Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

The idea is that Alliance and Horde actually hate each other so that you will not get lured into having sympathy with the enemy you have to decide which side are you on. As an RPler I have actually never understood the desire of PvP as it is unpleasant and get in the way of the talking.

I think he is talking about moving chars from PVE realms to PVP, not having both factions on one realm.

On my old RP-PVP Realm we have had a “light” guild with Priests, Paladins, Warriors (and one "undercover Warlock. Adoptive daughter from our Paladin guild master :laughing: ), and an “enemy” guild with undead.

This was always fun when we met each other in “the wild”.
Should i follow, or not? attack, or not?
There was some, not planned, cross faction RP.
Good old times…

I´d wish, Blizzard would listen to us.
I do not want to loose my RP :frowning:

1 Like

Oh that. That whas because you should not have it easy to level on a pve realm and then go pvp. But yeah that explenation is now bogus as there are enough one faction realms and dead realms to be able to play.

i can’t read the word “dead realm” anymore :confounded:

I guess, there is something coming for the era realms, too… i guess the rumor origins actually from Aggrends post regarding low pop realms:

Due to the nature of Season of Mastery being a time-limited experience, and all SoM realms will eventually permanently close, combined with the the fact that we currently have FCMs available off of many low population realms there, its unlikely we will push too hard to consolidate these realms before the end of the season.

It´s not quite clear if he is talking about the SoM realms only, or Era realms in generall…

Yes, i know the old restriction, and i would stick with it, but well…

I think it feels already strange, that one can have both factions on PVP realms. I on the one hand liked it back then, on the other hand it was really strange.

Yes. And it is always written by people, who are not on the realm.

1 Like

/hug vanillataur

I knew it - Gnome and Tauren are best friends!

2 Likes

Well I call my realm “dead” and it is not getting consolidated.
You may find joy in the game as long as you have people to RP with. Others tend to seek that joy in going dungeons or playing arena. If that is not even remotly possible it is fair to say that your realm is dead. And I think that is also true for more than the consolidated realms e.g. mine, razorgore, Transcendence, Ashbringer and for minority factions on heavy 1 sided servers like Gehennas (A), Earthshaker (H), Morgraine (A), Ashbringer (H). And probably more will follow in the comming month if Blizzard is not willing or capable to add server connection features.

This is from 8th of may: /watch?v=lfuV6VoImEM (Youtube). Since then we lost another 50% of our population.

I know people tend to overdramatise but denying problems on some/many of the realms isn’t helping either.

I think you misunderstood Berophar.

i think our gnome was talking about Blizzard and our realm, nothing else.

But for us, or at least me, it’s „hurtful“ if they are talking about dead realms, and wanting to kill it - if i am still happy there.

No one thinks that other realms shouldn’t be merged (except Blizzard…)

2 Likes

is this server closing down?

Nope.

Blizzard listened to the player feedback :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Still hoping for my own realm, Celebras. For many of us older guys, Blizzard could offer us a chinese realm instead, it would be the same… and they don´t do that for obvious reasons :see_no_evil:

(beside the fact, that it is difficult to reach the Hydraxian Waterlords forum from germany, the only more or less easy way is to google it - the webside is keeping one sending back to the german webpage. I know, that some of my friends would have difficulty, to find the board… :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

No, we were saved, but Celebras and ZT will close down unless we can make Blizz change their mind about those two as well - and I think Celebras deserves to survive!

3 Likes

The frustation (and sadness) is rising and rising at the Celebras players.

Especially those who do not speak english, are desperate.

I don´t belive that Blizzard thinks, that people who do not speak english are second class, but why are they treated like that?

