Bursting fails!

It is way too much damage by bursting, 4 % more damage than earlier. It is ridiculously overtuned, it makes you much less enjoy to play. Lets say +4 M and 4 stacks almost 75 % of your hp. Slowly run, because of bursting.

7 Likes

Monk,druid and pala are the best at healing bursting. The dmg isnt overtuned… Your group just need to know what to do. And if you strugle to heal, just use more pre pots

1 Like

Im not the best player in the cosmos. But tbh it feels way too hard imo. Before it was ,ignore me" afix …now its one of hardest.

5 Likes

There will always be harder weeks, if you cant manage to do high keys bcs of the affixes, then you need to practise or get better gear or have the right class combo.

it is not about being good or bad. Somehow blizzard overtuned it. I never healed over 30k (that’s maybe tyrannical galvaz in tos). because people were not getting high damage. I joined a +7 wm. but the damage taken was like +11 to +14 before patch. I healed 45k at a trash fight…
aside from high damage
and also that stupid retarded quake must be removed from game or should not interrupt any casting out of combat. I drink for mana. it is interrupted by bursting or quaking. basically i don’t have any time to drink. people dead or wait for me to drink.

6 Likes

wait, did they buff it? it did feel strong this week.

any source?

1 Like

Have you even read the lastest updates to bursting ? also why should every group be a meta group .Players like you are part of the problem “yo bois must be meta and 3million rio”

n a hotfix on December 14, Bursting went from 10% to 14% of maximum health per stack (over 4 seconds). A bugfix late in Legion had removed occasional extra Bursting ticks, but made the affix something you could almost ignore. This change restores it to its original lethality.

2 Likes

thanks.

yeah ill take that into consideration now lol.

would be nice if blizzard could bother themself to announce that sort of changes on official source.

2 Likes

The whole mechanic about bursting is that you are suppose to nuke down one mob at a time. Bur people always for some reason insist on that everything must be nuked down because padding.

This leads to mobs dying at the same time which means 5 stacks where people blame the healer.

For some reason everyone it seems insist on making this affix as hard as possible.

2 Likes

This. Just take out two at a time.

1 Like

They fact blizzard said just this last week with the 30% to all dungeons above normal you must have ignored .
Currently doing a 10+ will actually feel like doing a 13/14 + in season one any google search will tell you this.
Please stop with the
“Get gud” comments or bring meta its not helpful at all.

1 Like

I think the problem is actualy lower key, they feel overtuned I did a +2 and it felt more or less like a 7, that was the mob dmg mostly, offcourse there was no affixes exept fortiefied, before patch a +2 mob was not hard at all, heck a dps could tank them for a few secs, now it is close to impossible, then again it is also expected to be like this, though I wonder how higher keys are due to this. But time will tell.

1 Like

Killing everything at once is not the worst way to do it. In fact, depending on your composition it might even be the best way to do it. For example, a DK’s Anti-Magic Shell will prevent infinity Bursting stacks if used pre-emptively, so the more kills you score in those five seconds, the better.

The worst way of doing it is poor staggering, where you “slowly” build up a large stack.

Not all people in the group have that ready on every pack though

1 Like

Its not overtuned. Its supposed to be harder now. And its about following the mechanics.

1 Like

It hits hard, true. But it’s doable, at least on the difficulty levels I’ve tried, 2,3,4,5,6 so far on pugs with 370 iLvl ish on my tank.

Yeah, using CDs is mandatory on a lot of them pulls, but that’s the point methinks

1 Like

What? How would you deal with the stacks from the adds surrounding SotS council boss or the bubble adds before Aquasir?

2 Likes

it is hard af, and with quaking on top of that

nightmare to deal with.

its hard but its not bad, the hard part is when you add quaking on top of that.

Like I said, some abilities are hard counters to Bursting. Cloak of Shadows, Ice Block, Divine Shield, (pre-emptive) Anti-Magic Shell, probably others. Even if you don’t have one on every group member, each one that does is a player that doesn’t need healing.

If you have the coordination to kill a whole pack at nearly the same time and combine it with powerful defensives, it’s superior to all alternatives. It’s faster and it’s less damage taken.

Now you brought up a very severe example and it might be difficult to pull it off in that case, especially in a PUG, but the solution I mentioned is pretty much as old as the problem.

1 Like