Burning of Teldrassil was a genocide

True.

It’s one of the main tipping points that exemplified how Blizzard butchered her character arch in BfA (as well as painting the entire Horde yet again under negative light).

Now, they are trying to backpedal on the chaotic evilness of it all with cinematics such as:

Where they presented the fact that apparently she may have been doing such for a greater good (such as breaking a corrupt and faulty afterlife cycle).

It may have to do with the fact that Afrasiabi has left the writing team, and the rest may not be as bent on turning her into another loot pinhata.

Yeah I know, they are trying to shine light on her actions - but as consumer I don’t buy into it, sure knowing her motives would make me relate, but to justify or absolve anything prior to that is just absurdity.

There’s so far her character go with that leash they have made for her.

2 Likes

You need to learn the difference between an evidence and an assumption. You are assuming Sylvanas knew Arbiter broke based off of the fact that she was ready to cause as much death in Azeroth.

She could have had that goal since cata though? Just look at her strategy. She never hesitated to kill even her own people. Even her own civilians. She never hesitated to use chemical weapons that completely defile the land and kill anything that even touches it.

You are simply assuming, and I’m not blaming you for this specifically because it makes sense, but it is not an evidence or a proof of her knowing what happened after emerald nightmare, at max it is an implication, but it’s not 100% clear which is the point I’m making.

Regardless, the reason of her burning down Teldrassil is still an impulse of rage in which she wanted to make Delaryn feel what she herself felt during battle of QuelThalas, so she turned to genocide.

1 Like

No.

I know that Sylvanas knew such, because we were clarified that she KNEW that the souls of her victims would be sent to the Maw. And that she started the Fourth War because of it.

True. For ill, the character has already been botched.
Yet another victim of the absurd feuds between writers, their echo domes, and the motto about not giving one iota about plausibility or consistency.

source of this specific sentence?

Let’s just call it a sylvatantrum, and agree that sylvatantrums are a very bad thing, without arguing definitions. :wink:

1 Like

:point_down:

Holy I just can’t you’re actually dumb. This proves nothing. This doesn’t say absolutely nothing about her KNOWING that the souls are going into the maw. I read the interview and there was nothing about her KNOWING, only her intentions. You can very much have intentions align with your future goals without knowing about it yet which does seem like the case here

There is no Official source saying one or the other. But there have been enough info given to us to kinda know that by now.

Yeah but 1. All of this information just implies that she might know that. Nothing proves it.
2. It is completely irrelevant info anyway, because she obviously burned down the world tree to punish Delaryn for not letting go of hope, not to funnel the souls into the maw, as she would get more in the war anyway.

1 Like

The text literally says that she started this war to throw the souls into the Maw.

You can’t operate under the assumption that the souls WILL be sent to the Maw, unless you know that system hasn’t already been tweaked to allow such.

If Sylvanas didn’t know the Arbiter was out, she wouldn’t take for granted that the souls would be sent to the Maw.

You should check on your comprehension/reading skills mate.

We know she was in league with Jailer since Icecrown incident. And that the plan to crown her as Warcief was done by Muezalah so the plan was in motion. She knew the war would fuel the Maw one way or another. That was her goal not Azerite per se. And Daleryn moment was just a really good opportunity to showcase Night Elf that she was wrong in her dying moments and plus get some extra point with Jailer.

I don’t disagree she did it in spite but also she knew where these souls would go.

1 Like

You’re aware that souls were able to be put in the maw even when Arbiter was awake right? What makes you think that Sylvanas didn’t want to create the war just to have the highest possibility of capturing as many evil souls and sending them into the maw?
And here we are again, assuming. You are doing it whole time, Now I am doing it too, and where are we getting with this, nowhere.

Again.

1. It is not 100% confirmed she knew Arbiter broke
  2. Teldrassil Genocide was caused because Sylvanas wanted to punish Delaryn, not to funnel souls in the maw
  3. If she intended to funnel all of those souls into the maw, she would have burned Teldrassil right away & wouldn’t occupy Darkshore
  4. It is beyond obvious from Good War, Elegy and the cinematic that she didn’t intend to cause genocide at first. She was very much happy with her plan of simply capturing it, which just disproves whatever you might say about my 2nd and 3rd point

Jesu christ, why this person just can’t accept the fact that all events which started befoe BfA were retconned. It it so hard?

1 Like

You are just assuming she knew where the souls would go. If there’s one thing I’m going to die on is that she did not commit the genocide to funnel the souls into the maw. If anyone actually believes it, explain to me: Why did she put effort into capturing and occupying night elven lands. Why did she create a masterpiece plan of capturing Teldrassil, stealing azerite and crippling Alliance’s Kalimdor influence. Why did she put all of this effort in if she would have burned the tree anyway? And Also, why did Blizzard put such a high emphasis on Sylvanas being in rage and her causing the genocide calming her down?.

Because Blizz screwed up to tell their story. The entire motivations in BtS completley chages since SL because all she did made no sense at this point. Don’t try to find any logical reasoning in there because you won’t find any and accept that the storytelling sucks.

1 Like

Because the quote itself addresses the victims of the war as a whole, as being sent to the Maw. Not some, not a few. All.

Because the entire premise behind Shadowlands is to unveil the scheme between Zovaal and the rest of agents that worked to make it possible.

Because we have clarifications regarding an ongoing deal that took place with the Jailer back in Cata.

Because we know the system broke sometime during Legion.

And because clarifications that followed, had Sylvanas acknowledging this all as part of her plan.

I’m not sure if you are delusional, disingenuous or simply lack on reading/comprehension skills, but it’s getting rather weird having to explain the most basic premise that has ruled the story in these last years.

As Blizzard said, this was all a facade about carrying out some honest war effort. One that tried to mask the fact that she had ulterior motives.

Because the Horde would never agree to a plan that essentially required of them to die and feed their souls to an otherworldly being, while killing as many people as they could in the process.

Don’t know why, but it kinda makes sense if you use at least one functional neuron.

1 Like

She tried it so hard that she even masked her inner thoughts at this point. A real iteresting 4d chess move to protect herself from priests mind reading abtility :+1:

2 Likes

If we take into consideration Before the Storm, she even had the ability to break the 4th wall to deceive players!!!

Masterful.

PS: Writer’s inconsistency regarding lore does not change the messaging intended with each new development. Welcome to the definition of “Retcon”.

1 Like

Because war, war would have the biggest casualties. What better way to fuel Maw other then involving whole planet into a war.

That is better explanation then starting a world war on old hatreds.

Also its undeniable that she already had the escape plan set out - the info about the veil and Muezalahs whisper being the sign of plan in motion. She knew about Helyas alliance with Jailer and so forth. Idk all this things make it pretty clear that she knew what she was doing, that machine of death was broken.

And Teldressil was an improvisation of the plan.