A lot of us feel abandoned…

:hearts: :blue_heart: :white_heart:

If Blizzard lets us live, I will make you our honorary citizen. :smiling_face:

the owl begins to search in a ceremonial bag…

4 Likes

Side note:
During my break now i checked my tutorial channels on Youtube, and for whatever reason Youtueb offered me “Fools garden” “Lemon Tree” (i usually do not listen to music, but well…)
No i don´t get the analogy out of my mind:
The singer: me
The person he is talking to: Blizzard
The (sour) lemon tree: Hydraxian Waterlords (sorry, dear HW players, it´s not intended :see_no_evil: :neutral_face:)
The blue sky/yesterday: The goold old times when our realms were not doomed
The “isolation”: The isolation from my german Rp friends who will be scattered to the four winds and my guild, which is breaking apart

And now, after my break, i should read log files and figure out some weird exceptions. I don´t think, that will be a very productive remaining working day :crazy_face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zga3j91i8

3 Likes

Hi Kaivax, do you have any plans for heavy one faction-dominated realms? Should we at least have Free Character Transfers as well, please?

Golemagg is a 90%+ horde realm with less than 10 alliance guilds raiding. Since it is PVP realm, Wotlk outdoor questing and leveling will be almost impossible.

Is paying 100+ Eur for transferring my toons the only option I have? (5000g transfer limit at this stage of the game?)

Thanks

:lemon:
I remember this song :slight_smile:
and I feel with you.

Let Celebras live!

3 Likes

Mograine Alliance is completely dead. As in there are fewer than 5 players. Why doesn’t a dead faction qualify for FCM?

1 Like

It should, but they only monitor total server population.

1 Like

I wrote this post a few days ago in the German forum, but I would like to share it here again. Please don’t be surprised, I used the help of a translation program.

I - like most others - wow 15 years ago. From the base game to Lichking, mostly continuous. From time to time I was raiding, mostly I played something with the guild at that time or was in Inis from time to time. In wow I also met my partner - in BC times.

When it was said: Wow classic is coming, nostalgia was awakened and we were looking forward to it. We didn’t think much of the planned mass servers, but we gave it a chance and settled in Lakeshire, because there was at least one RP community there. We even found RP guilds. But we weren’t really happy. And then came the announcement that the German RP community had been heard: Celebras was coming. It didn’t take long, we switched and almost immediately founded our own guild.
Without Celebras we probably wouldn’t even have made it through December. But we found great people who were all just as crazy as we were. Some came into our guild, some we got to know in raids.
Sometimes you didn’t really feel like playing, but you came for the raids just because we had fun with the people. The nostalgia was long gone, we stayed because of such incredibly great people on our small but up until then functioning server. We were happy to continue paying 13 euros a month for this, and only for that.
Some left, and most of them are still known by name, even if they weren’t from your own guild.
When the server transfers away from Cele were opened earlier this year, many took the opportunity. But many stayed, precisely because they continued to prefer the small community to the large, anonymous masses. So do we. Cele grew a little closer, but we were still there and we continued to have good times and bad times together. First and foremost good . The raids agreed with each other, founded alliances to continue playing. And it worked.
Then I got the message from my partner right in the morning when he read it on the forum: Celebras is closing.
The great quarreling began: we don’t want to go. But we have to. only where? Actually, we don’t want the big mass servers, that’s why we left. That’s why not long ago people paid money to come to us.
I am very happy that at least the English RP server is allowed to stay. But unfortunately it is not an option for our community, for some the language barriers are simply too high. I am very grateful for the offer to run this server bilingually.
Nevertheless, I would have liked to have kept our home a little longer. After Lichking it would have been the end for most of us anyway, some would only have played for the sake of the community. Blizzard made the decision for them.
The first subscriptions have been cancelled. For my part, I still don’t know what I’m going to do. My partner made his decision today. He will go down with Celebras.
And for the first time in my life, today I shed bitter tears because of a game.

26 Likes

When are we getting a word on the situation with Hydraxian Waterlords and the other RP servers?

Cause if we want to something about fixing the surviving RP servers and attract people back in, at the very least we need free transfers to open. It’s been almost two weeks.

4 Likes

We really could do with some answers about the server mergers in detail so we can plan ahead, that would be really helpful.

1/ What is happening about Ashbringer and Razorgore

2/ Which additional servers are going to have free transfers to/from them.

3/ When will this be implemented.

This should be your number 1 consideration above everything else. Get people sorted out first so they are on a server they are happy with, then worry about other stuff like amending the dungeon finder and adding things no-one wants, get the priorities right!

Please update us ASAP @kaivax @Blizzard

2 Likes