBCC!

And if you’re answering for som e “poor players stuck on ZT”. Know that they do not exsist, they have already had free transfer for a long, long time.

5 Likes

Same for HW and the other RP realms! We RP-server inhabitants got to stick together!

4 Likes