Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

I beg you! Make the possibility of free transfer from Gehennas for Alliance players to other servers! I started on Gehennas from the very beginning, when there was an optimal ratio of factions. Now there is simply no Alliance, and a lot of good players with a lot of characters are stuck on this server. Create normal conditions for us to play!

1 Like

That’s it.
And indeed, I first learned French at school, then Latin - and then a little bit english…

3 Likes

LATIN!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Was my second foreing language, after english. Loved Latin :heart_eyes:

English was my first foreign language, our first teacher was great, but she left soon.
the second teacher was good, but… well, he told me i was to dumb to do it right and such kind of stuff (he never managed that the class is silent, and i am hearing impaird. :crazy_face:) all other teachers we had, couldn´t speak english well themselves and/or didn´t pronounce words correctly (was always fun when exchange students from Canada or USA visited our english class, and the teacher talked to them.
exchange studend to one of my school mates: “What did she say???”

I stopped listening to them, and my good but mean teacher was the reason, why i really avoided english as long as possible. Never closed the gap in my basic language skills and vocabulary…

3 Likes

We could ask for a latin server :smiley:
Latin has been the language for scientists because everyone had another native language.

Then Blizzard: “Are you fool? Here is your damned German Server!!!” (just a gnomish idea)

4 Likes

I LOVE that idea!!
:joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :joy:

Reminds me of my latin teacher. She and her husband were at a hotel in… i dont know.
There were 4 other rooms, and they could talk on their balcony to each other - what they did every evening.

My teacher were germans (german) one were i think from netherlends, the other two i don´t know (again two different countries).

the only language everyone spoke was… latin. Therefore they had every evening long talks in latin. :sweat_smile:

Hey, Kaivax, what do you think?
I like that idea. :grin:

(But i would stick with Celebras, too… :innocent: )

Edit: Fun fact: If I remember correctly, she told us this story, because everyone said “Latin” is a “dead language” “no one talks and needs today” and her conclusion was:
You see, it is NOT dead, everyone should speak Latin.

It would fit… somehow :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

If you are medic, you have to learn latin. It’s not dead at all. In fact, that is exactly the reason why medics have to learn it. You can work with someone who speaks strange languages like finnish or hungarian…

3 Likes

I too love Latin - my third (or fourth) language after English, German (and Spanish). So a server in latin sounds challenging - Challenge accepted!

2 Likes

Sorry, I can only say “Romans go home!”

2 Likes

Ey!! :frowning:
Yes, we want too… we want too…

:handshake:
so be it :muscle:
Either a German, or a Latin
No one should be able to say that we are not willing to compromise.

(and i used google translate to translate this… so much to my english knowledge… :see_no_evil: )

2 Likes

Oh Khadya…
I´d wish, your post was more visible.
What a pitty that it wasn´t possible to repost it with the correct character…

I can garantee you, you are not alone.
Not alone with the feelings and the story you described, and not alone with crying…
:cry: :broken_heart:

6 Likes

When wil it be possible to move back to Hydraixan Waterlords for us how moved our chars from there ?

5 Likes

Soon :tm:

Joke aside they said in the coming weeks - must be soon :wink:

1 Like

Before the 9.8… probably.

I am scared of this day…

4 Likes

I have noticed that often people don’t understand when we say there is a language barrier.
Besides the problems already mentioned here, that some of us simply never learned English:

Now why even those who know at least some English don’t feel good about it.
I can’t express this in English (as I would like to), especially not the RP scenario examples. So I do everything with deepl (so weird grammar or words are not my fault this time :wink: ).

A simple example:
Two characters meet.
Version 1:
Char 1: Hi. Come, let’s talk he points to the bench nearby with a casual hand gesture.

Version 2:
Come, let’s talk the voice sounds threatening There’s a bench back there he makes a curt gesture towards a bench nearby.

What I would make of it:
Let’s talk

Sure, the effect would be the same - but a whole lot of information would be missing, which would be important for the atmosphere of the scene

Second example:
It’s evening in Stormwind. Two characters are walking along the streets of Stormwind (one of them is mine).
At one corner, a character is standing, somewhat hidden in the dark, who has been following the other two players all day.
The character in the dark does an emote along the lines of:
looks at the night elf and his companion from slightly narrowed eyes. In his hand he holds a red cloth, which he crumples up slightly.

Now there are the following possibilities:
Do I want to go for it? (maybe I want to go to bed)

If yes: How does my character react?
Version 1:
My character is rather good-natured and open-minded
looks curiously back over her shoulder
Strange, he looks familiar somehow. What a coincidence

Version 2:
My character is rather cautious
throws a nervous glance over her shoulder to the figure in the dark
He seems strange to me… I think he’s been following us for a while. Let’s go faster

(and about a million other ways this could go).
We remember: I’m walking.
So I’m going to go out of emote range soon, in that time I have to think about whether I’m going to go for it, how I want the ball to go on, how my character would react to it (cue more scared, or curious. Or maybe she is more aggressive, and would confront?), I have to find the right words.
And by the time I find them in the dictionary, I’m already out the city gate… :wink:

How important this, as we call it, “opportunity roleplay” is depends on the realm. On some there are only arranged events. Others live only from this “open world” rp, many have both in different weighting.

But exactly this casual rp makes the fascination at least for me. I walk through a familiar city… and anything can happen.

Roleplay, even if it is “only” event RP, lives from these emotes. It’s a give and take - one offers the opportunity for Rp, even just at the mailbox with a strokes the strand of hair out of his face with a tired movement.
Possibly even with a “sweaty”, so strokes the sweaty strand of hair from his face with a tired movement.
And another one sees it, and directly has different infos to get an RP going: The character is tired and sweaty. So it must have been a long day, possibly with a long trip or a lot of work. Either way - he has a starting point Maybe his character was also on the road for a long time? or he spent the whole day collecting apples in nordhain?
And already he has something to talk about (or maybe it’s just a thief who smells easy prey… who knows ).

PVE and PVP players, especially if they play on a higher level, need a certain skillset. Dicey situations have to be recognized (we are too close to each other and too close to the stones that are about to fire… so go, move), you need to have fast reflexes especially in PVP. You have to know the bosses and their abilities, or in PVP the other classes and their counters.

For roleplaying the most important thing is: creativity and… language.

Taking away our language means taking away our most important tool. :neutral_face:

That’s also one of the reasons why in the long run probably no other German RPers would follow - most of them will rather look around on German PVE (especially since the HW forum is not well accessible either… constantly being redirected back to the German site with every wrong click. There you have to google. That this should be the “German rp realm”, where also German-speaking RPler should gather, probably no one will expect).

I know that some players are comfortable with the idea of giving Hydraxian Waterlords a chance if Cele goes.

For some, like me, that’s out of the question… because that’s not the level I want to play. And i already tried it, at Classic Release, before Cele was announced. On Hydraxian Waterlords, and Zandalar Tribe. It’s not fun for me.

(i of course play with players who use shorter emotes like “let´s talk”. There is always someone with language barrier, or not so much experience, or whatever. It´s just not the way i want to be able to express myself in RP)

30 Likes

When is soon? Not yet, I just checked.

And please let Celebras live!

9 Likes

Free Transfers to HW soon?? Soon better be very soon Blizz :kissing_heart:
Would be even better if you just would let me stay on my Home-Server Zandalar Tribe. Why even shutting it down? RP PVP is everything!

7 Likes

Please do not forget Celebras. We can not just learn english so it would be like Draenei/Blood Elves suddenly having to speak a language they never learned before.

5 Likes

Let Celebras live!

8 Likes

I think it is too late :frowning: . But thank you very much for your try !!!

2 Likes

The sad thing is:
What Celebras made so, so special were the friendships everywhere.

That´s the reason, why this little realm could still thrive.

With the first persons canceling their subs, this glue is falling apart.

Some guild can´t even decide, which realm they want to choose.

We stick together for so long, due to friendships.

And now we are forced apart…

But I still have a little bit hope left.

Why should Blizzard be interested in destroying friendships… :frowning:

8 Likes